[AAR] Rail Thoraxes

Ithugor Wells

[AAR] Rail Thoraxes

Post by Ithugor Wells »

Synopsis
Note: Composition did not change between the different fights.

I was overly aggressive for going for a Thera hole that was one jump closer but EOL and through lowsec (it seemed like a more interesting place to wander through). Unfortunately this means we did not get to go to nulsec. Fortunately, we did run into a Raven.

Initially, I had three Thoraxes try to keep the Raven tackled until we engaged, but it manged to escape while we had people warp off to not die to gate guns (logi was on the other side).

Ged gave a good suggestion on the subsequent attempt a gate over: I had the interceptors stick around on each side of the gate as our fleet (including logi) started to engage it one at a time. Eventually it saw the writing on the wall and decided to red box us, at which point we took it down with no casualties. I should have, however, told the fleet to switch to short range ammo while we were waiting to see what the raven did.

After the Raven, we moved on to our Thera entrance hole and discovered that it had collapsed :( Since the next closest hole was 14 jumps away, I decided to roam around lowsec a bit instead.

While in Renarelle, we came across two interceptors that pointed us and I decided to try to get a scout on the other side of the gate to see what was waiting for us.

Known Enemy Fleet Comp
Initially:
Stiletto
Stiletto

Next:
Curse

After that:
Sleipnir

At this point in time a Curse jumped through. I initially waited to fire on the curse (which was probably the wrong thing to do). I also tried to chase the Curse and have the fleet follow. Unfortunately, someone did not anchor up on me and chased the Curse outside the umbrella of the fleet.

I was also trying to kill the interceptors with drones but forgot they were mediums and not lights :|

When I decided to disengage (since we were clearly not going to kill anything), the out of position Thorax was destroyed, and we then jumped through and scattered so no one else did.

At this point in time, we decided to take a bio break at the freeport as we didn't want to engage this group.

After the break, we started to head home, and then to a gate camp I heard about. Sadly, that camp had a different group in the way that was known to drop caps and so I aborted that plan and just went home. Hopefully, next time I will choose a better Thera hole.

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Dogbird - Thorax
Edhin Delphiki - Thorax
Falling Snow KumaMoto
Ged Sinak
Ievos - Thorax
Ithugor Wells - Thorax
Jehoshaphat Ambraelle - Thorax
Johnny Deninard
Keuthein
Lyn Coate
Private Martin - Sabre
Valeria Rammstein
Vybez Kartel - Thorax
Waruiru - Thorax
William Lyon Mackenzie
Xyrin Bacard
Z0X Ambrye - Stiletto
Zech en Marland - Thorax
Kills and Losses

(02:27:21) Eha
Raven +269.87m

(02:57:58) Renarelle
Thorax -34.02m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 269,871,142.26
ISK Lost: 34,016,438.25
ISK Delta: 235,854,704.01
Efficiency: 88.806%

Overall evaluation
  • Eventually did the right thing to kill the Raven
    Mostly successfully disengaged from the group that we couldn't take.
    Maybe should have ordered to shoot the Curse earlier (so maybe we could kill it), but I was concerned about what was on the other side.
    Would have been better to use long range ammo against the Curse and just sit on the gate so we couldn't be put out of position
    Need anti-tackle on my fleets
Last edited by Ithugor Wells on 2019.08.25 18:14, edited 3 times in total.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Rail Thoraxes

Post by Budda Sereda »

Glad to see Z0x back to business!

But, why did you have a sabre in I assume a low sec roam?
Ithugor Wells

Post by Ithugor Wells »

The intent was to go to nulsec, but the Thera hole closed on us. So the recovery was to go on a lowsec roam (which was unfortunate for our Sabre pilot).
Waruiru

Post by Waruiru »

I found this to be my most educational Uni fleet so far. The FC and others really took time to tell us what was going on and gave solid answers to questions. The little explainer web links were very useful. Other fleets have been good, please do not mistake me, but I found this one to be excellent.