[AAR] Noobs in the Night Whole (NNitH NATZ)

Amoni Panala

[AAR] Noobs in the Night Whole (NNitH NATZ)

Post by Amoni Panala »

Roam members (26)
Spoiler
Amoni Panala - Cruor
Ana'ander Lamora - Republic Fleet Firetail
Brick Alduin - Inquisitor
Cedric Redfist - Republic Fleet Firetail
Conci Furiram - Magus
Drebin 679 - Enyo
Eir Geiravor
Gergoran Moussou - Retribution
Greg Malufeld - Imperial Navy Slicer
Guarzo Opper - Federation Navy Comet
Ithugor Wells - Deacon
Marcus Arilia - Proteus
Nicholas Pilger
Paddy Alfrir - Republic Fleet Firetail
Peter Vanstead - Imperial Navy Slicer
Reaper Steel - Federation Navy Comet
Sone Eto - Enyo
Tori Moliko - Republic Fleet Firetail
Tyera Azrael - Enyo
Tyrion Edwardes - Imperial Navy Slicer
Vincemt' Night - Kitsune
Waruiru - Inquisitor
William Lyon Mackenzie - Inquisitor
Willuw Everquest
Zako Maken - Enyo
shureer Yassavi - Imperial Navy Slicer
Having a smaller turnout for the North American Time Zone, our group was able to move much more quickly to our destination. Unfortunately it took considerable time to get everyone shipped up due to the fact that I did not anticipate just how many would show up to our EUTZ event. They bought up all the contracts that were put up in our guest structure. I had to ferry ships from one structure to another and it was rather painful. Fortunately, our friends from the EUTZ fight decided they wanted round two. This time our C3 was a Wolf-Rayet which meant our small ships were perfect for this fight. After some confusion on my part about where things were happening, we camped out in our C3 on the connection to their hole. They sent through a few things and we blapped them. It was a good time.

They decided to bring out some bombers and I asked people to burn away from the hole. My thinking was that if the bombers were fit with rockets we'd be out of range. In hindsight, this was a bad idea because it meant we had to burn back to the hole each time to engage the enemy. It didn't actually accomplish what we wanted it to. What I should have done was had the fleet stay on the hole and instructed them as standing orders to jump through if they were going down. The only reason we didn't jump into their hole and take them there was that their hole was a pulsar and our C3 was a Wolf-Rayet. We had the advantage in the C3, they would have the advantages and then some in their home hole.

One move that they did that I thought was really impressive but ultimately ineffective ,was that as we were returning to our home hole, they dropped bombs as we were landing on the hole. It was a really well-timed bombing run, but ultimately poor choice of attack since bombs do not apply to frigates very well unless they have something blooming their signature radius (such as an MWD).

We combat rolled the our connection to the C3 and I got rolled out. NNitH NATZ became much more educational as our guests got to see the less glamorous aspects (like making 17 jumps back to our hisec connection).

Kills and Losses

(02:20:09) J104643
Typhoon +188.47m
Caracal +21.12m
Capsule +0.01m

(04:51:38) J104201
Heron +7.51m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 217,114,604.9
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 217,114,604.9
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Great form-up
    - NNitH folks were really adaptable and went with the flow of what was happening
    - So many bubbles upon our arrival...
    (Negative stuff)
    - Unnecessary maneuvers could have cost us had the enemy capitalized on it
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Laethe Fooswa

Re: [AAR] Noobs in the Night Whole (NNitH NATZ)

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

nice to see such a strong ustz nnith
well played playas
Tyrion Edwardes

Post by Tyrion Edwardes »

Thanks WHC and Amoni for having us on campus and taking us out. It was absolutely a good time and would love to do it again. The bubbles and fireworks as welcome were a nice touch (good on ya to whoever bubbled us mid-warp too). While the re-shipping took a considerable amount of time, I definitely understand and appreciate Amoni making the trips to get everyone fitted-up. And, of course, the pew-pew was good; always nice when the fleet is isk-positive.

One thing I would mention for the next NNITH is trying to explain up-front what we are doing, why, and how. It's great to see the space and jump around and have a fight or two, but to make it more of a learning experience and garner interest in the campus and perhaps make some new recruits out of the visitors it helps if they start to gain an understanding of what is going on. For instance, when it was called out not to engage in the pulsar it would have been nice to expand on that and say "don't engage in the pulsar because pulsars have a penalty to armor and capacitor and a bonus to shield and we are an armor doctrine so the enemy would have the advantage. We know the wormhole is a pulsar because the way it looks" (and I think there are various online resources that help catalogue wormhole types too). Just have to keep in mind that the fleet is meant as a learning experience for those that have some, or perhaps no, knowledge of J-space.

That being said, the WHC members did a great job answering questions from the noobs in fleet and, like I said, it was a great time. I might even end up applying for the campus =)
Ana'ander Lamora

Post by Ana'ander Lamora »

Tyrion, thanks for that helpful feedback! Definitely great to hear how NNitH worked or didn't work for our intended audience :)
Tyrion Edwardes

Post by Tyrion Edwardes »

Absolutely, thanks for hosting the event. Hopefully there's another one soon (although I know it takes effort putting it all together). Hopefully Amoni made it alright slow-boating back.
Waruiru

Post by Waruiru »

A good night was had! Good to have a bunch of regular WHC members taking part and showing us the ropes. Seeing a number of different aspects of the campus was nice and having people playing with us and teaching by doing was helpful. I won't mention Marcus messing with my cloaking, as he got far too much enjoyment out of my panic on that one!

Respectfully, I know many people love PVP, but it would have been good to have a couple minutes of discussion about the PVE that happens in the campus. A more rounded view of campus life would have been good and might have allayed some fears about how to pay for the fancy fits, which can seem rich to a newer player.

FCing was solid, it was nice to not lose any ships and thanks to various voices who gave Brick and I guidance on doing Logi. Much praise to Amoni for the extensive logistics work on moving ships for the players.