[AAR] A day in the life of NSC

Magnar Eriksson
Title: Sophomore

[AAR] A day in the life of NSC

Post by Magnar Eriksson »

In a day that has not been too different to any other day in the NSC we had a lot of content and a lot of fun.

Zoidberg (Nightmare) and Nyashko (Jaguar) came around to try pick some unistas off. We formed a QRF in response and started looking for an opportunity to strike.
Spoiler
Kirsid - Vengeance
Xyrin - Slasher
Seleena - Legion
Magnar - Dominix
The Jaguar jumped to T22 and 3/4 jumped in after and engaged (my domi stayed docked until the nightmare was exposed). Xyrin's slasher got popped by the jag but kept it locked down long enough to for kirsid and seleena to kill the jaguar.

Jaguar +53mil
Slahser -5mil

The Nightmare jumped in shortly after and popped Kirsid's vengeance as I warped my Domi to T22 to engage

Vengeance -90mil

Kirsid went to reship into a prophecy (specifically crafted to catch a nightmare) and I put my domi on a perch until he could lock the nightmare down and get a warp in. Unfortunately he was too slow getting back to gate and the nightmare jumped back through to PC9 and then out of the pocket.

Zoidberg returned shortly after, this time in a rail vigilant and got a few cheap kills while we looked for a time to strike. We were joined by Six Nyendi.

Slasher -8mil
Malediction -43mil

After those 2 kills and some near catches he left system and again

After another 30 mins Zoidberg returned with some friends, this time in a Nightmare, Jaguar, Loki, Gnosis.

I quickly fitted an ultra heavy tackle prophecy to sell to kirsid and we reshipped into Prophecy (kirsid), Dominix (me), Legion (seleena), Exequor(xyrin), Abadon (Six).

Xyrin had a warpin on the Nightmare and fleet warped us on to it but it was too far off by the time we landed. Kirsid burnt to the nightmare and when he started getting close the gnosis was very close so we switch primary to the gnosis and let the nightmare go. The rest of us bounced to warp to the prophecy. The prophecy got initial tackle and held the gnosis till the rest landed on grid and soon after the prophecy died. They then switched deeps to the exeq and killed it pretty quick as well

Prophecy -74mil
Exequor -19mil

We quickly burnt down the Gnosis and as it got close to popping, the jaguar burnt in close to try and save it. I switched heavy neuts to the jag and we switched deeps to the jag and it died quickly as it was dead in the water. We then switched back to the gnosis. The loki now burnt in close to try save the gnosis, we neuted and grappled the loki whilst we finished off the gnosis

Gnosis+140mil

Xyrin hero slasher got taken down as we worked on keeping the loki locked down.

Slasher -10mil
Loki +1,142 mil

We tried now to catch the nightmare losing a number of frigs to it
Slasher -4mil
Purifier -41mil
Atron -3mil

The nightmare then left system and ...

Returned 10mins later. This time they had 2 x Nightmare + 1 x Jaguar we again looked for opportunities and traded ships

Jaguar +54mil
Scythe -16mil

Then down time happened and we took a short break...

After downtime they returned again but we were down a couple of people. Crazy Kitten ( a pocket blue) asked if she/he could join the party and still high on the loki kill before DT we went out to engage completely undershipped.

This time they had : Nightmre, Hyperion, Armagedon
We had: Dominix, Drake, Cythe, Stabber

Their hyperion warped to a wreck and I warped my domi to him and began neuting him. The nightmare and armagedon soon landed and wiped the floor with us as expected.

Scythe-16mil
Dominix -224mil
Stabber-31mil
Drake -62mil

And thus ended our morning session (EVE time)

Evening commnced and...

A VNI got caught in the bubble. Dominic Altol quickly got a point on him and those who were gast enough to respond were able to kill him pretty quick

Vexor Navy Issue +60mil

Later, whilst trying to find a VNI , we had a gnosis, jackdaw and maulus navy issue on the JH gate and engaged the gnosis. Then they dropped 2 thanatoses on us. At least we killed their gnosis

Proteus -1116mil
Gnosis +107mil
Myrmidon -74mil
Maulus Navy Issue +40mil

We then twiddled our thumbs for a bit until athena killed a cyno velator near home station. He proceeded to share his story in local chat "why do i even bother coming here to buy cynos". We all had a good laugh.

With no one coming in to engage us, we formed up for a quick adhoc roam in caracals and went hunting for something to kill but the whole pocket was pretty dead. Turned out we didn't need to leave after all as we spotted Foton-z and Mipholog (Jaguar + Nightmare) in JH- so we headed back. Our caracal fleet was waitign on the JH- gate in PVH8 waiting for them to both enter PC9 then set up a gate camp in JH on the PC9 gate.

The nightmare however remained on a perch and thus I changed the plan. The new plan was to show our hand, I thought that a nightmare would gladly engage a caracal fleet. 2 of us however were tasked with reshipping to our nightmare killing strategy ie ultra heavy tackle (klipche) + neut BS (me). The rest of the caracals burnt off the gate to entice the nightmare off. The jaguar left pc9 at this stage and would have relayed the caracal set up and positioning to the nightmare who now proceeded to jump through. As soon as he decloaked the caracals engaged from range. One of the caracals was not anchored up on Dom so ended up out on his own. The Nightmare burnt straight to him whilst the Prophecy/Domi began warpign to him from station (a longer warp). I told the caracals to suicide and get web/point on the nightmare to buy us some more time. As the domi and prophecy landed the nightmare was burning away popping a few of us.

Caracal -18mil
Atron -0.5mil (round down to 0 :P)
Caracal -13mil

He kept burning away and we couldnt get close enough to catch him. Charon reshipped into an Arazu and six into his abadon. A few others who weren't on the roam also joined in.

As the Nightmare got to 50km from my dominix I MJD (micro jump drived) to 50km in front of him. He didn't notice this and kept approaching me. I burnt towards him in case he did notice and started changing direction and quickly got a grapple and then a scram on him and ofc lots of neuts. He sling shotted right past me and for a brief time broke my scram but I overheated and scrammed him again. I still wasn't fast enough to catch him though, but the grapple created the opening for the prophecy to speed past me and web him down. We all burnt in on him and shared a nightmare for dinner.

Nightmare +1450mil

Lost: 1,826mil
Destroyed: 3,087mil
Efficiency: 62.8%

GFs and celebrations ensued and Six was partially compensated for his earlier proteus loss.

NSC's local vulture who was not a part of the engagement nor in coms (ever), "mysteriously" dropped fleet and was spotted at the wrecks salvaging and most likely looking to loot without having it show to the rest of the fleet. I mention this because to me at least, this behaviour is not acceptable. If you are not in a fight you have no right to loot/salvage the field unless given the ok by the FC.

Positives
- Although we lost a lot of ships throughout the day people kept reshipping and getting out there and at the end we got the chocolates
- The spur of the moment roam went well, although we had nothing to engage, shout out to Charon for dual boxing scout + bubble on the fleet.
- People sacrificed their ships nicely when asked to and without hesitation

Negatives
- Vulture
- Not anchoring up and getting isolated

Takeaways
- Don't fit a ship for PvP, fit a hangar for PvP.
- You don't have to only fly doctrine ships. There are opportunities to fly all sorts of ships as long as you are ok with losing it.
- Our enemies come in much blingier ships than what we usually fly, theory craft what you can use to counter it and then try it out. The ultra heavy tackle prophecy was a planned response to engaging a nightmare which they had been bringing around a lot recently.
- If you don't anchor up when asked to then you will be the first target
- Patience when setting a trap pays off
- Don't get too cocky just because you got a few wins on the board
- People drop caps, it happens.
- Don't be a vulture!
Mongo the Mechanic

Re: [AAR] A day in the life of NSC

Post by Mongo the Mechanic »

I suggest that we pop vultures from now on.