To Dead Venture . . . And Beyond!

Post by Tori Moliko »

Roam members (4)
Spoiler
Savannah Tokila - Nemesis
Tolerin Escipion - Manticore
Tori Moliko - Astero
Willuw Everquest - Stratios
We spotted this fellow scanning around Innuendo in his venture, which was first named "Don't mind me" and later named "Scanner Probe." He had recently lost a gas venture, so we presumed that's what he was looking for. We had a token in Innuendo, but it had previously been activated. Savannah jumped into an Instafessor and possibly spooked the guy; he went back to Eggs. I went out and killed an NPC as one does.

Then he came back?

Tolerin reported no activity in our Z chain. I hopped into Bacon and saw his probes. I saw him land on an exit hole and bounce, and then saw him on D at Bacon's only gas site. I bookmarked the cloud he was huffing and all warped in.

The fun part: He was in a venture to begin with and we figured he might have warp stabilizers and fast-align modules as well. So Savannah refit a stealth bomber with two scrams so we could get the venture scrammed without a targeting delay. We manually piloted to intersect the venture's huffing orbit, decloaked when he was within scram range, and locked him down and blew him up.

It was a little surprising that we caught his pod; he managed to warp off to *Bacon from the gas site but we were able to catch him there before he jumped through, even though I had wisely failed to pick up my drones before chasing him. Two close-range torpedoes, one capsule, boom.

Kills and Losses

(13:56:43) J112905
Venture +15.54m
Capsule +0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 15,546,552.5
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 15,546,552.5
Efficiency: 100%
Image Image Image Image Image