[WHC] "Lets smash a gatecamp" - Sav, after dying (WHC LS)

Savannah Tokila
Title: Mentor, Graduate

[WHC] "Lets smash a gatecamp" - Sav, after dying (WHC LS)

Post by Savannah Tokila »

Roam members (20)
Spoiler
Affra
Amoni Panala - Scythe
Ana'ander Lamora - Stabber
Bob Maths
Che Galtor - Ferox
Dallidiem Igraine
DonBasuno Ichosira - Oracle
Drak N'Gol - Talos
Eir Geiravor
Flack Keikira - Talos
Kashug Sotken
Kranamor Andedare - Ferox
Marcus Arilia - Talos
Oh' Leeador - Hurricane
Pink Kondur - Ferox
Rainton Rainz - Bellicose
Salvy Rainz
Savannah Tokila - Amarr Shuttle, Oracle
Sone Eto - Talos
Willuw Everquest - Hurricane
Kills and Losses

After we managed to get a megathron rolling eggs, i was rolled in and lost my proteus and (empty) pod so i was making my way back from my medical clone, and decided to go via the lowsec, where we earlier killed a gnosis gatecamping.
When i jumped in the system where we killed the gnosis before, i noticed a lot of yellow on my overview, and among them, the pilot from earlier! Cynabals, Brutix', Loki, the good stuff, so i was like, nice, and "asked" in comms: "Lets smash a gatecamp". Then i promplty clicked jump, and until i realised what i did, reapproaching the gate with a shuttle, i was already locked and pointed. so i lost a poor shuttle :c so remember kids: if your route has ended, dont just click on the selected item buttons anymore, but move back to right click menu!

(20:22:08) Miroitem
Amarr Shuttle -0.02m

So i called for Light Shield and we formed, a ping went out, and people came. After a longer formup than i anticipated, we undocked and staged on .2b1l, which is Miroitem, during formup i was asked if i wanted cloaky eyes, which i initially wanted, but later changed my mind and denied, part of me wanted to go in more or less blind, and part of me wanted more LS ships, although i shouldve went for more anti tackle as it later turned out.
So in summary:

Funnily enough, said gnosis person, started texting me during the formup, and we were chatting away, right until we jumped in and we landed on grid, with the same gate, Rancer, as the gatecamp was earlier.

As we landed, the overview went up in bright yellow bars, but there were no cruisers and upwards on the gate, instead destroyers and below! but some were also flashing, so i just called the kikimora, which was flashy primary, which died promtly, just when it died, their magus mjd into our direction with the fleet, and we had to change positioning, they landed right on our logi, so -1 logi, while we were trying to switch targets i noticed we were getting split dps, i was constantly broadcasting, but i never said i was broadcasting, which i think mightve caused some of the split dps.

The beginning of the fight went well, but eventually we lost critical mass around the time we killed the hecate and we just couldnt break the sigtanking ships with the logi on grid, which is when i finally tried shooting the deacons for the first time, which proved my point that we just couldnt break the logi, at this point i shouldve tried to extract really, and onwards i basically welped, although i did eventually call scatter, although too late, as we then had some of us getting pointed.

but a real good fight, called gfs in local and went back home

(20:44:23) Miroitem
Kikimora +493.87m
Scythe -13.19m
Stabber -36.27m
Ferox -71m
Kikimora +300.99m
Ferox -70.8m
Bellicose -36.16m
Talos -112.06m
Hecate +69.1m
Talos -116.5m
Talos -127.13m
Hurricane -80.01m
Oracle -79.15m
Ferox -67.39m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 863,954,534.12
ISK Lost: 809,674,389.76
ISK Delta: 54,280,144.36
Efficiency: 51.622%

Overall evaluation

I expected to be fighting a cruiser and up gang, not some "elite wh pvpers", according to the x13 player i was conversing with, with small, hard to track ships. i think our LS wouldve wrecked the x13 comp tho.

