[AAR] NoP Merlin Deux

Ithugor Wells

[AAR] NoP Merlin Deux

Post by Ithugor Wells »

Unfortunately we had a pre-fleet mishap when one of our fleet-members got blapped in their Merlin on their way to form up.

While going on our destination towards Vlillirier, I had our secondary scout, Ky, take a look into Ostingele where we rewarded with an AFK venture kill.

A bit after I also had Ky check out the Intaki pocket, but as expected, we didn't really find anything.

In Renarelle, we attempted to catch a Maulus, but it successfully ran away. :(

In Vlillirier, I hear word of a Dramial (which I may have mistaken for a Daredevil >.> ). We don't find it on the plex but then it lands on our Vanguard but burns off before the rest of the fleet lands on it. We try to catch it but I should have to called off the attack earlier or at least been more consistent.

On our way to Oicx, we get chased by a Stilleto. In hindsight, I should have had everyone fly next to it and try to blap it. We get caught on the other side in Eha as I did not move fast enough (resulting in two dead Merlins).

We escaped to Innia and there was some confusion as our primary scout went to Kinnaka while our fleet went to the Pavanaka gate. Segdae finds a Rifter in Kinnaka and I tell the fleet to jump into the wrong system (whoops). At this point in time, the Moa fleet catches back up to us. I scout through it and get back to Segdae and tell Ievos to take command of the rest of the fleet and get them to a safe spot.

I get Ievos to go to the dead systems that are Enaluri and Hallanen. The fleet members that were in Kinakka (including myself) I get to go through a different set of systems and the main fleet seems to follow us in that direction (which made me feel clever, assuming they were actually still chasing us at that point in time). Ievos did an amazing job 2ICing the fleet to safety.

After evading the Moa gang, I decide to take a look at the Aldranette area so that we don't run into them again. Sedgae finds another Venture and I let him solo kill it as by that time the fleet was already far away from it.

I then decide to head back to Tama. On our way there, we peek into Nisuwa and find a Frigate gang vs Vexor fight that I decide to third party. I think I delay a bit too long to get my scout to enter the Plex and attack people. But we do manage to get (undeserved) credit on the Hookbill and manage to defeat the Vexor. I took advice to shoot at the drones, but perhaps that was the wrong thing to do (thought it may have saved one of our fleetmember's ship).

Soon after that our Vexor-victim undocked a Praxis and I decide to take it just to see how it would good. We end up doing no damage to it and it ends up doing no damage to us but an Algos does show up, almost directly on top of our Griffin. Fortunately, our Griffin gets away and I order the fleet to try and carefully extract from the Praxis and onto the Algos. Sadly, Atticus had to, uh, bravely sacrifice his ship so that the rest of us could safely depart. This sacrifice was not in vain as we easily manage to defeat the Algos.

The trip to Tama and back to Amy was rather uneventful.

Raw Video
Vexor Fight
Praxis + Algos

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Atticus Vex - Merlin
Auric Fulcrum
Dexyr Sulvara - Merlin
Edhin Delphiki - Merlin
Falling Snow KumaMoto - Bantam
Gergoran Moussou - Griffin
Ievos - Merlin
Ithugor Wells - Merlin
Ky Hanomaa - Slasher
Mongo the Mechanic - Merlin
Musashi Kensei - Merlin
Segdae Aldurald - Slasher
Silver FoxV - Merlin
Ssenir Shouna - Merlin
William Lyon Mackenzie - Bantam
Willuw Everquest - Merlin
ZEROLESS - Merlin
shureer Yassavi - Merlin
Kills and Losses

(01:09:44) MHC-R3
Merlin -24.95m
Capsule -15.44m

(01:48:56) Ostingele
Venture +0.39m

(02:03:50) Vlillirier
Slasher -5.36m

(02:17:44) Eha, Kinakka
Merlin -2.56m
Merlin -6.89m
Rifter +12.21m

(02:43:46) Anchauttes
Venture +0.34m

(02:50:39) Nisuwa
Caldari Navy Hookbill +15.13m
Vexor +39.71m

(03:00:13) Nisuwa
Merlin -6.76m
Algos +13.13m
Capsule +0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 80,918,294.18
ISK Lost: 61,949,937.95
ISK Delta: 18,968,356.23
Efficiency: 56.638%

Overall evaluation
  • I was told that I did a good job using two scouts
    Ievos did an excellent job FCing the fleet into safety once we got split up
    Occasionally remembered to broadcast
    Target switched when appropriate
    Should have called scatter when the Moa gang jumped into us instead of fumbling for the fleet warp
    Didn't respect the fact that a Moa fleet was chasing us; I should have had the fleet start running away earlier
    Should call out target names when calling targets and not just ship class
    Should have been more consistent in either calling the fleet off the Dramiel or comitting to chasing it (probably the first bit)
Ievos

Re: [AAR] NoP Merlin Deux

Post by Ievos »

You did a great job; kept it fun, educational, and entertaining (the most important part really); and you clearly learned from it. I hope everyone feels the same way.

I enjoyed, and learned from, being 2FC.

Would absolutely join your fleets again in the future. Also, would be happy to 2FC for you again.

I don't have any input we didn't discuss previously, but for the betterment of all, I will repost the abridged version now. Being decisive to get people moving to avoid the Moa fleet would have been the better course; attacking their scout could have been successful or a blaze of glory for us all; you did a good job (though ran into a snag) with the 2 scouts; and decisiveness on what we can/cannot take is a skill one needs to learn and is not just a science of memorization (you have learned from this fleet, as did everyone who went on it).

-Ievos
"Eye-E-vose"
Edhin Delphiki

Re: [AAR] NoP Merlin Deux

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

I enjoyed this fleet experience. We had some fun kills on this roam that showed the discipline of the members of the fleet. The Moa gang chasing us down was intense, but fleet as a whole performed well as we were split into two groups across multiple systems.

EVE University fleets explain well the terms of fleet maneuvers, fleet actions, and support newer fleet members. This fleet was no exception. I would fly with Ithugor again. He took some time before the fleet to check out an upgraded fit for the doctrine Merlin, so I appreciated his flexibility and support.

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage