Less Typey, more FCey

Marcus Arilia

Less Typey, more FCey

Post by Marcus Arilia »

This weekend my wife was off at a bachelorette party, so I thought it would be the perfect time to try my hand at some additional FC’ing. Luckily for me our chain was very fruitful.

Engagement 1
It started with us rolling into Ehefkae’s chain. After some scouting, we saw three in their Forti, but other than that it was dead. Knowing there were a couple ex-Unis there I formed up small ships on their hole, sent a meta frig through to show some leg, and started taunting Penelore via a chat. She told me they’d form something (being the nice Unista she is, and always willing to feed us a little for some learning content). They popped a sabre through to get our fleet comp, and we waited.

While we were waiting Zako, Vince, and Ithugor logged on. That gave me a good bit more DPS as well as a bubbler and a Kitsune. They came through with two Guardians and a Draugur. I figured there was no way we were going to out DPS the Guard reps on the Draugur so I had everyone primary one Guard while putting the Cruor neuts and Enyo Nos’s on the other. Started to get through some of the armor but was wondering if they were bait tanking, so I added some heat to get him into hull and see what happens. Sure enough, the reps really started coming and Penelore repped him back to full. During this time, we lost a couple of the meta frigates, which was unsurprising considering the Draugurs DPS and the T1 resists of the frigs. A little after this my Kitsune showed up. He got Penelore’s Guard jammed and the other started going down. I had the bubble go up and we killed the first Guard. Penelore jumped through and we followed. Started burning her down as well till she got into jump range. She jumped back and we followed and bubbled again. The Draugur burned out of the bubble and warped down as we finished off Penelore. The big thing coming out of this, without the Kitsune we would not have broken the Guard chain with our little frigates. We gave them ‘good fights’ and I called to leave both the pods and the loot since they were kind enough to ship into something for our little frigates to fight.

Thanks again Penelore for bringing USTZ some content.

Battle Report
+848.52 m -34.09 m

Engagement 2
Oh’ Leeador was scouting down the chain and called a Gila and a Stork leaving a system. He got the pilot’s names and we determined they were leaving their hole (and we assumed for content). Knowing they might return I called for SS and we camped in their hole on wormhole they had exited. Oh’ Leeador stayed eyes and called a Drake inbound. We bubbled up our side and went for the Drake. He quickly burned back to the hole and we chased. As we were burning them down a Stork, Gila, and another Drake came in as well. We caught them all in our bubble and got the Stork locked up as the Drake went down. We focused in on the Stork and the Gila and other Drake started to burn in. The Stork went down and we chased and tried to bubble the other side. Unfortunately, they were already in warp to their structure.

Thinking they may bring a fight we warped back to * as they undocked a FAX, a Vindi and a Bhaal. Now at this point I assumed they were trying to send us a message. However, I’m always one for taking a fight. I had the main fleet pull back and reship to LA and left the bubbler cloaked, and the Kitsune flying around their hole giving me eyes. They continued to undock and redock things while keeping the FAX on grid the whole time. We formed up on the . side and waited to see if they’d engage. After awhile it became clear they didn’t want to play (after some lovely Urban memes) and we withdrew. Looking back the biggest takeaway was on the LA form up I should have kept the main fleet a little farther back. In this case they had eyes two systems back, but it still would have been more prudent, so that I wasn’t showing our whole hand. Other big learning is that wormhole masses have been jacked with. About 30 minutes later someone caught their Raven that had been rolled out jumping through a high sec hole. We’d seen weird things with rolling lately, and this helped confirm it.

Battle Report
+263.14 m -0

Engagement 3
After rolling a fresh Bacon Oh’ Leeador called a ‘check check’. He had two Tengus and a Cerberus. After some additional D-scanning he determined they were ratting at separate sites. Luckily, we already had another cloaky scout in there with them. I formed up LA hoping to take out one of the Tengus and got us formed up on .Bacon. As I was reading back through the formup I noticed Urban said ‘solo exec’ and I had an idea. We already had one bubbler, but I called for one of the other DPS to swap to a bubbler as well. Oh’ Leeador and Loron both got me warp ins while I separated the fleet into two groups. I made Lucius the leader of group two and gave him some DPS, a bubbler, and a solo logi as well. We established which group would warp to which Tengu and jumped the hole together. I had the bubblers warp first, then the fleet behind them to take advantage of bubbler speed. Both groups landed on their grids, caught the Tengus and pew’d them and their pods down.

After bringing the loot home I called a reship to small ships to see if they’d play. As we were forming our scout called a Raven warping to the hole. I had us get a move on and we warped to the hole and managed to catch the Raven. Got a bubble up and shot the pod as well. We waited on the Bacon side for a few minutes. I was kind of worried about engaging in their hole since they were in a C4 Pulsar. Eventually a Rattlesnake warped around 100 off and started burning out. I had our scout get on grid and trail him about 10km behind and had him call when he was 150 off.

