Tori Moliko - Astero, Deacon
Vincemt' Night - Retribution
Willuw Everquest - Stratios, Republic Fleet Firetail
Zako Maken - Heretic, Procurer
Kills and Losses

(02:47:16) J144845
Astero +79.2m
Capsule +0.13m

When I logged on, there was talk of a Velator who had just left Innuendo. Zako had killed the pilot earlier in an act of violence against explorers. Lucius tracked the pilot all the way back to Innuendo from Amarr, Zako bubbled both sides of the pilot's home hole, and, after many tackles had landed and we had waited almost long enough for all of us to arrive, we put the pilot out of his misery. Zako noted that the pilot had a prototype cloaking device fitted and an improved cloaking device in the hold. Just a few short training hours away from an upgrade, and podded to boot.

(03:30:08) J144845
Stratios +763.35m
Rook +387.52m
Drekavac +939.22m
Drake +66.92m
Capsule +0.01m

They had as many as eight in their Forti. Zako baited in a procurer at an ore anom. After a long wait, they peeked into Innuendo long enough to see no one on the hole, but perhaps not long enough to see eight of us docked up in ALI after a nice, efficient form-up. We had three logi, and we jointly elected to include ourselves on the killmails rather than do everything we could to protect our fleetmates.

They were fine.

In addition to the ships we killed, the bad guys also had a Domi on grid for most of the fight and another Astero that was in and out. There was a buzzard that came back from Innuendo as we were getting home.

Very nice work by FC Zako taking us through the target list. And very nice manual piloting by Shizuka, who led the Drek astray through some asteroids, where it got caught up and allowed Shizuka to bounce to safety and break the Drek's damage ramp.

There were no losses for our side, although I was slow to get reps on Willuw at the opening of the battle, and he had to warp off for a bit.

It was regrettable that we were unable to form a fleet of battle procurers to enhance the bait when they were at first slow to respond.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,236,352,989.02
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 2,236,352,989.02
Efficiency: 100%

ZKill Related Kills
Image Image Image Image Image
Willuw Everquest

Re: [AAR] Blingy Drek and Friends

Post by Willuw Everquest »

Tori Moliko wrote:Roam members (9)
Spoiler
Hannah Onasi - Deacon
Lucius Septimus Severus - Confessor, Deacon
Shizuka Shinano - Worm
Sone Eto - Enyo
Tarkin Karn - Malediction, Enyo
Tori Moliko - Astero, Deacon
Vincemt' Night - Retribution
Willuw Everquest - Stratios, Republic Fleet Firetail
Zako Maken - Heretic, Procurer
Kills and Losses

(02:47:16) J144845
Astero +79.2m
Capsule +0.13m

When I logged on, there was talk of a Velator who had just left Innuendo. Zako had killed the pilot earlier in an act of violence against explorers. Lucius tracked the pilot all the way back to Innuendo from Amarr, Zako bubbled both sides of the pilot's home hole, and, after many tackles had landed and we had waited almost long enough for all of us to arrive, we put the pilot out of his misery. Zako noted that the pilot had a prototype cloaking device fitted and an improved cloaking device in the hold. Just a few short training hours away from an upgrade, and podded to boot.

(03:30:08) J144845
Stratios +763.35m
Rook +387.52m
Drekavac +939.22m
Drake +66.92m
Capsule +0.01m

They had as many as eight in their Forti. Zako baited in a procurer at an ore anom. After a long wait, they peeked into Innuendo long enough to see no one on the hole, but perhaps not long enough to see eight of us docked up in ALI after a nice, efficient form-up. We had three logi, and we jointly elected to include ourselves on the killmails rather than do everything we could to protect our fleetmates.

They were fine.

In addition to the ships we killed, the bad guys also had a Domi on grid for most of the fight and another Astero that was in and out. There was a buzzard that came back from Innuendo as we were getting home.

Very nice work by FC Zako taking us through the target list. And very nice manual piloting by Shizuka, who led the Drek astray through some asteroids, where it got caught up and allowed Shizuka to bounce to safety and break the Drek's damage ramp.

There were no losses for our side, although I was slow to get reps on Willuw at the opening of the battle, and he had to warp off for a bit.

It was regrettable that we were unable to form a fleet of battle procurers to enhance the bait when they were at first slow to respond.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,236,352,989.02
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 2,236,352,989.02
Efficiency: 100%

ZKill Related Kills
This fleet engagement was epic, and the most fun I have had in my short Eve career...
"I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me..." Willuw - 3 Aug 2019
Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

Post by Zako Maken »

I was returning to Innu from scouting the chain in my legion when I saw a heron on D and killed it at the null data site. A bit later Lucius sees the same guy jump out into eggs in a velator. Hoping he would bring back something shiny I cloaked my heretic in .1 Z1 and called for insta-lockers. The astero came back and we blobbed it real hard.

Lucius hangs back and reported more people logging in to their Fort and Astra. I asked him to come reship to logi and got my alt in for eyes right as they undocked a strat.

