AAR: Gergoran's First Cruiser Fleet

Gergoran Moussou

AAR: Gergoran's First Cruiser Fleet

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Alright. So I decided that I was ready for my first cruiser fleet.

I had asked the UNF to show up at the beginning so that we could face off in a friendly fight with the neighbors like in my last fleet. Unfortunately, my usual contact told me in their Discord server that real-life stuff had come up last-minute, so we set out with Glen Burney scouting in a route through a few high-traffic systems around the area.

First thing that Glen found was a Raven Navy Issue. It seemed like a good target and I gave the order to follow, but that pilot docked in a station before he could tackle. Returning to the original route, we found a flashy Myrmidon and took him down. After that, we ended up going around. We didn't see much action until Nennamaila, where a gang of faction and T2 kitey ships (later on, accombanied by a bait Deimos) took out a couple of our ships. I ordered everyone to hold in the station for a bit (initially intending to try engaging under cover of the station guns). When Glen, the last person to dock, reported that the station was clear, I decided to take the fleet home rather than continue on, trying to see if we could hit some high-traffic systems on the way home while using aggression timers to keep them from jumping gates with us. They followed us for a bit, took out one of our logi pilots, but a couple of jumps later, we managed to outrun them. One of the UNF people was interested in engaging when we got to Eugales wanting to see how many he could get before he went down. Most of the remainder had to call it a night while we were waiting for him to get ready because a lot of the fleet was EUTZ and this was either shortly before or some time after midnight for them (and Glen had a fleet to do with Spectre). But with both logi pilots reshipping into DD cruisers for this (Rogue picked up a Moa because one was already on-hand in the COE Fortizar's hangar), we were able to take the Talos down with no losses. I told everyone that instead of the previous engagement standing orders in the MOTD (keep at range 1,000 when not primaried, overheat AB and orbit if primaried, manual piloting toward primary at the discretion of the pilot), we would be spiraling in (no longer up to the pilot, now specifically ordered) and orbiting constantly due to the fact that getting hit by that thing's guns gives you a very bad day. We took no losses in this fight.

Roam members (10)
Spoiler
Aggie2019 - Thorax
Dexyr Sulvara - Thorax
Farthinder - Exequror, Thorax
Gergoran Moussou - Thorax
Glen Burney - Stiletto
Gramad Aideron - Thorax
Leon Zhost - Thorax
Rogue Ozran - Moa
Susan MacDuff - Thorax
Sydanten Taksikuski - Thorax
Kills and Losses

(22:45:50) Eha
Myrmidon +86.81m

(22:58:29) Nennamaila
Thorax -40.28m
Capsule -0.01m
Thorax -25.05m
Thorax -24.37m

(23:15:16) Vlillirier
Exequror -25.13m

(23:33:32) Eugales
Talos +123.96m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 210,774,067.31
ISK Lost: 114,839,804.38
ISK Delta: 95,934,262.93
Efficiency: 64.731%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    ISK positive if you count the Talos.

(Negative stuff)
    Maybe I should have picked a doctrine with better range than this. Caracals would be harder to kite for example. Blasters aren't the best for engaging the people who came to face us.
9th CCI medalist

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Re: AAR: Gergoran's First Cruiser Fleet

Post by Glen Burney »

Thanks for the sweet fleet!

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Dexyr Sulvara

Re: AAR: Gergoran's First Cruiser Fleet

Post by Dexyr Sulvara »

Great fleet Gergoran, was nice to get out in that doctrine!
The confusion on the gate in Nenn was to be expected I think, it's always a tough situation when the fleet is being pursued, especially when we are in slower (compared to Frigates) cruisers. Only suggestion I'd have is be sure to keep track of weapon timers, in Nenn you called us to engage a target followed a few seconds later by jump, if I remember correctly this is where we had a few losses.

Other than that top job! Looking forward tro the next one.