[AAR] 2019-09-19 @19:00 BLAP Caracals

Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

[AAR] 2019-09-19 @19:00 BLAP Caracals

Post by Yrgrasil »

now also in the correct forum section... will do the full writeup tomorrow, so for now just some short notes more or less

Roam members (15)
Spoiler
Asuka Rossi - Caracal
B'aldrick Aivoras - Keres
Cutecumber Roll
Devola Gestalt - Caracal
Erywin Chelien - Caracal
Fancy Aviator - Caracal
Gergoran Moussou - Caracal
Johan IV Hilanen - Caracal
Julien Alaphilippe - Caracal
Ky Hanomaa - Malediction
Loron Garns - Caracal
Marcel Eriker - Caracal
Titus Empire - Osprey
Yrgrasil - Cyclone
Zmeja - Osprey
Kills and Losses

- As we waited the malediction didn't moved and we could basically oneshot him. (i know it wasn't a gentlemen move, but we had no kill until then)

(20:52:46) F-RT6Q
Malediction +51.69m
Capsule +0.01m

- Fight went actually as expected, i tried the huginn even if a bni has lower resists, just to see how the dps is roundabout applying, but shield barely moved so i switched directly to anti tackle and tried to get the fleet off
- i think short after we started breaking a sabre we had some grid issue on both sides, so the combat was kinda screwed at this moment
- have to communicate more clear with the logi fc, we lost 2 or 3 caracals without any logi on grid, which could have helped a little bit as they bnis were further away.
- tbd

(21:17:52) F-RT6Q
Caracal -28.8m
Caracal -13.45m
Caracal -14.47m
Malediction +45.01m
Caracal -27.98m
Caracal -30.07m
Caracal -13.47m
Caracal -13.32m
Osprey -9.52m

- scout reported tengu + megathron on a gate, as far as i remember he called that they both were aggressing each other? at least mega had drone on our ceptor so we warped in.
- the group we fought helped us to kill them (actually we just applied some little dps, but its sound better if i say that they helped us)
- got to late the information that the tengu was not blue to them so we missed whoring on it.

(21:29:28) F-RT6Q
Megathron +398.23m
Capsule +0.69m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 495,632,955.26
ISK Lost: 151,084,922.81
ISK Delta: 344,548,032.45
Efficiency: 76.638%

--
- Fleet movement was really good, i loved it :)
- the fight was okay, i knew before that we won't really break the bni's but hoped for some tackle kills, sadly the grid thing issue denied us the sabre (or the basis, but i pretend it was the issue)
- took sadly quiet a lot time this round

--

For the people who left early because they died, here again the SRP Wiki Entry, https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/SRP and the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

If there is a any question, feel free to ping me on slack, forum, here etc.
Cutecumber Roll

Re: [AAR] 2019-09-19 @19:00 BLAP Caracals

Post by Cutecumber Roll »

I think only at most one caracal died with no logi on grid, but yeah, your logi fc (me) screwed up pretty royally at the begining of that fight and bounced the logi to the wrong place. (very sorry about that again)

2 of your logi arrived about 30 to 40 seconds late, and the 3rd arrived another 20 or 30 seconds late and out of position. The biggest issue from this wasn't really that we lost people before logi arrived I think, as the fighting didn't realy seem to have been going on for long when the first 2 of us arrived, but the dissorganisation of the logi that this caused led to serious cap chain issues as the 3rd logi arrived, and positioning issues as we tried to navigate away from bubbles as much as possible while staying in range and frantically attempting to land our rather innadequate reps. we were consistently landing 2 cycles of rep on each caracal as they died, but it just wasn't nearly enough.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

I had the Mega and Tengu on D at the gate so I went to check it out. About 5 seconds after landing and confirming that the Mega was about 15km off the gate and slowly aligning out, the Tengu pointed the Mega :)

Sorry for burning out my MWD on that Sabre and then missing for a few minutes though. Still not used to not having a station to repair nearby, so I should become more careful with overheating.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Cutecumber Roll wrote:I think only at most one caracal died with no logi on grid, but yeah, your logi fc (me) screwed up pretty royally at the begining of that fight and bounced the logi to the wrong place. (very sorry about that again)

2 of your logi arrived about 30 to 40 seconds late, and the 3rd arrived another 20 or 30 seconds late and out of position. The biggest issue from this wasn't really that we lost people before logi arrived I think, as the fighting didn't realy seem to have been going on for long when the first 2 of us arrived, but the dissorganisation of the logi that this caused led to serious cap chain issues as the 3rd logi arrived, and positioning issues as we tried to navigate away from bubbles as much as possible while staying in range and frantically attempting to land our rather innadequate reps. we were consistently landing 2 cycles of rep on each caracal as they died, but it just wasn't nearly enough.
Yeh thanks for clarifing, i was just looking at the kills and looking at the damage these caracals have taken. In a normal case i should just have warped off actually, and then tried a second attemp. But since it was already lateish i went just balls to the wall.

I guess i'll try to get actually at least one more logi for fleets this size next time, to have a bit less frustration with the reps.

--
Ky Hanomaa wrote:I had the Mega and Tengu on D at the gate so I went to check it out. About 5 seconds after landing and confirming that the Mega was about 15km off the gate and slowly aligning out, the Tengu pointed the Mega :)

Sorry for burning out my MWD on that Sabre and then missing for a few minutes though. Still not used to not having a station to repair nearby, so I should become more careful with overheating.
Don't be sorry for burning something. Some people actually have for this reason a depot + spare mwd and point in cargo. You are not alone :D
Julien Alaphilippe
Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post by Julien Alaphilippe »

I had fun! The quiet period when we were travelling was excellent for me - practising using A and D hot keys to align and jump.

The fight was still very confusing trying to anchor to you and target and broadcast need shields, then I died haha

Was not spacially aware enough - may have been zoomed in too far, but that's another lesson to work on.

Good news it I mamaged to podsave - wlthough to be honest I don't think they were targetting pods.

Am certainly going on fleet with you again.

Thanks a lot!
Image ImageImage Image
Orientation Officer ------------------------ Student Advocate