[AAR] Proto-NoP

Ithugor Wells

[AAR] Proto-NoP

Post by Ithugor Wells »

Unfortunately this fleet didn't go so well.

Auric found a group in Eha. Sadly I think we took too long to get there or I spiked system too soon and they warped off before we could get to them. We also tried for a Phantasm but it was 100km off the beacon so we stop going for that. A different group of two ships were in a plex and also warped off before we could find them :(

At this point, we saw the perma-flashy phantasm on a gate and attempted it to Martoh and then Kinnaka. We lost the Phantasm but found a Raven. The Raven was swapped out for Praxis. After discussing with the Fleet, we figured we could take a long time shooting at it and try to run it out of cap boosters. Fortunately, our EWAR had a good enough grasp of the situation to hold off on my original order to swap to Guidance disruptors.

I think there was some miscommunication as my scout died just before I requested tackle. This was probably for the best, as it gave time for the Crucifiers to catch up. I originally call for Vanguard to get tackle but should have waited for the Crucifiers to catch up. I had some of them go for tackle since they could protect us and also stop the Praxis from hurting us.

Unfortunately this fight went very poorly. At the beginning I tried to defang the Praxis. When the Tristan on grid I had us switch to in order to take it out. That fortunately worked. I didn't do my homework and called the Crucifiers to use tracking disruption scripts instead of range disruption scripts and so a surprising number of died to the Praxis' guns. And also died to the heavy drones somehow. I think I also stayed too long on grid while the stabber was on grid and after the crucifiers died.

After the encounter with Praxis and co we eventually make our way to and hold in Hallanen. Glen made the correct call to ask people to x up if they were still on the fleet as we waited there for awhile. While waiting on re-group, we spot a Hookbill and I start the fleet on going for it when a Frigate gang jumps in. I should have third-partied but I miscounted the size of the gang compared to our gangs. By the time I was ready to go in on them they had left.

We follow them towards Tama and at some point I get a bit clever and request our temporary scout to switch with a different person so that we maybe trick them. We find them on the Kedama gate in Tama while we are in Kedama on the Tama gate. They jumped into us in Kedama and warped off to what looked like a Novice. We excitedly followed it, slide the gate and they weren't there. Apparently they warped to a safe instead of engaging us :(

After that, we went back to Tama and I gave Glen FC so he could do a gatecamp.

Video
FC View
Fight vs Praxis and co

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Amoni Panala
Auric Fulcrum - Sunesis
De W Javqe
Edhin Delphiki - Navitas
Falling Snow KumaMoto
Gergoran Moussou - Crucifier
Glen Burney - Griffin
Gyslaine Alvarde - Tormentor
Ithugor Wells - Tormentor
Keuthein
Ky Hanomaa - Crucifier
Neemo Beer - Tormentor
Roeric Lamora - Tormentor
Satoshi Tomeii - Tormentor, Federation Navy Comet
Space Warfare Development
Ssenir Shouna - Executioner
William Lyon Mackenzie - Tormentor
Zkadon Estemaire - Tormentor
Kills and Losses

(02:42:31) Kinakka
Executioner -5.52m
Tristan +7.7m
Crucifier -3.97m
Crucifier -4.57m
Navitas -2.47m
Tormentor -5.45m
Tormentor -5.45m
Tormentor -6.25m

(03:05:44) Vlillirier
Sunesis -23.08m

(03:18:16) Kedama, Tama
Tormentor -7.02m
Thrasher +10.87m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 18,561,876.74
ISK Lost: 63,778,419.53
ISK Delta: -45,216,542.79
Efficiency: 22.543%

Overall evaluation
  • Did a decent job switching between drones, Praxis and Tristan
    Sneakily switched scouts
    Should have been far clearer about trying to keep range on the Praxis
    Took too long to go into certain engagements
    Forgot to broadcast for targets and call out pilot names
    Did a poor job of keeping track of both drones and ships
    Didn't keep track of how many of our ships were dying
    Wrong call on what Tracking Disruption script to use
    Should have been willing to engage on the Frigate gang when it was our reduced fleet
Ged Sinak

Re: [AAR] Proto-NoP

Post by Ged Sinak »

One big thing I noticed when you engaged the praxis. You say in your AAR that it for some reason applied great dps with heavy drones. This was mainly since you guys were orbiting it with your mwd on (500% sig bloom) throughout the fight. This also especially comes into play when you are flying lasers since they often have trouble tracking things.

Looking at his probable fit https://zkillboard.com/kill/75825489/ I don’t quite understand why the tracking scripts were the wrong choice for ewar. To be honest, as long as the fleet stayed out of scram range (like tormentor should do anyways) there should be no reason the GUNS hit you. A better use of the tracking disruptions would to put them on the heavy drones he had launched. That would have probably minimized 90% of the damage he had with him.

After killing the heavy drones, the ewar would then switch to shielding the fleet from the kitey bs around. Putting optimal range damps on the stabber fleet and the other stuff poking at you.
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.