Maddice Russier - Slasher
Mike Kingswell - Merlin
Rouqaren Volant - Merlin
StoopKid Hakaari - Merlin
Sydanten Taksikuski - Merlin
Urban Oxide - Burst, Ibis
Zako Maken - Merlin
Kills and Losses

During our Travel Fleet from Amygnon to Archavoinet we already encountered our first baiting ceptor, a flashy Malediction sitting on a gate. We engaged it and actually almost got if we could haved applied scrams for just 1 more cycle. Unfortunately it managed to coast out of scram range and warp off - it followed us for the rest of the route to our Form-Up Location though.

That was bait-ceptor #1

At one of our first gates into the roam we had a Badger land on us and act afk. At first I gave the order to ignore it, due to not wanting any attention by gate guns, but he just sat there doing nothing. I quickly changed my mind and told everyone to lock up the Badger and align to a close celestial, as I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to practice bouncing and playing around gate gun mechanics - that's when a Stratios flashed up on my Overview for a split-second. That was a big "nope" sign for me and I ordered the fleet to re-approach gate and ignore the Badger. We sat there for another 30 seconds during which the the Badger started slowboating around the gate trying to look juicy - that just confirmed my suspicions.

Our scouts found us a Tristan and an Atron in a Novice in Oicx. They called tackle and we spiked system. When we landed, I called to spread tackle across the two of them and especially get a scram on the Tristan. The Atron died rather quickly so we focused our attention on the Tristan. Jams and Logi kept our scouts alive. The Tristan's drones were set to passive, as they just sat there once the scout they were attacking bounced. We managed to apply scram and the "EWAR only" command was actually being followed for the most part. A handful of members ended up interpreting my "Alright..." in comms as a go-ahead to blap him. Most of us were on the KM though. Some of us quickly docked up to repair and we moved on.

(18:57:04) Oicx
Atron +2.6m
Tristan +4.73m

Meanwhile, our scouts tackled a Malediction outside another Plex. I was already skeptical at this point, as Ceptors don't tend to get "caught" but I figured we're just 5 Jumps out from each of our reship-points, so why not go for it. We landed just as our scouts lost tackle on it and seconds after a destroyer fleet landed. That was the moment where I made a critical mistake in warping the fleet to a safe instead of calling scatter. 3 ships got caught, due to slow align times and more importantly due to bouncing off the acceleration gate, by the fast-locking Thrashers. Urban took this chance to leave for dinner, leaving us with 2 logi.

That was bait-ceptor #2

(19:04:03) Oicx
Burst -3.4m
Merlin -7.83m
Burst -6.11m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Scouts reported a flashy Slicer landing with them at distance on the celestial they were at. I ordered them to try and get tackle, but advised them to not directly approach but try to spiral in on it to decrease the incoming damage. We lost Ievos and the Slicer warped off the second we landed.

Somewhere around here we encountered a flashy Stiletto on a gate. When he landed and seemed afk I ordered the fleet to just tackle and shoot him. He jumped and I warped the fleet to safe, fearing it might want to bait us into sitting on the gate with a weapons timer. My suspicions were confirmed after just a few seconds when system spiked with flashies. I ordered the scout to get to a safe and wait for these guys to pass by. I also detected combat scanner probes and ordered the fleet to anchor up on me for a rolling safe.

That was bait-ceptor #3

(19:09:48) Eha
Condor -7.32m

Scouts managed to tackle a Hookbill. We spiked system, warped to the PLEX and applied our EWAR. The hookill spilled some ECM-Salt in local and we blapped him.

After sending our scouts to +1 into Pavanakka, we got company by another flashy Stiletto on the gate. This time I ordered the fleet to ignore it. We noticed a spike in local and a Fleet of flashy Cynnabals and Osprey Navy Issues decloaked on the Kinakka gate 9000km off of us. I immediately gave the order to jump and scatter on the other side. The Cynnabals managed to warp to us and jump at almost the same time as we did - however no-one got caught. We regrouped at a safe and I quickly decided it was time for a 10 Minute Bio. We docked up at the NPC-Station in system and waited out the 10 Minutes of suspect timer we had left.

