(03:21:28) Jufvitte
Slasher -1.74m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 3,836,424.94
ISK Delta: -3,836,424.94
Efficiency: 0%

Overall evaluation
Around 2:30AM 2019.07.01 5 war targets, The Ocupation., entered Jufvitte and then Amygnon. They positioned themselves about 250km off Rivet City between Rivet City and Citadel 101. Their fleet consisted of 2 Hurricanes, 2 Cynabals, and 1 Scythe. There was a bit of confusion getting the QRF going. Initially we only had 7 members and Durnik Rosario didn't believe our BLAP Caracals and Osprey would be enough to take them on. However, Ky Hanomaa dropped down to LSC mumble and their roaming fleet enthusiastically agreed to join us. Initially I asked (read - twisted his arm) Durnik to be FC. He reluctantly agreed while rubbing his arm. After a few minutes I agreed to FC with Durnik as my 2IC. After a bit more confusion about who was in the QRF and in what ships we switched to Alpha Comms.

While erroneously waiting for the LSC fleet to arrive the WTs grew impatient, politely, in Local chat. Five or so minutes later all but one of the five WTs left Amygnon and subsequently left Jufvitte for Scheenins. With hindsight, I believe they saw the arrival of the LSC roaming fleet which increased the QRF fleet from 7 to 17 and decided they didn't like the odds. Given recent behavior of these WTs I would guess they would have happily taken on a fleet of 10; however, saw the spike in local and coupled with their impatience decided to withdraw.

Shortly afterward, upon being told that the LSC fleet had arrived and joined I called for the fleet to undock. This was in the hope that we could entice them to fight. The WTs in Jufvitte left and I warped the fleet to the gate into Jufvitte. After a bit of discussion I decided to try and pursue their fleet into Scheenins. The fleet entered Jufvitte and warped to the Jufvitte gate. Neemo Beer had +1'ed into Scheenins and reported, along with Jessica's alt that the four were still in Scheenins. I had the fleet jump into Scheenins; however, while there was a scouting probe by one of their members, the WTs stayed away.

I had the fleet jump back into Jufvitte which Neemo Beer did not hear. At the same time one WT arrived at the gate into Jufvitte and Neemo was able to point him. However, before the fleet could jump back into Scheenins Neemo was killed and the WT warped off after also podding Neemo. The fleet jumped back to Jufvitted and was told to warp to Amygnon, jump, and dock up. As the fleet was departing, a WT jumped into Jufvitte and Ky Hanomaa was able to get point on them. I told the fleet to return and attempted to go to the aid of Ky; however, we were too late and Ky's ship was also destroyed.

After collecting the remnants of the two E-Uni wrecks I had the fleet warp back to Amygnon and Citadel 101.
  • (Positive stuff)
    + While it took a while we were able to form up an effective fleet.
    + I swallowed hard, put my ego in its case, and decided to stop being a wimp and try to FC.
    + In spite of my general ineptness the fleet responded well.
    + I FC'ed the first EVE University fleet in July, 2019 in spite of my ineptness.
    (Negative stuff)
    - I knew being FC would be intense. Even so, I need to learn more about being an FC.
    - My lack of situational awareness allowed two Unistas to fall in battle.
    - We didn't get any WT kills.
    - I need to continue to improve my knowledge of ships, their strengths and weaknesses.
    - I want my MOMMY!
Amoni Panala

Re: [AAR] An attempt was made

Post by Amoni Panala »

I know that we all got real life stuff to attend to and this is just a thing people do for fun, but I'm really getting tired of the Occupation just leaving when they don't like how long it takes for us to form up. They bring massive ships that the normal USTZ crowd in HSC probably couldn't take on by itself, so we bring more people from other campuses and it takes a little longer. Even with the wait for LSC roaming horde to join up with the QRF the form-ups seem to take a lot less time than they used to. I'm pretty sure it took us twice (if not three times) as long to form up for defense of Karpinsky Labs and then it wasn't a friendly war between two corps. Someone needs to explain to them that if they want more fun fights, they should come to LSC where we thrive on PvP. I can't help but feel as though them constantly badgering the HSC folks to come out and fight is strategic: in other words, I think they suck at PvP and they can't take on people who do PvP nearly every day. My appreciation for these guys and their civility has run out. I'm tired of them baiting and running away. Baiting and running away. They talk about fair fights, but they don't really want fair fights. They want even numbers. They want to know that when they engage they'll have enough people to shadow every one of ours. When we show up in superior numbers (no matter if we're flying T1 frigates or battleships) they run away.

And speaking of Karpinsky Labs, I know someone is just going to handwave my frustration away like they did last time, but I really wish the Occupation would stop shooting at Karpinsky Labs. I don't care if they only take a couple of shots and that it will repair in less than half an hour. This is the equivalent of throwing a rock up to the second floor bedroom window and instead of getting someone's attention discretely, you break the window.

Tonight was the last straw for me. I'm done running to HSC to form up for a QRF with these Occupation folks. They've worn out my goodwill and sapped the fun out of PvP in hisec. Also, as I alluded to before, I'm reluctant to trust the words, "It's all good fun, nobody's going to get podded" and all that...

Ergan, I think you berate yourself too much. You have a lot of knowledge about this game and I think if you leaned into it more, you could develop into a great FC. Sure, you made mistakes and some ships got blown up (and those scum podded one of the scouts), but I think you could learn to do better and provide some real leadership for the newbies wanting a taste of flying in a fleet. You've already improved from the last time when you informally led our four caracals out to face theirs. I know it's easy to see all the mistakes, but if you FC'd more formal fleets, I'd fly under your command.

TL;DR
1. The Occupation are impatient cowards who pretend to be honorable.
2. I'm 100% not amused with this war.
3. People encouraged me to trust that this was all good fun, I did, and now I feel betrayed.
4. Ergan did well tonight and should keep taking opportunities to FC.
5. I should have communicated when LSC roaming horde arrived at HSC so there was less of a delay.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Falling Snow KumaMoto

Re: [AAR] An attempt was made

Post by Falling Snow KumaMoto »

Ergan Eto wrote: - I want my MOMMY!
Lol, you're awesome Ergan. One small correction to the AAR: I was also there trying (and failing) to provide logi support with Durnik and Kirsid. Would gladly fail again with you.
ImageImage Image ImageImage