The people we did fight, made good use of MJDs tho, which definitely punished some of us with their positioning. they did get a good mjd off on our logi right at the beginning of the fight as well. And near the beginning we also lost our stabber, our only web, which i shouldve paid more attention to, because that was kind of huge, as we only had one, again, because i was not expecting many frigates. But hey, i did get the two kikis, which apparently was half their dps, which mightve kept us in the game for longer than otherwise, and made this roughly isk even, surprisingly, i would say!

FCing LS is definitely something i need to work on a lot, keeping the positioning of the fleet cohesive is i think my biggest weakness in LS, as well as trying to stay too long without regrouping and or calling it. But damn if it isnt a fun challenge! LS, and SS are my favourite Doctrines to fly. so theres that.

I am glad that i made clear before undocking, that people should insure their ships, as i was sort of expecting that people would die, just not at this scale.

Something that confused me a bit, was the amount of yellow in the overview, mostly because half of them were just eating popcorn, and was actually the people who we originally wanted to break up. Image

Battle Report everything
Kashug Sotken

Re: [WHC] "Lets smash a gatecamp" - Sav, after dying (WHC LS)

Post by Kashug Sotken »

Was great fun - and I always appriciate people that give me content! Keep on going! 10/10 would do this again!
And I think many of us are not that familiar with the LS-doctrine yet, but with more practive we will win fights like this :)

To bad we lost 1 logi so early, as solo-logi their dps was much more than I was able to rep even with all three modules overheated.
Willuw Everquest

Post by Willuw Everquest »

Savannah Tokila wrote:Roam members (20)
Spoiler
Affra
Amoni Panala - Scythe
Ana'ander Lamora - Stabber
Bob Maths
Che Galtor - Ferox
Dallidiem Igraine
DonBasuno Ichosira - Oracle
Drak N'Gol - Talos
Eir Geiravor
Flack Keikira - Talos
Kashug Sotken
Kranamor Andedare - Ferox
Marcus Arilia - Talos
Oh' Leeador - Hurricane
Pink Kondur - Ferox
Rainton Rainz - Bellicose
Salvy Rainz
Savannah Tokila - Amarr Shuttle, Oracle
Sone Eto - Talos
Willuw Everquest - Hurricane
Kills and Losses

After we managed to get a megathron rolling eggs, i was rolled in and lost my proteus and (empty) pod so i was making my way back from my medical clone, and decided to go via the lowsec, where we earlier killed a gnosis gatecamping.
When i jumped in the system where we killed the gnosis before, i noticed a lot of yellow on my overview, and among them, the pilot from earlier! Cynabals, Brutix', Loki, the good stuff, so i was like, nice, and "asked" in comms: "Lets smash a gatecamp". Then i promplty clicked jump, and until i realised what i did, reapproaching the gate with a shuttle, i was already locked and pointed. so i lost a poor shuttle :c so remember kids: if your route has ended, dont just click on the selected item buttons anymore, but move back to right click menu!

(20:22:08) Miroitem
Amarr Shuttle -0.02m

So i called for Light Shield and we formed, a ping went out, and people came. After a longer formup than i anticipated, we undocked and staged on .2b1l, which is Miroitem, during formup i was asked if i wanted cloaky eyes, which i initially wanted, but later changed my mind and denied, part of me wanted to go in more or less blind, and part of me wanted more LS ships, although i shouldve went for more anti tackle as it later turned out.
So in summary:

Funnily enough, said gnosis person, started texting me during the formup, and we were chatting away, right until we jumped in and we landed on grid, with the same gate, Rancer, as the gatecamp was earlier.

As we landed, the overview went up in bright yellow bars, but there were no cruisers and upwards on the gate, instead destroyers and below! but some were also flashing, so i just called the kikimora, which was flashy primary, which died promtly, just when it died, their magus mjd into our direction with the fleet, and we had to change positioning, they landed right on our logi, so -1 logi, while we were trying to switch targets i noticed we were getting split dps, i was constantly broadcasting, but i never said i was broadcasting, which i think mightve caused some of the split dps.

