|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
O'Hearn
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Golden Horde Punishers 2019.6.20 @19:00

Post by O'Hearn »

So much fun!
  • The Astero kill was satisfying after being killed by Asteros so much during the weekend's null exploration.
  • The Vedmak kill was exciting because it was new and shiny and there was a lot going on.
  • The Hecate kill was an education, because I couldn't believe a destroyer could be that tanky and fast at the same time.
I brought home 50.4m in loot, donated to LSC. Remember folks, if you keep the loot for yourself, it's common garden variety piracy. Donating the loot makes it a matter of higher education.

Observations:
  • I enjoyed the clear calls from scouts and FC.
  • Some pilots were consistently missing fleet warps en route to the first destination. Given some of the tricky on-gate engagements we had, we should probably have taken a moment to fix that.
  • Some newbros were confused by navigation calls off the yellow brick road. Not sure how to improve on that. Maybe something like "When I call warp yourselves to J-U-F I mean you should warp to the Jufvitte star gate in this system" for the first call?
  • Letting newbros know when it's safe to repair heat damage helps. Landing on a fight with 80% heat damage is no fun.
  • Broadcasting for reps was a problem. We did get good at calling for them on comms, but I think broadcasts are easier for logi. We should probably have walked people through setting up shortcut keys for rep broadcasts. I use Shift-Z for armor, Shift-X for shield and Shift-C for in position.
  • I failed to comply with a call to hug our boosher, and so I missed the boosh. A missed boosh costs a lot more DPS than losing optimal range.
Thanks all for your participation. Participation is how the fun happens.
Amoni Panala

Re: [AAR] Golden Horde Punishers 2019.6.20 @19:00

Post by Amoni Panala »

I had so much fun with the Golden Horde Fleet! Thank you again, B'aldrick for FC'ing the fleet.

Things I learned on this fleet:
1. I understand how to scout, but I now know I don't like doing it. I'm glad I tried it because otherwise I might have continued to be afraid of trying something new.
2. Scouts are either first into the fight and first to take aggro or the last into the fight and least likely to get on the kill mail.
Having a more experienced scout to show you the ropes really helps with the learning curve (thanks, Marn).
3. Gate guns are no laughing matter
4. Related to the above: if your enemy has webs and scram: don't get near gates while you're suspect. They will point you and at that point (har har) you're done for.
5. I love punishers. They're so pretty. The Amarr may have their faults, but they sure do make pretty ships.

I think the most exciting fights were us frigates against bigger ships. I don't think we had to many frigate vs. frigate fights (if any), but going against bigger ships meant I didn't feel sorry that we were ganging up on them.

Also, I just might have to move to LSC.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image