And that was bait-ceptor #4

(19:27:28) Innia
Caldari Navy Hookbill +14.54m

We quickly passed through Pavanakka and Aivonen without finding content. The second we jumped from Aivonen to Akidagi 2 members of my fleet alerted me about a new Plex that opened while we were jumping. Turns out a Drake decided to sit in a Large, I believe, and wanted to fight us. After confirming the intel by sending back a scout I had the fleet jump back into Aivonen and the scouts tackle the Drake. He had a flight of Acolyte IIs out when we landed, so I opted for defanging him and ordered our Griffin to focus his spare Jams on the Drones while we take them out. I also strictly ordered to turn off all MWDs as soon as the Merlins were on target to minimize the incoming damage from the Drake's Heavy Missiles. We managed to take him down without any losses and got his capsule as well after exchanging "GF"s in local.

(19:57:29) Aivonen
Drake +75.89m
Capsule +0.01m

Our scouts found us a condor in a Novice in Nennamaila. As per usual we spiked system as soon as scouts called tackle, moved in, Jam this, Logi that, Antimatter to face, "REEEE"s - uh, I mean "GF"s in local. Nice. The capsule didn't warp off immediately, so we tackled it and got a bunch of our dudes on the KM. Turns out it was blingy. Whut. ISK-Positive. YEET

I called for anyone who needed reps to dock up and the rest to stay there for now, as a Novice is rather safe. 2 of our guys didn't know where to go after repping and decided to warp back to the Novice, where a small fleet of Gnosises...Gnosi...Gnoses? Well...a bunch of those along with Assault Frigates and Scalpels waited outside.

(Please speak up if you don't know where you're supposed to go)

(20:11:11) Nennamaila
Condor +15.44m
Capsule +193.82m
Merlin -6.7m
Merlin -8.88m

I received word that Lauralite from UNF was looking for a fight in her Deimos in Eugales, so I had the fleet clear their waypoints and set destination to Eugales.

On the way back, our scouts found a Firetail in a Plex in Vlillirier. We picked it up along the way and moved on.

(20:22:14) Vlillirier
Republic Fleet Firetail +31.25m

Along the way I was in a convo with Lauralite about the terms of our fight. She asked about our numbers, to which I replied we were 19 in fleet (by then) and that 1 of us was flying a Griffin. She was ok with that, saying it'll die anyways. I offered her another chance to fight us without the Griffin, where he'd just jam once to get on the KM and then stay away from the fight. She said he can stay. When we finally reached Eugales, I asked her 1 final time, whether she really wanted to fight us with the Griffin on field. She replied with "Do it".

We engaged, with Mike having caught up to us and Auric watching us in his Phantasm. We quickly broke through the Deimos' shields and went on to break it's armor. I suppose 1 Jam-cycle didn't land, so we lost 1 Merlin to its blasters. Suddenly reps started catching and our damage decreased. She activated her ADCU. Throughout the entire fight, I was wondering where its drones were, as I was planning to have the Griffin use his spare Jams on them and have the fleet defang the Deimos while his ADCU was active. Once cycle was over, we broke through the tank and took it down. Turns out she forgot about her drones, she also took her drugs last second and, most importantly, she didn't anticipate the Griffin landing at range and just assumed it would land with the rest of the fleet.

While chatting about the fight, we had a rogue campus manager attack one of our fleet members in an Ibis. When I received confirmation by my comrade, Mike Kingswell, that the insurgent has been identified as Urban Oxide, LSC Campus Manager, I granted him permission to open fire.

This really shouldn't count as a loss.

(20:34:15) Eugales
Merlin -6.91m
Deimos +322.89m
Ibis -0.03m

Stats

ISK Destroyed: 661,165,640.32
ISK Lost: 47,204,400.3
ISK Delta: 613,961,240.02
Efficiency: 93.336%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)

- Great atmosphere
    - Scouts did an excellent job
    - ISK-Positive (duh!)
    - People followed commands without discussion
    - We killed Urban

(Negative stuff)

- I need to work on my decision-making, the 3 losses to the destroyer-gang could have been avoided by opting for a scatter instead of a fleet warp
    - I kept warping the fleet at 0 on acceleration-gates, which resulted in a part of the fleet bouncing off the gate at times
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Edhin Delphiki

Re: [AAR] 2019-08-04 // Sunday Funday with Ky

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

Ky,
Thank you for the fleet! It was enjoyable and productive.

