AAR: Save the Kittens - RR Exequors

Laethe Fooswa

AAR: Save the Kittens - RR Exequors

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

So following a Logistics 101 & 102 class we took out a fleet of RR Exequors.
Added in a Magus boosher... a Keres Instalockers... and a Loki webs and cloaky eyes.

And we set to GateCamping !!

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Amoni Panala - Inquisitor
Auric Fulcrum - Magus
Drebin 679 - Keres
Dusk Shi - Exequror
Edhin Delphiki - Exequror
Falling Snow KumaMoto - Exequror
Farthinder - Exequror
Ged Sinak - Loki
Gergoran Moussou - Exequror
Gramad Aideron - Exequror
Keuthein - Exequror
Laethe Fooswa - Exequror
Satoshi Tomeii - Exequror
Ssenir Shouna - Inquisitor
Torr Victros - Exequror
William Lyon Mackenzie - Exequror
Willuw Everquest - Exequror
YooJin Moon - Exequror
Kills and Losses

Our first two kills were classic perfectly executed gatecamp kills. Everyone got used to repping through gate guns, practicing target management with enemies and friendlies, shedding gate-gun agro, drone management... and generally getting a feeling for such a module intensive and challenging fleet comp.

(02:24:00) Eha
Caracal +37.43m

(02:31:39) Oicx
Procurer +31.81m

Some funbois I knew were starting to see us forming and we were drawing interest. So we tried a boosh to catch one of them and completely messed it up cause the boosher got bumped. Hey... Great Time to talk about Booshing with newbros !!!

We set up shop in Oicx on the Vil gate and got down to business. Those funbois were now a decent group of 4-5 watching us with their kitey bullsh*t and I knew a plan was forming. Finally they put a Drek 70km off of us to pull us off the gate and we lined up for the boosh. And this time... thanks to a small bit of time taken to teach some newbros....

BOOM... we landed 30km off the Drek and our Keres got the job done.
We tackled the Drek and UP went the Cyno. Now we had a ton of sh*t on grid with us. Niddy, Thanny, Caracals, Phobos... all sorts of crap. But all these brand new Logistics pilots DID WORK!

We repped each other, we killed people, we damped the caracals landing on grid around us. It was GLORIOUSSSSSSS
Once the Drek went down... I went after funboi#2 in the Magus and he had a BURST JAMMER fit! The nerve!! Have you no shame friend?
But after breaking my lock 3 times, we finally got him dead.

There were some attempts to catch a wolf that failed... and we were bleeding bad by now, so scatter was called.
In the end all our snowflakes got away as well as a few exequs, and I have to say thanks for not headshotting.
A wonderful fleet and I hope everyone learned lots about logi and gate-camping.

(02:51:09) Oicx
Exequror -31.12m
Drekavac +403.2m
Exequror -27.25m
Inquisitor -8.9m
Exequror -26.19m
Magus +112.74m
Exequror -35.01m
Exequror -34.32m
Exequror -27.21m
Exequror -26.2m
Exequror -23.72m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 585,173,878.44
ISK Lost: 239,942,909.21
ISK Delta: 345,230,969.23
Efficiency: 70.92%
Gergoran Moussou

Re: AAR: Save the Kittens - RR Exequors

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

When we were sitting at the gate and they were just gathering, I started laughing out of anticipation for what they'd bring in.
9th CCI medalist

Gemma Solett
Title: Sophomore

Post by Gemma Solett »

Thanks for the fight o7

Coming from our fortizar defense fleet everyone was a bit hungry for blood, and hearing of a battle exeq fleet we quickly reformed to go find it. I think our cap pilots may have been a little eager (so much so one of them gated a carrier over with goons, snuff and init all still in the process of heading home). We thought you guys would be able to tank, and possibly kill a carrier with the amount of reps you had. This seemed to be true until the second carrier came in and I started burst jamming.

You may have noticed my Magus wasn't exactly optimally fit for the engagement, it was a snatch Magus, one of our fleet doctrines that I hastily grabbed from hanagar. I didn't realise until afterwards how useful that burst jammer could potentially be, possibly messing up your reps to the primary. I was just trying to get the cheeky unista that scrammed me as soon as I tackled your Magus :P
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

I think I was the one who scrammed you.
9th CCI medalist

Edhin Delphiki

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

Laethe,
First, I want to thank you for organizing this event. I enjoyed the format considerably. You distilled the necessary information to have us perform a practical application of the ships we were being trained on. Performing a roam soon after the practical was even further locking in what we learned.

That fit was demanding to be sure on how engaged that we needed to be. Getting in range to support scramming, dampening targets while putting drones on different target, watching and remote repairing my watch list, watching my distance to my fleet members, and of course listening intently to call out when to engage and when to scatter. I already had respect for logi pilots, but I think I now have a reverence to those that excel at that role.

I wanted to also commend you on fortitude of sticking to your plan. Many people had ideas what to do in certain situations, but you held your composure and performed things on your schedule on your terms showed good leadership that I respect. o7 Additionally, you were able to help pilots who could not fit the doctrine well to down fit to lower meta or swap out modules to help support the fleet as a whole.

I had an excellent time in both the educational aspect as well as the direct application of the success we had. I need to watch my range a little more I think when moving about the grid and I need more practice on the placement of ships on my HUD. I am pretty sure I remote repaired one of the kills as I dampened and droned it. I corrected myself, but I was sitting there wondering why my fleet member was not getting better.

Aside from the capitals dropping on us, the boosh and keeping various fleet members alive against those fighters was the most memorable aspect of the roam. I was so excited to have capital dropped on us and survive the skirmish. I salute our fallen logibros. <pours a drink on the ground in respect>

Some part of me thinks we should create a ribbon for killmail wh*ring on logis and martyred logibros, which I am sure they would wear with pride.

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Gemma Solett
Title: Sophomore

Post by Gemma Solett »

Nicely done Gergoran, I stuck about in the middle of your blob a bit too long, and I'm pretty sure I only saw the one scram. That really held me down. The Keres had me long pointed but if I was able get off mwd I would've been able to pull range from the blob o drones, so that scram definitely played a big part in scoring that kill.
Auric Fulcrum
Title: LSC Assistant Manager, Lieutenant, Graduate, Teacher, OO

Post by Auric Fulcrum »

Might've also been me since my Magus had a scram on it :P