[AAR] Golden Horde Fleet

Amoni Panala

[AAR] Golden Horde Fleet

Post by Amoni Panala »

Our fancy AAR generator is still down so this is manually created and I may miss a few people. Please feel free to comment if I missed you.

Fleet Members
Spoiler
Amoni Panala
B'aldrick Aivoras
Ch4rl13 D4M3 B3rry
Esca Sinak
Fancy Aviator
Iam Nota Bot
Ky Hanomaa
Maddice Russier
Marn Vermuldir
Mike Kingswell
Shieva Ann
Tatami
Rikali Laru
Yto Itinen
Zokr McLan
We got into Placid/Black Rise area and found very little in the way of content. Our scout called that a Slicer was in the plex, I said to go for it, but unfortunately our ships were just too slow and the Slicer kept kiting us out. I warped the fleet out, but our scout had already gone down and then I heard over comms that one of our vanguard was pointed. I warped the fleet back hoping that the Slicer would get snagged due to it committing to trying to taking down the Punisher. As soon as we landed, the Slicer kited us out and I made the call to move on especially since the Slicer was not alone anymore (Garmurs and some other pirate/faction ships).

Kills and losses
Slasher - 5,289,541.97 ISK
Punisher - 14,725,544.14 ISK

We made our way onward in the general direction of Tama. Somewhere along the way someone from RVB reached out for an arranged fight. I took them up on it because I figured there was a good chance we might get a few kills and that would be more satisfying than simply getting ourselves blown up in Tama. We came to terms with the RVB pilot who reached out via local. What happened next was good clean fun. We had to avoid a Caracal gang (because they're basically a T1 counter to our frigate fleet and I wasn't going to die like that). There was a Brutix in a large complex, it was our RVB friend looking for a fight. We warped in and locked up the Brutix. I called for someone to defang. One thing I should have done here was I had asked for a volunteer which meant I had to watch fleet and listen in comms. I should have just assigned someone in order to keep things moving and not have to manage more than I did. That's what I did in the last fleet with WHC and it worked well. The end result was the same, but I think the extra 20-30 seconds of "who will kill the drones?" and waiting for a response meant that the target's drones were whittling away on our ships. We took the Brutix down and it was good fun. I don't know if RVB monitors our forums, but a big o7 to you folks. Hope to fly and fight with you again sometime.

Kills and losses
Slasher - 1,676,360.21 ISK
Vigil Fleet Issue - 25,729,179.83 ISK
Punisher - 13,923,138.28 ISK
Brutix - 86,764,657.16 ISK

We headed back towards Tama but got engaged by Rupture followed by a small gang of pirate ships and cruisers. We were outgunned, but this was a fight I was willing to take. The Rupture popped with a fairly inadequate rep and it was onto the Cynabal. I got taken down but stayed on grid in my pod to continue calling targets. Because they engaged us on the gate, I knew we were going to come out of it better than them. It was a stupid move on their part, but I'm glad they were foolish enough to try it. I wasn't very clear on who the gate guns were targeting so I ended up calling a target that wasn't taking gate guns after the Rupture blew, but I'm still happy with the result.

Kills and losses
Punisher - 11,332,710.15 ISK
Rupture - 42,396,064.83 ISK
Vigil Fleet Issue - 23,262,511.69 ISK
Cynabal - 214,131,250.68 ISK
Punisher - 7,143,651.79 ISK
Punisher - 6,796,286.99 ISK

We headed home feeling like we had accomplished what we set out to do, which was pew pew.

ISK Destroyed: 343,291,972.67
ISK Lost: 89,863,838.94
Balance (aka ISK Delta): 253,428,133.73
ISK Efficiency: 73.82%

Positives
+ Took engagements even if they weren't "safe" bets.
+ Defanging works
+ Great communication with the fleet allowed for effective situational awareness, especially once the Rupture made the foolish move to engage us.
Negatives
- Breaks went on a little long and cooled enthusiasm for the fight. We were lucky we got engaged or else we might have ended on a sour note.
- I should have assigned someone to defang rather than asking for a volunteer. It may have reduced our losses against the Brutix
- I got anxious that we weren't going to have enough people at the beginning, but I really need to have more faith in our community.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Re: [AAR] Golden Horde Fleet

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Really enjoyed the fleet.

Punishers are tanky but slow so my loss was all my fault as you had already called to disengage. I was trying to get into scram range and then gave up. As I aligned out, the slicer came into point range and the loss was inevitable I feel. I tried closing to get scram and slingshoting but punishers aren't that agile.

When we were being chased by the retribution gang, we had a couple of options to escape that you considered. Sliding into a novice or just warp-jump-warp really quickly. They had a stiletto tracking us that might have got separated from the main fleet but retributions base warp speed is 5.5 AU/s compared to 5.0 for the punisher so they would have caught up quickly. You made a good call just to hot foot home.

Would definitely fly again o7
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Shooting a solo Brutix you don't need to defang him, just kill.
And if you had logies (did you?) You should have aimed to not lose ships, especially VFI.

Otherwise, GF!
Amoni Panala

Post by Amoni Panala »

Budda Sereda wrote:Shooting a solo Brutix you don't need to defang him, just kill.
Defanging was necessary because we didn't have logi.
Budda Sereda wrote:And if you had logies (did you?) You should have aimed to not lose ships, especially VFI.
We didn't reach critical numbers that would allow for logi until after we had set out. I don't know if this happens in other corps and alliances, but in EUni we have a lot people that don't show up on time for form-up and then request to join after we've already left the form-up station. I know that as FC I have a right to say "no" to these folks, but I also feel like when the stakes are low such as they are with T1 frigates I don't care too much if they join late as long as they're flying doctrine.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image