My apologies to you and to those who missed that kill mail as one of the pilots who misinterpreted "Alright...".

The fleet recovered well from the opposing fleet that dropped on us. It is always great to see the resilience of our members. The desire to reship and get back into the fight is a testament to the fleet's confidence in you.

I hope my personal schedule will align up to your next event!

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Auric Fulcrum
Title: LSC Assistant Manager, Lieutenant, Graduate, Teacher, OO

Post by Auric Fulcrum »

✔ (Positive stuff)
- We killed Urban
Everything is as it should be
Maddice Russier

Post by Maddice Russier »

Ky Hanomaa wrote: Gnosises...Gnosi...Gnoses?
Yeah after calling them out Ive been wondering what the plural of Gnosis is as well....

Anyways it was a great fleet! This was my first time out scouting and I had a good time. Shout out to Ievos for giving me the readers digest rundown on scouting during the form up. Going in for the tackles was also great experience for future solo kiting adventures, since it allowed me to practice pulling range and warp disrupting targets before they could web/scram me.
Celine en Chasteaux

Post by Celine en Chasteaux »

Thanks, this was a good read.

As a total newbie though, can someone explain what this is all about?
While chatting about the fight, we had a rogue campus manager attack one of our fleet members in an Ibis. When I received confirmation by my comrade, Mike Kingswell, that the insurgent has been identified as Urban Oxide, LSC Campus Manager, I granted him permission to open fire.
Tiramisu Enjoyer
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Celine en Chasteaux wrote:Thanks, this was a good read.

As a total newbie though, can someone explain what this is all about?
The fleet was pretty much over and the Manager of the LowSec-Campus, Urban Oxide, hopped into an Ibis and started shooting at Mike Kingswell with it. When Mike told me and asked whether he's allowed to shoot back, I laughed and gave him permission.

It's all friendly banter, I just thought I'll add a little bit of drama. Everyone who's been in comms with these 2 guys knows they like to tease each other.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Celine en Chasteaux

Post by Celine en Chasteaux »

Ky Hanomaa wrote: The fleet was pretty much over and the Manager of the LowSec-Campus, Urban Oxide, hopped into an Ibis and started shooting at Mike Kingswell with it. When Mike told me and asked whether he's allowed to shoot back, I laughed and gave him permission.

It's all friendly banter, I just thought I'll add a little bit of drama. Everyone who's been in comms with these 2 guys knows they like to tease each other.
Cheers Ky - thought that was it! Glad to see he got his comeuppance. :D
Tiramisu Enjoyer
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Celine en Chasteaux wrote: Glad to see he got his comeuppance. :D
And well deserved it was!

Can't comment on the fleet since I only came in and stole that Laura-kill. But we got Urban.
All is well that ends well...
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Falling Snow KumaMoto

Post by Falling Snow KumaMoto »

My favorite part is when Asuka jammed the Ibis, with the correct flavor ECM no less. Too funny! Euni knows how to make a game fun.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
Laethe Fooswa

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

this is good
He had a flight of Acolyte IIs out when we landed, so I opted for defanging him and ordered our Griffin to focus his spare Jams on the Drones while we take them out. I also strictly ordered to turn off all MWDs as soon as the Merlins were on target to minimize the incoming damage from the Drake's Heavy Missiles.
this is better
Throughout the entire fight, I was wondering where its drones were, as I was planning to have the Griffin use his spare Jams on them and have the fleet defang the Deimos while his ADCU was active.
you're getting good sir :wink:
Ievos

Post by Ievos »

It was a good fleet, and I was happy to have participated!

I would love to have seen the pilot's face when they realized what they lost with that pod.

-Ievos
"Eye-E-vose"