[AAR] 2019-08-12 // Monday NoP

Ky Hanomaa

[AAR] 2019-08-12 // Monday NoP

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

So...uhm...the AAR Tool isn't working for me atm. Guess I'll have to improvise yet again. (Kills, Losses and ISK-Delta will follow as soon as I can get this tool to work)

Intended to leave Amy 101 with the Travel Fleet - unfortunately Mumble decided to go on strike about 5 minutes before undock. Quickly tried to assess the situation, realized both main and public channel were down. I decided to set up a discord channel for the fleet, adequately named it "Ky's temporary Solution" and had everyone join, praying no-one would be having issues with discord not detecting their audio devices like some of my friends in the past. They only issue we had was one of our members new to discord not knowing that he had to join the voice chat on top of joining the channel.

I later received word that Bates was fixing the problem, which he did. We hopped back onto mumble and had Bates join us for some Pew.

There weren't really many memorable moments for the first half of the fleet. Just the usual found a *insert random T1/Faction Frigate/Destroyer name here* in a Plex stuff, warped there and killed it. We only had one moment when a Slicer tried to bait some of the fleet into chasing him outside one of the Plexes. Mere seconds after I ordered to slide the gate and ignore it, someone managed to get a scram on it. We lost at least one scout in the process, but we managed to take down the Slicer outside as well as the Merlin inside the Plex.

Another memorable moment was when we came across a flashy Leshak on a gate. I decided to just go for it and see what happens, prepared to call scatter as soon as things would get out of hand. A non-flashy Nightmare landed about 15-30 seconds after we engaged the Leshak, so I was mentally preparing to switch our focus onto the Nightmare, as soon as it engaged one of us, as I was sure none of us was flashy. My plan was to take down the Nightmare with the help of gateguns. Turns out our Logi went flashy, which I didn't anticipate and still don't really know how that happened, although someone pointed out that this was tied to more or less recent changes to Logi. We lost at least one Logi there and I called scatter.

Meanwhile, our LSC neighbors from UNF reacted to my message and offered to fight another us in another Deimos with minor structure support. I told them we'd fight as long as they don't use structure guided bombs, which they accepted.

I ordered the fleet to orbit the Deimos at 500 with MWDs off and had everyone focus the drones first as usual. The structure was neuting some of us if I remember correctly. When the Deimos got close to hull I ordered the fleet to overheat to force it into activating the ADCU and quickly ordered to stop overheating as soon as it did. We lost at least one Bates flying Logi during the fight and had him come back in a Merlin. We still couldn't break it, even though we went to our absolute maximum in terms of heat. The fight turned into 20 minutes of us not being able to break the Deimos and the Deimos not being able to hit us. Eventually, Lauralite who was piloting the Deimos had to leave due to real life taking priority and we called it a draw, ending the fleet more or less there. Bates then offered we could kill him at the sun, so we pounced at the chance to do so.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/78386680/

Soo...

Positive Stuff:
- Had Bates join my fleet
- Got Bates killed on my fleet
- Killed Bates on my fleet

Negative Stuff:
- Got the fleet split, with half the fleet inside and the other one outside the Plex, resulting in chaos.
- Got confused about suspect timer mechanics in regards to recent Logi changes resulting in feeding at least one ship to the Nightmare and Leshak.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Ky Hanomaa

Re: [AAR] 2019-08-12 // Monday NoP

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Roam members (25)
Spoiler
Aggie2019 - Merlin
Analee Tsasa - Burst, Incursus
B'aldrick Aivoras - Merlin
Bates Larsson - Burst, Merlin
Ch4rl13 D4M3 B3rry