After seeing miner ganks on their killboard I took the bait procurer into their ore anom and waited while everyone else stayed docked in ALI. They undocked a rook (dscan immune, maybe they’re going for it!) and then undocked a drake (maybe not). By that time the rats had spawned and I cleared them. I was starting to lose hope and then they jumped an astero into Innu, which jumped back without checking ALI. A drekavac undocked and warped to the ore anom. I called undock and warp to .1 Z1, jump and warp to Zako.

As I was finishing that I realized the drek landed 40km from me. I thought he would probably just warp off since I called people in too early, but I burned for him anyway. Suddenly a strat decloaks within scram range and I grab the strat call it primary. We overheated when it was in half armor and it went down.

The rook then landed fairly close and we overheat immediately and kill it. At this point I had burned out my prop and was considering going to reship, but I didn’t want to lose visual of the grid. In this moment of hesitation, I had lost track of the grid and it was a little too long before I made the next call.

Luckily there was a drake right on top of us at this point, so we switched to it and I got my bearings. There was a domi 80km up and a drek 40km down. I had said at the beginning of the fight if you were primaried by the drek for a prolonged time to burn away and bounce to stop the spool up. Following this advice, a second drek chased Shizuka up to where the domi was. Shizuka shook the drek and was able to bounce, so we just kept shooting the drake.

For some reason the Drek below us burned in quickly and I excitedly switched us onto the Drek. I called for heat immediately hoping to catch the drek off-guard and break it before they hit their reppers, but it was too tanky so we stopped heat as the other drek and domi warped off.

I asked for tackle on drake and we killed the remaining Drek and Drake and went home.

-Great job logi: Tori Hannah Lucius, didn’t lose anyone!
-DD was good as well: followed calls, very little split damage

-I got a little overwhelmed in the middle, but I think overall, I did okay.
-Maybe I should have asked someone to burn up and try to tackle the domi and other drek, but then we might have lost them. Probably worth the risk considering how blingy they might have been.
-How were people’s guns? Did I call heat too much?
Image Image Image
Lucius Septimus Severus
Title: Sophomore

Post by Lucius Septimus Severus »

As told from my perspective:

I logged into Eve having missed the heron kill. Looking for something to do, I hop into an Astero and begin to check out the chain. I cross jumped a Velator at 1z1. I didn't catch his name, so I immediately burn back and jump into Innu. Velator is gone, but still on D-Scan. Being that it is a Velator, I warp to .Eggs and wait. A few moments later, the Velator lands, not on the hole but at the Sig warpin. I lock and engage, but he gets out.

I wait in Innu for a while to see if he comes right back, first in my Astero, then in a quick, but not insta locking Confessor. So I wait, and I wait, eventually I get bored and decide to see if he is in Amarr. I burn the 4 jumps and get into Amarr on the Ashab gate, (love local btw). Sure enough he is in local, so I camp the gate, watching the sites.

After a 10 minute or so wait, I see him landing with an Astero, uncloaked on the gate. I call out in comms and race him back to Innu. He beats me by a good 30 seconds or so. Thankfully we had setup on .1z1 to catch him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you cannot fit a covops cloak on an Astero, you don't have any business flying an Astero. Since he only had a protype cloak, he was easy fodder for a bubble. I don't think he even tried to cloak. Anyways, he was sent back to his medclone in short order.

After looking at the kill I sent him some isk with the covops pro-tip. I then hopped into a Stratios and decided to sit on their structures and see what happened. When I arrived there was two in station, then 4, then 6. I think the highest we saw was 8. With discussions in comms we decided to set up bait and I was to fly deacon, complete with an Acolyte II for elite DPS projection.

Once the battle started proper, there was a bit of Chaos, as the other side had warped their things at various ranges. From a logi point of view, we did well to keep our group relatively together and it wasn't too difficult to stay in range of everyone. Incoming DPS was minimal, and I barely had to rep at all.

I think staying off of the Domi was a good call. In order to land tackle we would of had to send the firetail up there as I think he was the only one with a MWD. At 80km off he could get there in a few seconds, but it would of taken logi the better part of a minute to burn into range for reps. In that situation, a smart domi pilot would of dropped a flight of lights and wrecked the firetail before we could of repped. And if we had managed to get a logi up there to keep up reps, then the core part of the fight may have had a different outcome as well. The drekavac was not able to apply well to us close in, but had we turned and started running for the Domi, he may have been able to get a few good shots in.

Last comment for me to add in is that it is always surprising to me what an organized fleet of small ships can do. We had 5 dps frigates with a procurer. Yet we managed to wreck both a Drek and a Stratios, who were pretty bling fit. It also highlights the value of logi. Had they swapped the Domi and the Rook for a couple of execs, this fight would have been a much different battle.
Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

Post by Zako Maken »

Fantastic points Lucius, thanks for writing as well o7
Image Image Image
Laethe Fooswa

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

small ships are under-appreciated by most wh corps imo...
even if u show up with logi and they dont have any, they will take the fight.
on the flip side if you upscale you might consider hiding your logi 1 hole away until the engagement starts

I'm loving seeing these AARs guys. So happy to see WHC kicking ass! :D
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

You killed all that with just frigates? Did they even try killing your movies?

Bravo!