The beginning of the fight went well, but eventually we lost critical mass around the time we killed the hecate and we just couldnt break the sigtanking ships with the logi on grid, which is when i finally tried shooting the deacons for the first time, which proved my point that we just couldnt break the logi, at this point i shouldve tried to extract really, and onwards i basically welped, although i did eventually call scatter, although too late, as we then had some of us getting pointed.

but a real good fight, called gfs in local and went back home

(20:44:23) Miroitem
Kikimora +493.87m
Scythe -13.19m
Stabber -36.27m
Ferox -71m
Kikimora +300.99m
Ferox -70.8m
Bellicose -36.16m
Talos -112.06m
Hecate +69.1m
Talos -116.5m
Talos -127.13m
Hurricane -80.01m
Oracle -79.15m
Ferox -67.39m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 863,954,534.12
ISK Lost: 809,674,389.76
ISK Delta: 54,280,144.36
Efficiency: 51.622%

Overall evaluation

I expected to be fighting a cruiser and up gang, not some "elite wh pvpers", according to the x13 player i was conversing with, with small, hard to track ships. i think our LS wouldve wrecked the x13 comp tho.

The people we did fight, made good use of MJDs tho, which definitely punished some of us with their positioning. they did get a good mjd off on our logi right at the beginning of the fight as well. And near the beginning we also lost our stabber, our only web, which i shouldve paid more attention to, because that was kind of huge, as we only had one, again, because i was not expecting many frigates. But hey, i did get the two kikis, which apparently was half their dps, which mightve kept us in the game for longer than otherwise, and made this roughly isk even, surprisingly, i would say!

FCing LS is definitely something i need to work on a lot, keeping the positioning of the fleet cohesive is i think my biggest weakness in LS, as well as trying to stay too long without regrouping and or calling it. But damn if it isnt a fun challenge! LS, and SS are my favourite Doctrines to fly. so theres that.

I am glad that i made clear before undocking, that people should insure their ships, as i was sort of expecting that people would die, just not at this scale.

Something that confused me a bit, was the amount of yellow in the overview, mostly because half of them were just eating popcorn, and was actually the people who we originally wanted to break up. Image

Battle Report everything
I appreciate the fact you log on and immediately take charge when you see an opportunity present itself - that by itself is worth anyone's weight in gold, and something I would hesitate to do at this point in my eve career...so thank you. For me it's all about the experience and learning from each encounter. Yeah, my space pixels blew up...so what? I myself didn't even notice half the stuff you actually wrote up, that's how low my situational awareness currently is, I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me :)

They booshed to us? Awesome, didn't even notice...
"I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me..." Willuw - 3 Aug 2019
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Savannah, I really appreciate you taking the time to write up the AAR and take us out. It's great having FCs that are excited about finding some pew.
Some notes on the fleet:

1. Good job broadcasting. I'd say if possible also mention the pilots name though when calling targets.
2. A challenge with LS is always positioning. This engagement was no different. The calls should be a split between calling targets, and talking through where the fleet needs to move to. Doing entirely the former works out well if you're in LA when you need to be on top of the target, LS though takes a little more awareness of positioning
3. Another thing I noticed is we didn't leave grid till there were only 2 of us left, we had lost the majority of our DPS, especially vs frigs.
4. Our range was also a challenge. People ended up a little everywhere, which caused them to be tackled and go down. LS can't apply at all unless they're around 100 off (which unfortunately is also booshing distance). Turret tracking on the Talos is literally 1.0 with antimatter, so we have to be way out to actually apply.
5. I also don't think we had a blackbird with us. That could have been extremely helpful (especially with the number of pilots we had) to disrupt the Deacons and Kiki reps/spool ups.

Overall we ended up isk positive which is great. I think the only reason I didn't die is I kept burning out to like 70.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage