[AAR] 4 Uni v 4 The Occupation.

Ergan Eto

[AAR] 4 Uni v 4 The Occupation.

Post by Ergan Eto »

My first engagement as a neophyte FC. So be gentle. Or not.

Four to five Occupation members were entering and leaving Amygnon much of the evening from 0100 to 0345. In local were were asked to "come out and play", which after some discussion we got together four pilots, myself, Abraham Schereau, Amoni Panala , and Gergoran Moussou and formed up a 4 Caracal BLAP (2 of which were T2) ships. To be honest, I wasn't going to participate; however, it looked like we were going to be short one pilot, so I joined in. It didn't hurt that the enemy had thrown a few light missiles at Karpinsky Labs which I'd flown to and manned. They warped off immediately after I docked and manned the guns in Karpinsky. The Karpinsky shields had a 14 minute repair time when they left. No damage, and frankly, I didn't see any red in the shields. Some fool, Abraham I believe, said I should be FC. Joy! A PvP gang fleet against more experienced WTs led by an FC who barely knows how to warp the fleet.

The Occupation brought 4 members, all flying blingy Caracals, to the fight. The pilots were Agent Clark, Miktetic, Hige Lupus, and SuicideDeciever. In local we agreed to meet at Amygnon VI Asteroid Belt I.

The four Uni pilots formed up outside Citadel 101, under the watchful eye of 'def notcloaked' and off we went. I mistakenly warped just myself, LEMMING!, to the asteroid belt at 0. 2 errors there. First I really did mean to use Squad warp and secondly I was going to warp the squad in at 30KM off the field. I arrived, called the other three to warp to me, while 4 Occupation Caracals were poised above the belt about 70-100km away. Not a good beginning for me. I burned away from the belt before the other three landed about 45 deg away from the enemy. They gave chase as I expected which gave the other 3 Uni pilots a chance to regroup. After I got far enough off the belt , all but one pilot was able to warp to me. The one pilot was a tich too close but made it soon thereafter. Running out of cap doing this didn't help my spirits at all.

Initially I was engaged by Agent Clark and the other Caracals. Turns out the Caracal I had was missing an invulnerability shield. (Third mistake or 50th depending on your point of view.) I went down fairly quickly; however, was able to call out Agent Clark as primary and get about 50% into his shields before the other Uni pilots landed on me. Once my limited shields were gone I went down quickly. On the way back to 101, I called for Abraham to take over as FC. I must say he did a great job! I reshipped into a better, T2, fitted Caracal and warped back to the battle. At that point Agent Clark was into hull but somehow had managed to gain back some shield. I believe he warped away for a minute or two before coming back to the fight. Abraham went down shortly after I re-engaged Agent Clark. Agent Clark went down shortly thereafter. I then engaged Hige Lupus. Amoni Panala went down and reshipped into an Atron. Gergoran Moussou also went down before we killed Hige Lupus. No pilots on either side were podded in spite of twp remaining on field for an extended period. I had mentioned while we were forming that we would not pod. Occupation may be at war with EVE University; however, they've been generally polite and honorable in everything they've done so far.

Shortly before Hige lupus went down two additional Uni pilots warped to the fight. Had I known they were coming I would have waved them off. As a result of their appearance on the field Nervosa, in a Cynabal, warped in and entered the fight. He'd been hanging back at the Amygnon gate. When I found out he'd joined the fight I decided not to be in the least offended, as two other, albeit less capable Uni pilots had joined in. Once Hige Lupus went down the other two Caracals left the battle along with the Cynabal.

GF's were exchanged in local. We looted and salvaged the field. I gave each pilot, who hadn't already picked their wreck cargo up, the drops from their wrecks. I also looted and salvaged the Occupation wrecks. Using the kill reports I was able to account for almost all of their loot. I think a Unista accidentally picked up some of their loot. Given their conduct and honorable behavior I think it only honorable and courteous to offer their loot back to them, though, maybe after the war. I will ask for guidance on this, as I know we don't typically do this.

I learned I need to be extra careful to actually warp the fleet and not be a lemming. I DO do actually know how to warp fleet and squad. I also belatedly realized I should have called for everyone to engage their drones. That wasn't done until I came back from my reship. I believe it was Abraham who called for the drones. My Warrior IIs along with others definitely added to the fire power of the fleet. Had I put out my drones first IU don't believe I would have died quite as quickly, or at the very least inflicted more damage before dying.

My thanks go to the 3 pilots who entrusted their wrecks, er, ships to my care. All in all, a fun and honorable fight.
O'Hearn
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] 4 Uni v 4 The Occupation.

Post by O'Hearn »

Thanks for the detailed report!

Well done for giving them a limited engagement. Hopefully, this will encourage them to continue to provide content.

Additionally, we now know that their smack talk was not just baiting, and that they are up for "fair fights".

Looking forward to seeing how we manage the content stream. Our code of conduct should provide solid ground for good, clean engagements:
  • Our members are honest in their dealings both with one another and the community
  • Our members treat all players both inside and outside EVE University with respect
But we may struggle to have everyone honour "fair fights", for example when people are in standing fleet but not on Mumble.
Guiliano Thellere
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Student Advocate, Personnel Officer, Sophomore

Post by Guiliano Thellere »

The guys at The Occupation have sent their compliments to your FCing since this little fight so I would take some confidence away from this on a job well done if I were you! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Was a fun fight. They seem like good guys. Wanting to have fun by actually having fun rather than by ruining other people's fun like P I R A T.

I asked in Slack if Guiliano could see about arranging a T1 frigate fight for Tuesday (I'm thinking either BLAP Merlins since that's the one that I have the most fleet experience with and is almost always available or Punishers because I prefer armor ships and I have more skills related to small Amarr ships than anything else including Amarr Frigate V and within the next few hours, the ability to run T2 blasters). Maybe a destroyer fight as well, with BLAP Talwars, but I've never flown a Talwar and my skills aren't as good with the relevant stuff, so I wouldn't feel comfortable being in charge of that.
9th CCI medalist