[AAR] Moar bombs, moar bubbles (w/screencaps)

Amoni Panala

[AAR] Moar bombs, moar bubbles (w/screencaps)

Post by Amoni Panala »

"Maybe there never was a Devoter. Maybe the Devoter was the friends we made along the way." - Sone Eto

In what will probably only reaffirm what some suspected was the case, that wormhole people are as strange as the space they live in; USTZ aka the Night Shift WHC was out in a couple cloakies and got dropped on by Leshaks and other unpleasants that were flying significantly oversized ships to match our comp. I was coming home from my first Spectre fleet when it was announced over comms that the enemy fleet was rolling the hole. They crit the hole and then sent a Heavy Interdiction Cruiser to finish the job. Given that WHC is a bloodthirsty bunch, we wanted to kill that thing, but it was a couple bombers low on bombs against one very tanky boi. More people start assembling, but there was a new problem... The Devoter cloaked up. I hopped into a Comet and asked everyone to assign their drones to me as I made orbiting sweeps with the drones in hopes of decloaking the thing. We dropped containers at random intervals, still this thing wouldn't show itself. Marcus wanted to bomb the area until it destroyed the HIC, but that would take forever and destroy all of our drones in the process.

Here's where late night shenanigans meet WHC's spectacular penchant for cheese and YOLO. After several minutes of orbiting, manual piloting, orbiting, and repeatedly not being able to decloak this Devoter; we decided to bubble the hole. What follows was less about actually catching this HIC and more about having fun... If you're anti-fun, I suggest you stop reading as you will probably not survive the remainder of this tale.

Roam members (20)
Spoiler
Amoni Panala - Federation Navy Comet
Ana'ander Lamora
Bessie Busybody - Venture
Eir Geiravor
Ithugor Wells
Lucius Septimus Severus
Marcus Arilia - Tayra
Petite Salade
Pink Kondur
Sone Eto
Tarkin Karn
Vincemt' Night - Manticore
Willuw Everquest - Hound
Do you know what's better than a bubbled hole? Multiple bubbles on a hole!

Large HD screencap below
Spoiler
No, I don't think you understand... We need more bubbles.

Large HD screencap below
Spoiler
The nice thing about bubbles is that they look so darn pretty in Jspace. The thing is, we just didn't have enough bubbles. I was running hot with a fever and the only prescription was more bubbles.

Large HD screencap below
Spoiler
Spoiler
And of course, what excursion into an enemy's territory is complete without a selfie?

Large HD screencap below
Spoiler
At some point, Bessie jumped through the crit hole in a venture to get gas. There was no gas, so the venture reappeared about five minutes later. Just before we left, an Onyx from the unpleasants' corp showed up. I webbed, scrammed, and neuted it but the Onyx is also a very tanky boi. The Onyx pilot said some not so nice things in local and then jumped through.

Kills and Losses

(04:10:14) J162251, J133119
Hound -127.29m
Manticore -61.07m
Capsule -151.02m
Capsule -0.01m

(05:48:56) J133119
Mobile Medium Warp Disruptor I -2.4m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 341,798,142.63
ISK Delta: -341,798,142.63
Efficiency: 0%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Laughed until I cried and then laughed some more
    - Bubbles are very pretty
    - Learned a lot about the limitations of both interdiction probes and mobile warp disruption units
    (Negative stuff)
    - The Devoter was piloted by a bot and would probably fly to nowhere until downtime.
    - The Onyx got away.
    - There was no gas for Bessie to ninja-huff in the unpleasants' system.
Edit: fixed the image issue where it was just linking to the image rather than embedding it.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Sone Eto
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Moar bombs, moar bubbles (w/screencaps)

Post by Sone Eto »