Rogue Ozran - Slasher
Sen Artemi
Space Warfare Development - Nemesis
Susan MacDuff
Tarkin Karn - Incursus
Kills and Losses

(02:22:00) Nisuwa
Federation Navy Comet -26.28m

Our scout Amoni spotted an Orthrus in Nisuwa, shortly after reporting the intel to me he got caught. The fleet held at the outgate since we wouldn't have made it in time and the Orthrus would have just kited us out.

(02:37:21) Kedama
Tormentor -5.49m
Incursus +14.61m
Kestrel +8.64m

Space Warfare Development spotted a Bantam at a Novice one system behind us. Ley was still in system, so I asked her whether she was confident enough to try and go tackle it for us, as our scouts were 2 jumps away, I didn't want to spike system and thought it would be a great experience for her. After a REALLY brief rundown on how to tackle she warped to the Novice. Space had cloaky eyes outside and confirmed the Bantam was still inside. However, an Incursus landed pretty much at the same time as Ley. When I heard it slid after her, I called the fleet into system immediately. A 62AU warp sealed her fate, although Neemo arrived in time to take over tackle. The Bantam was out by then. A suicidal Kestrel chose to slide inside moments before the brunt of the fleet landed outside. We managed to get both, although we had the usual "EWAR only" issue. Triggerhappy Newbros ;) They quickly apoligized, no hard feelings from any side.

Mad Props to Ley for tackling though. Really good job. I forgot to express that during fleet, so I'm gonna do that next time I see her.

(02:45:40) Nisuwa
Venture +0.29m

We took a bio in Nisuwa. Neemo requested permission to break off and scout around. I came back from my bio. Saw another Killmail.

*High-Five*

(02:57:26) Tama
Federation Navy Comet -31.35m
Capsule -0.01m

We undocked, scouts reported a bunch of flashy Hecates on the ingate. Due to lack of overall content (at that point we were out for 1.5h) I ordered vanguard to try and tackle one of them. Lost Neemo in the process. Hence, the kind of unintended gatecamp started.

(03:08:27) Kedama, Tama
Kestrel -4.71m
Slasher -10.28m
Slasher -5.83m
Condor -6.94m
Capsule -0.01m
Republic Fleet Firetail +30.7m
Incursus -32.63m
Reaper -0.01m
Impairor +7.15m
Reaper -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

The Grand Finale

After regrouping at a safe in Kedama we staged at the Tama gate. Scout reported a "red" Hecate and an "orange" Firetail on the other side. When I received confirmation on the Hecate being "red" flashy, I jumped the gun and jumped as I called for the scouts to tackle the Hecate. As I was jumping and giving the command to jump, scouts reported they both jumped into us. I called for the fleet in Kedama to tackle the Hecate as soon as he decloaked. When I crashed gate and jumped back to Kedama, I heard the Hecate got out. When grid loaded, I saw at least 3 of ours engaging the "orange" Firetail. "Orange" turned out to be Negative Standing. Gate guns took out one of us already. I decided to engage the firetail and bounce immediately while ordering the fleet to keep tackle but align out and be ready to warp off as soon as they took damage, as I didn't have the time to explain gate gun mechanics. When I came back from bouncing, I started putting my beams on the firetail. It was a little chaotic, as one can tell from the effective damage dealt to the Firetail by each member. Half of them weren't sure whether to engage or not, as I called not to engage non-flashy targets on gates at the beginning of the fleet, while the other half just jumped at the slightest chance for content. I just made the split decision to go after the Firetail to not let our poor Newbros die in vain. And content is content. We're in frigates after all, and there's no way we'll whelp our entire fleet to gateguns before the firetail dies. At least not with Lightsong in his Hull-Logi-Heron, heroically repping as best as he could.

While looting the field on the Tama side of the gate, a non-flashy VNI showed up. I called to not aggress it - 1 second later it went flashy from looting a yellow wreck. We couldn't get in tackle range in time and it got out. 15 seconds later, a non-flashy Impairor showed up. As always I called not to aggress it - 1 second later it went flashy as well from looting a yellow wreck. This time we killed it. I was confused as to what was going on, yet happier than I've ever been before about killing a Corvette. Meanwhile, Gergoran got popped in his Corvette by our beloved Tama local Zhora Zhopkin on the Undock of Space Detroit.

(03:59:10) Agoze
Kestrel +10.3m

People were getting tired, I asked the fleet whether they wanted to go whelp in either Tama or Vlillirier or fold the fleet and head home. We decided to head home and everyone split up towards their respective destinations once we hit High-Sec. Turns out Maddice did a little more than that. As he was still in fleet during the kill I'll add it to the kill-count.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 71,693,757.32
ISK Lost: 123,570,016.85
ISK Delta: -51,876,259.53
Efficiency: 36.716%

Overall it was a nice first experience. I didn't expect to have my first official fleet run without issues, alltough some more actual content would have been nice. One deciding issue I had during the fleet was the fact that the communication between FC and scouts was hindered by the fact that I had Amoni sit in the "Scouts" sub-channel to coach Mihal on the fly. The problems started showing when I lost sight on where the scouts actually were. I tried to get them to give me the information I needed without putting too much pressure on them. I didn't realize it was Amoni's first time properly scouting for a fleet, as he's been a regular on our casual low-sec roams around LSC and volunteered to scout and coach Mihal. Soo putting him in the role of primary scout as well as teaching a relative Newbro how to scout simultaneously didn't work out that well. There were a lot of times where I had to actively ask for intel or received intel from 2 systems ahead, due to the scouts being distracted with coaching/learning how to scan for targets and forgetting about actually communicating their findings I suppose. Point being: Lessons were learned from all sides. First experiences with gate guns, scouting/tackling practice for the Newbros and assigning roles/keeping track of where my scouts/vanguard are sniffing around at. Sometimes you look for content without finding it, other times the content comes falling into your lap. Good scouts help, but they'll need practice to get on the level to provide the content we're looking for, so I'm happy to provide an opportunity for them to grow.
As for the gate gun incident, I should have explained how gate guns work during the Newbro Speech, although I didn't intend to go for non-flashy targets on gates. I should have been more clear about NOT engaging the Firetail, since I didn't know for sure whether it was flashy or not. And most importantly, I shouldn't have jumped ahead of giving the order to do so and waited for more intel from our scouts on the other side. That way I could have realized the Firetail was just Negative Standing and avoided the chaos that followed.

ISK-Positivity wise we're meh, but I didn't aim to be ISK-positive anyways. We had fun. Everyone of us grew individually. People messed up. People apoligized. No hard feelings, from either side. All in all I experienced it as a great first fleet...considering it was kitchen sink.

Looking forward to lead you guys into battle again. Hopefully we'll actually have more targets then.

Fly dangerous - and remember: Safeties set to yellow - always
o/
Last edited by Ky Hanomaa on 2019.07.29 21:32, edited 4 times in total.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Etri Orlenard

Re: [AAR] 2019-07-28 // Saturday Night NoP Kitchen Sink

Post by Etri Orlenard »

My first time doing a roam starting from LSC. Did not know what was happening half the time, other than the fact we were getting shot at by gate guns (lol). 10/10 would fly again. o7