[AAR] 2019-09-09 @18:30 Rail Moas

Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

[AAR] 2019-09-09 @18:30 Rail Moas

Post by Yrgrasil »

EDIT: regular ISK/Kill overview will follow when the aar tool is doing what i want. <-- thats done

Roam members (13)
Spoiler
Abhi Dyon
Asuka Rossi - Hyena
Atadar Yassavi - Confessor
Avrin Dennard - Ferox
Cowboy Angel - Moa
Devola Gestalt
Jexexex - Moa
Marcel Eriker - Moa
Space Warfare Development - Moa
Tatami - Moa
Yrgrasil - Ferox
Yto Itinen - Moa
manda doomsslayer - Moa
Kills and Losses

We got some okayish wormhole to immensea, next to Detorid. I had the idea to move to the Fraternity Staging in http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/O3-4MN and poke the people there a bit.

Newbro Speech was again a bit meh from my side, through the low numbers i was kinda busy to figure out how we can make it work without fully switching the doctrine. Movement was through some completly newbro real slow, but that got sorted somewhen in the middle, after that i was nearly happy with that part at least.

On some astrahus we figured out slowly how the anchor and target calling worked out. We shot some fighter and after a bit some brave malediction sacrifized himself to us.

(19:39:09) O3-4MN
Malediction +39.67m
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I +0.68m

Since Frat seemed kinda busy playing Farmville in their Keepstars we checked some nearby pocket and the scout found a rattle + gila ratting in a site. Sadly the rattle mjd'ed away and we couldn't point the gila intime before that one also warped off.

I was already mildly angry at frat but since the way back was through there anyway i decided to stay a little bit around, hoping that they will bring something in. I think basically as i told my scout to stay in the system we came from, an PL jackdaw fleet came through and started to bubble us. Since i wasn't aligned, and really wanted to shoot something i called to engage and hoped for some sabre and/or ceptor kills before we all die.

One sabre got into low hull :/ End of story.

(20:04:59) IAS-I5
Hyena -57.04m
Moa -25.18m
Moa -23.09m
Moa -29.36m
Moa -31.55m
Moa -28.64m
Moa -25.6m
Moa -25.27m
Ferox -77.35m
Confessor -60.93m
Capsule -17.94m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

https://zkillboard.com/related/30000509/201909092000/

The survivors, 2 ospreys and me, went then back to the wh and amy.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 40,347,590.69
ISK Lost: 402,012,057.74
ISK Delta: -361,664,467.05
Efficiency: 9.121%

--

- Movement and anchoring was okay after a while, i guess 5-6 more fleets with me yelling at people and we are fine.
- Frat is for now off my list of people i like to visit, PL. was never on it, so no change there
- check your six is something i remembered as it was a bit late :D
- Rail Moas are somehow okay, but with these numbers i think blap caracals would have performed better. Maybe i should add this as alternative for the future.
- i think as the jackdaw fleet was getting in us i should have just called for antimatter and approached these sabres in the retro, but hope was there to kill them to get some decent bailing.
- to be continued
Devola Gestalt

Re: [AAR] 2019-09-09 @18:30 Rail Moas

Post by Devola Gestalt »

o/ thanks for the fleet, it was a good one.

I'll add a "logi squad leader" section to this AAR, first because it was my first logi SCing so I could use any feedback. And adding another point of view to the AAR can't hurt.

Formup

So after seeing who could boost, who could scout, who could DD... It was decided that Abhi Dyon and me would go Osprey on this roam. Abhi being a newbro logi pilot, I was promoted logi wing leader. I decided to undock first the 2 of us so I could explain cap-chaining & logi in general, and get some practice before going.

The roam started a bit too early for me to give a lecture good enough to my taste, but formup was already long, so I hoped I could end up my speech on the few HS jumps we had, and end up the Logi practical exercices while waiting on gates & WHs. What I didn't know (maybe I wasn't paying attention on comms), was that it was also one of Abhi's 1st fleet, so he also had to learn basic fleet commands (align/anchor ...) on the fly, in addition to Logi specifics.

While fleet formup was slow, and I understand that people want to undock and get some action at some point, spending a few mins for a proper newbro speech would have been worth it. If we had been engaged right after jumping the WH or in the first couple of gates, I doubt we would have had a proper cap chain going.

@Yrgrasil: I think it's worth it to see with FCC if they can give you a template of newbro speech, and possibly evemail you all the links of Gifs/picture we usually post on fleet chat that makes the basic commands much easier to understand.

1st engagement (warp to bubble)

After a few NS jumps, Abhi gets used to fleet movements. we have the cap chain ready and we can start repping.

I didn't understand really well what happened in this engagement. While I was reading the grid to decide where to go (basic decision making was: go out of the bubble, go away from the baddies while keeping some angular, stay in rep range from the DDs), and getting the cap chain going, most of the fleet had half of their shield gone. I wonder if I had not been paying attention to the watchlist much longer than I should have, but seeing that my drones were blaped, I guess we got a little smartbomb delivery that caused quite some alpha. Need confirmation on that.

At that point, at least 3 mistakes for me:
  • Not announcing to my squad when I burned for repositioning (mistake I did for the rest of the fleet)
  • Not announcing to FC that we weren't holding (but I think he saw it himself quite fast)
  • In my logi newbro speech, I forgot to tell that repairing other logi is top priority (especially when there are only 2 osprey). I spent a good part of the fight with less than half shield
FC fleet warped us to some safe, where we had time to repair all damage from this fight. No death.

2nd engagement (fighters)

A Moa was focused and went under half shield. After the first rep cycle, I announced that it looked like we could hold, and overheated 2 reppers for a few cycles just in case.

3rd engagement (it's raining Jackdaws)

When it looked like FC wanted to take a fight at this gate, I decided to reposition ourselves, so that DD ships would be 30-40km from us, and between the gate and us. I again forgot to call prop mod on/off for my squad. Anyway I was extremely satisfied with my positioning on this fight: always at decent rep range, always out of bubbles. That certainly helped saving the Ospreys.

About the grid & reps, there was no way for us to hold on this engagement. Too much alpha and DPS from the other fleet. This time i told FC quite early that we were not holding (that was stating the obvious looking at what came out of this gate, but it's still a good habit to take). At some point I was able to land 2 reps on someone who went in deep armor in a few seconds, he still got blaped in the next few ticks. Contrary to the 1st engagement where damage was spread all over the place, the ennemy did an excellent job at focusing fire on this one.

TL;DR

Abhi Dyon earned his logibro certificate. By the end of the fleet, he was a good logi pilot. Props for logying on one of your 1st fleet !
Good logi positioning
I wasn't ready to make a logibro (& 1st fleet) mini tutorial. Need to work on that.
I need to be more vocal (especially for prop on/off) and to squeeze squad voice commands between FC's ones.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] 2019-09-09 @18:30 Rail Moas

Post by Yrgrasil »

First off thanks for the feedback, i try to answer the remaining open questions/things somehow.
Devola Gestalt wrote:The roam started a bit too early for me to give a lecture good enough to my taste, but formup was already long, so I hoped I could end up my speech on the few HS jumps we had, and end up the Logi practical exercices while waiting on gates & WHs. What I didn't know (maybe I wasn't paying attention on comms), was that it was also one of Abhi's 1st fleet, so he also had to learn basic fleet commands (align/anchor ...) on the fly, in addition to Logi specifics.

While fleet formup was slow, and I understand that people want to undock and get some action at some point, spending a few mins for a proper newbro speech would have been worth it. If we had been engaged right after jumping the WH or in the first couple of gates, I doubt we would have had a proper cap chain going.

@Yrgrasil: I think it's worth it to see with FCC if they can give you a template of newbro speech, and possibly evemail you all the links of Gifs/picture we usually post on fleet chat that makes the basic commands much easier to understand.
i actually tried to use most of the newbro speech here https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 8&t=104235 , just used more the newish ingame pointer option instead of the gifs. That it was actually Abhi's 1st fleet was something i didn't recognized at formup, i was thinking it was only his first time logi.

I'll try to work on it, but i was never good at that specific part, and i assume that will not change :D

Devola Gestalt wrote:I didn't understand really well what happened in this engagement. While I was reading the grid to decide where to go (basic decision making was: go out of the bubble, go away from the baddies while keeping some angular, stay in rep range from the DDs), and getting the cap chain going, most of the fleet had half of their shield gone. I wonder if I had not been paying attention to the watchlist much longer than I should have, but seeing that my drones were blaped, I guess we got a little smartbomb delivery that caused quite some alpha. Need confirmation on that.
So the bubble was basically close to an Astrahus, and that thing had an Guided Bomb Launcher fitted, i think i called also several times to keep the drones in. These bombs are normally not really dangerous, except for drones and if you have not a lot logi. As we landed i called anchor, but basically aligned back to the gate we came from to warpout quick if needed.

Also maybe nice to know, if an astrahus or any other structure points you, then its only for 30 seconds, afterwards it goes on recycle for 60 seconds.

Devola Gestalt wrote:When it looked like FC wanted to take a fight at this gate
small correction here, if i had known what is actually jumping into us i would've bailed like nothing, just our position was kinda bad that we couldn't try to split them up by crashing the gate or directly warping off since the sabres were already on top of us. Basically only chance i saw was to either kill or force the sabres off that we could get out of the bubble. I'm honestly not sure if we had even 1-2 chances to warpout (i was aligned to safe, so fleet should catched that kinda good) or not.

I'm happy with your performance at all, i've actually no idea if you used the whisper channel or not, but i'm used to have the logi squad in the same comms channel and talking over the fc anyway.