AAR: Fun Fleet For Firing Fireworks

Rayanth

AAR: Fun Fleet For Firing Fireworks

Post by Rayanth »

Alright, I need to stop coming up with these insanely long names for fleets. The alliterations are fun but it's annoying to type. I blame Mike Kingswell.

The Fun Fleet For Firing Fireworks (can I just use FFFFF?) had 4 members, including myself.
Participants: Rayanth (FC), Dexyr Sulvara, Shauny Tsero (kinda 2IC?), Tarkin Karn
The Premise: Flying cheap Hero-Tackle Atrons but with Fireworks launchers in the highs, go on a low-sec roam and see what kind of mayhem we can cause.
The Result: 5 fewer Atrons, 3 less Capsules, but still lots of fun :)

We started with my typical inexperience as FC (this is my second fleet command ever) and additional lack of experience in low-sec roams in general, I think i was kinda hoping for more members and someone who could step up as 2IC. Shauny helped guide me and after bouncing around aimlessly near Stacmon (I was hesitant to get too far from Reships) we made way for Vlillirier, and ran into some trouble at Agoze. A small group on the gate, where Dexyr managed to activate a Kill Right on one of the targets, so that we could try to get the gate guns involved without aggressing them ourselves - I landed tackle, but the target was in a Damavik and his tank was holding against the gate guns (A tleast, i'm pretty sure that was the source of the damage he was taking) and Shauny and I went down.

(20:48:27) Agoze
Atron -3.55m
Atron -3.47m

Regroup, reship, head out once again for Tama, and Tama was definitely hopping... landing on the Nourvukaiken gate we found 20-30 flashies, and hurriedly tried to jump through and collect our thoughts regarding our new intel... but Tarkin didn't make it through :(

(21:25:36) Tama
Atron -3.22m
Capsule -0.85m

Down to three, we determined to go out in a blaze of glory and pretty fireworks, jumped back through, and we each tackled the first target we could find (Not for lack of choices)

My own target was taking damage so I thought to try and get on a killmail by landing tackle on him... which put myself in a lick of trouble. I successfully warped out in my pod, only to find that I had warped to a complex... with a smartbomb camper on it. So much for my pod-saving skills.

(21:31:31) Tama
Atron -5.36m
Atron -5.49m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

In all, only Dexyn made it out unscathed the entire run. It's worth pointing out that none of us had any high expectations of getting on any killmails in this run - we did find ways to try to get on some KM's using gate-guns and aggression but each attempt ended up not getting us much of anywhere, unfortunately. Ultimately, this fleet was just to go have some fun, and I think each of us did.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 21,958,358.61
ISK Delta: -21,958,358.61
Efficiency: 0%

Overall evaluation

(Positive stuff)
  • Different participants from last time
  • Had loads of fun
  • A few new ideas for 'next time'
(Negative stuff)
  • Sadly, no Killmails.