[WHC][SS][LS] Escalating and YOLO

Conci Furiram
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate

[WHC][SS][LS] Escalating and YOLO

Post by Conci Furiram »

Evening starts like any other evening: quiet, sneaking around hunting rabbits. While doing chain maintenance, I passed by the Q-chain to see 2 Fortizars, Tatara, and several Astrahus--and 2 pilots in the Fortizar. There's rabbits here. This AAR is about the multiple fights with our Q-chain neighbors as the evening went by.

While later, I heard Stratios and Oracle in Innuendo. I grabbed an Enyo to try for the Oracle. Ended warping around Innuendo and checking different holes. When I passed through Q, they woke up and undocked a Retribution. We had only 4 in fleet: myself, Roxane Barviainen, Lucius Septimus Severus, and Flack Keikira. So we formed up SS: Roxane, Lucius in Inquisitors, Flack in Comet, and myself in Firetail.

[SS] Small Ships

I wanted to secure the Retribution while others were going through session changes; went into Q early to tackle the Retri. Ended up on grid with a Raven at 0km and the Retribution orbiting at 30km.

Round 1: 2xInquisitors, Comet, Firetail vs Retribution, Raven

I messed up timing and got into low armor before Lucius and Roxane made it in. Had to jump out and listen as Flack popped Raven drones and Logi tanked. Roxane was capped out by the Raven and that ended the first round as Lucius had to jump back. Fight was over before my polarization. We went back to ALI to repair while local chimed up.
[01:29:09] kudra > gf, you're done?
[01:29:19] Conci Furiram > gotta rep structure
[01:29:30] Conci Furiram > brt
Round 2:
[01:30:46] EVE System > Channel changed to Local : J103731
We came back grouped as four and jumped in. Flying the Firetail, I was watching for moments the Retri came too close. We stuck to killing Raven drones again whenever they were in space. After a few passes, Retri came within 20km and went for scram-web. With Flack OH guns right behind me and my own heat, we had him low armor when Lucius popped--again due to Roxane being capped out. With single logi, we tried to trade the Retri but he reached the WH with a sliver of structure :(
[01:36:51] EVE System > Channel changed to Local : J211936
[01:37:39] masonk > gf
[01:38:32] Conci Furiram > gf
The Retri pilot sneaked back and grabbed a Scythe Fleet Issue while Lucius reshipped. The Raven pilot came back with a Rattlesnake. Both are ships that can DPS through Inquisitor reps; time to upship!

[LS] Light Shield

We formed up Roxane in Stabber, Lucius in Bellicose, Flack in Scythe, and myself in Ferox. The upship was noticed :)

Round 3: Stabber, Bellicose, Ferox, Scythe vs Scythe Fleet, Rattlesnake
[01:47:28] kudra > seriously? 4V2 and you are upshipping?
[01:47:47] Conci Furiram > we cant fight scyfi with frigs
[01:48:12] EVE System > Channel changed to Local : J103731
Sent in scram+web+MWD Stabber-so-fast first to check if ScyFI stuck around (we're operating without eyes or alts the whole evening!). It was close enough that Roxane grabbed him and we pounced. The Rattlesnake was at 100km so it left quickly after the ScyFI went poof. We sat and waited for their response.

[01:56:47] EVE System > Channel changed to Local : J211936
[01:57:12] kudra > getting 4. you leaving?
[02:04:41] Conci Furiram > lots of waiting :/
While waiting, we had marlinspike von Crendraven in Hurricane and Hannah Onasi in Ferox join us. After telling them to bring it, they brought in a fleet.
[02:14:10] Roxane Barviainen > we wont fight on the other side
[02:14:30] Roxane Barviainen > the highsec exit is here
[02:14:42] kudra > kk
Round 4: 2xFerox, Hurricane, Bellicose, Stabber, Scythe vs Typhoon, Hurricane, Arazu, Ishtar, Maller

In jumps hull Typhoon and AC Hurricane. Lucius got caught by the RHML clip and left to reship in third Ferox. In comes more things: Ishtar, Arazu, and brick Maller.

LOTS OF GLORIOUS PRACTICE IN RANGE CONTROL.

Maller and Ishtar attempted to rush us while we rained as much heated DPS on the Arazu. After he got pushed out, I forgot to call to close range! :( We ended up with Ferox and Hurricane fighting at 60km the rest of the fight.

We gloriously put their ships into hull while dancing around the hole. With no one left on grid, we called it a night.

Ending:

They rolled with two Ravens protected by a Sabre and Magus. GFs everywhere!
[02:31:19] Conci Furiram > cheers o7
[02:31:25] Sebesto > o7

Battle Report: https://br.inyour.space/?s=1001382,1000 ... 0&e=90&t=e
Flack Keikira
Title: Freshman

Re: [WHC][SS][LS] Escalating and YOLO

Post by Flack Keikira »

Learned a lot about the Comet's role in small encounters, mostly by doing it wrong. If you think you're a catalyst facemelt pilot and you are adapting to comets or enyos, tape the following to your forehead:

1. Your ecm drones are the whole ballgame.
2. Why is your neut not on right now?
3. Null, not void if you need to shoot drones. (Or antimatter?)
Tori Moliko
Title: Graduate, Student Advocate, WHC Logistics Officer

Re: [WHC][SS][LS] Escalating and YOLO

Post by Tori Moliko »

Nice write-up, Conci. I think I got home right as you guys were wrapping up.
Image Image Image Image Image