Once he called 150, we all took the hole and warped. We ended up about 18 off the Rattle and quickly established tackle. He started spreading some damage around and eventually primaried me (along with a scram + web). I was getting into hull on each hit, even with logi. I knew it wasn’t his guns, so I checked the drones out and he had out a Gecko. I called the Gecko primary to get him to force it back in, but unfortunately, he didn’t pull it till both myself, and my bubbler were down. The pods left grid, and around then he pulled the Gecko and logi was able to catch up. Before we got back the Rattle went down (my assumption is he ran out of cap). Unfortunately, without the bubbler we couldn’t get the pod as well.

A few learnings from all of this. I was a little worried about our ability to coordinate the Tengu hits, since that’s not something I’ve really seen us try before. Luckily it went extremely well, so it’s something I think we can do in the future, the planning just needs to be done well. I was a little worried about going for the Rattle in the Pulsar. I think the only reason this fight went well was that the Rattle was Rapid Heavy fit (likely assuming we were still in our LA ships) so his missiles couldn’t apply at all.

Battle Report
+3,676.38 m -157.94 m

Engagement 4
Oh’ Leeador found an Abaddon in a lowsec behind an acceleration gate. The initial plan was to send in the Jag and hope he didn’t run, but Lucius was nice enough to volunteer his Lachesis. He got in, grabbed tackle, and our little fleet came in. I told him to hop off grid once the Jag got tackle so we didn’t risk an accidental Lachesis loss if it was bait. The Armageddon went down. Someone may want to send him some fitting advice though.

Battle Report
+621.57 m -0

Engagement 5
After a Stratios baiting adventure that Urban FC’d we went looking for the Strat’s home. As Urban was scouting down the chain I sent our Jag, Willuw, to pop into an unmapped Nullsec (the Strat’s corp had a recent Null kill) to see if that was the chain they had come from. Well it turns out it wasn’t the right chain, but instead it was Delve and he found a Dominix sitting at 0 on the hole. I had him go for tackle and told the fleet to freeburn to two systems to help the Jag. The Domi was late to redbox anyone (maybe adjusting his Rorquals), and when the retris started killing his drones he recalled them and contemplated the inevitable trip back to his med clone.

We wandered over to the Strat’s home that Urban found but they didn’t want to play, so I sent Urban to check out Delve again, cause why not. He called a Hel, Megathron, and Comet on the other side. The Hel warped off, so I had us warp to the hole and try to bubble the Mega. It got off in time (not sure if he was already in warp like the Hel, or if he was just out of the bubble), but we caught the comet and took that down. We memed local a little looking for a fight, but they didn’t want to play either, so we headed home and got some sleep.

Battle Report
+302.05 m -0

Engagement 6
We were rage rolling eggs, when we accidentally ended up on a new WH that wasn't actually eggs. As our rollers landed a Viper Sov Loki said "Don't roll this yet" then ran away through the hole. We docked and swapped to LA. We unfortunately lost a scout that was trying to get to the other side from the fleet, but they were kind enough to let his pod back.

Saw two Sabres on D. From past experience I knew we'd loose to Viper, but I'm always one for taking fights. They had a Proteus, 2 Lokis, 2 Legions, a Drek and a Itkitursa. I had us primary the Proteus. Urban quickly noticed the Lokis and one of the Legions were logi. With that I called to extract, burn to the hole if you could, or out of the bubbles if its closer. Two of the Augs got caught but the rest managed to get off via the hole or warp to Ali. On the way in to the hole the Sabres went down. We GF'd them in local and abiding to good ole Wormhole Bushido and thanking us for the fight they let us warp the rest of the fleet back home.

Always take the fight.

Battle Report
+175.00 -147.72

Total: 5,886.66 m -339.75 m
Last edited by Marcus Arilia on 2019.10.04 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Laethe Fooswa

Re: Less Typey, more FCey

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

Totes legit FCing friend...
Come to play anytime. And bring something that I can fly nano... finding reasonably priced brawlers in our hangers for these kind of shenanigans can be a challenge.

P.S. - way to undock the Kitsune Vincent :roll:
Vincemt' Night

Post by Vincemt' Night »

Laethe Fooswa wrote:Totes legit FCing friend...
Come to play anytime. And bring something that I can fly nano... finding reasonably priced brawlers in our hangers for these kind of shenanigans can be a challenge.

P.S. - way to undock the Kitsune Vincent :roll:

:heart: It's a great ship and gets a lot of much deserved hate. But like Marcus said, without it the fight would have gone totally different; with much more losses on our side and no losses on your side.
Rainton Rainz

Post by Rainton Rainz »

It was an excellent evenibg of PVP. Across the hole night up until the eggs incident we only lost 2 shipss.

My jaguar has never seen so much action in1 day.!!

Id like to thank Marcus. Thr FCing was excellent, and the dual tengu gank was bith managed and executed excellently.

RRZ
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

You missed something about our second visit to Delve: a Leviathan was reported on D-Scan.

Because apparently, a bunch of frigates are a situation which calls for a Titan. It's amusing to see that some people consider a few frigates coming out of a wormhole to be worth sending multiple supercapitals.
9th CCI medalist