Laser Skaron
Mike Kingswell
Phileas Levesque
Pink Kondur
Tolerin Escipion
Zeon Alabel
averoth trojan
Kills and Losses

It all started with me arriving late home, so I actually had to refit our ships during form up. This is of course always distracting. Because of that I didn't pay enough attention.

We had the entirety of REVOLUTION actively BLOPsing when we formed, completely underestimating that they can do something else than just station games, I carelessly warped fleet to gate, they brought some ceptor or slicers to tackle us on gate i believe and since we couldnt warp off, their blops fleet and nidhoggurs arrived, etc. etc.

First mistake, NEVER be careless. Mistake -> FC.
Second mistake, burning off gate when knowing what happens is a bit dumb from my side. instead of burning away from gate, i should have burned towards the gate. Mistake -> FC.
Third mistake, I could also have solved this the elegant way and be vocal to my blackbird to jam those frigate idiots and fleet warp us out, BUT... Mistake -> FC.

What wasn't possible was to take the fight, because we would get the same amount of bodies against us, but this time in battleships + probably couple of their alts in capitals. the way i handled the situation is just so newbro. apologies my friends.

(19:37:50) Abune, Oinasiken
Augoror -14.61m
Vexor -34.76m
Executioner -4.87m

we than saved up waiting for the russians to cool down, as we were warping off to continue our roam a cookie scout landed on our citadel and short after the entirety of cookies warped into us again, we lost one person to cookies, who got very unfortunate to get caught.

(19:46:31) Abune, Pynekastoh
Capsule -0.01m
Celestis -30.92m
Capsule -0.01m

Looking at the late form up, the careless handling of the undock situation, and prospect of having to navigate around 40-50 cookies once more, I called fleet to disband.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: -85,447,975.21
ISK Delta: -85,447,975.21
Efficiency: 0.000%

PS: Props to Tolerin who took over scouting in one of his first fleets right away. That was awesome, even I didn't do it after quite a few fleets ^^ Thanks Tolerin.

I later killed one of the Russians for revange, but he was only in a Tristan. At least that.
Phileas Levesque

Re: [AAR] Unsuccessful Vexor Fleet

Post by Phileas Levesque »

The evening started well. I was fitting my Celestis in Dodixie, just before heading to Heydelies, when unusually high green numbers appeared near my Wallet. That was Alexander who bought me a lot of Medium anti-explosive Pump ;) And these things are quite expensive these days, the demand has raised with the current event.

Witnessing Alexander buying my stuff and bring it to Heydelies from Dodixie could only have been a fun ( and lucrative ) detail but I think it reminds us a point : for each fleet, there is an important work with organisation and logistics. So thank you for that, Alexander. And if you need some kind of help ( like a shipment of medium anti-explosive pump at a decent price :wink: ) , don't hesitate.

Concerning the roam itself, well, it was fast. But I'm a newbie and my purpose is to learn, and I did learn in failure.

From Celestis side, I almost died directly after undocking. I was red-boxed by this typhoon, and I lost my shield and all my armor. Fortunately my damps made him lose his grip, then logi repaired me.

I think I also made a big mistake during the ambush at the gate. Some of us were pointed, and I used 2 damps on each ceptor ( there were a stiletto and another one ) . I think it made them lose their locks, but then I warped away, and if I have delayed my warp, maybe everyone would have survived ? Is this the kind of thing that is asked from a Celestis ? Something like "be the last to leave grid" ?

The good thing is the Cookies punished me hard for that mistake a few minutes later. I didn't leave the grid at all, and boom. And this time, my overview was working, so I could see them. And didn't like what I saw, there were many of them, with many expensive ships.

We should bring the Cookies to the Russians next time, take the bets, and eat popcorns.
Pink Kondur

Post by Pink Kondur »

Phileas is right, props to Alexander for providing us with fitted ships for all of his fleets! A huge deal of this stuff (not limited to Alexaners' fleets) goes on behind the scenes so it is good to point it out from time to time, as people might not realize what goes into properly organizing a fleet.

This is not a complaint, just a short rehash of what was said together with my opinion on the matter:
I generally like these cruiser fleets as they provide a different view on PVP compared to the mobile frigs/dessies we usually take out. As i have most relevant skills up to a decent level, and can afford to lose them, this is a good learning experience for me should i want to do some PVP with biger stuff in the future. I also enjoy flying logi from time to time and a cruiser fleet is much more forgiving on logi than a frigate fleet. That said I would like to point out that after the losses we were contemplating on these monday fleets. General thoughts on mumble seemed to be 'fly small stuff on mondays' because we can avoid the cookie roams (and maybe increased russian activity?) more easily. Add to this most newbro's are probably more likely to have skilled up the relevant frigate skills rather than cruisers maybe we should stick to frig/dessie fleets on monday?
This is currently my opinion as well at least untill we get some more numbers which should happen somewhere throughout september. With all this said, i'd rahter have a fight and lose half a fleet in the first few jumps than return home without a fight (although carrier dropping and smartbombing russians can't really be called a [fair] fight)

Alexander, jump count this time was *drummroll*: 1 :D

Looking forward to flying with you guys on wednesday o7
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Alexander Oromov »

@ Phileas

1. It is indeed pretty cool to be so close to a trade hub and pretty convenient to go shopping before fleet.

2. Your two damps on the two ceptors each would have indeed saved the fleet. First, you shouldn't have warped away and second, you should have told me on comms that you have both ceptors damped down (assuming you had lock range scripts loaded). I did ask in fleet if we were good to fleet warp away, but I didn't get a response, so I didn't warp us off. To your question, no you don't need to warp off first, and not stay last in a Celestis, because as the third option FC should warp fleet out cohesively.

3. If you didn't warp out on the cookie gang, the only thing you could do is to let them all engage you and sacrifice your armor so all of them can agress. just when you are barely holding, jump through and than (1) hope all of them aggressed and (2) if still one or two of those guys came through to try again with your damps and to warp off. of course have to be careful to not get booshed away by those micro jump drive command destroyers.
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Alexander Oromov »

@Pink

Yes Pink, T1 cruisers nowadays don't really perform well. they are slow, have difficulties to apply, and are in general easy to catch and fight with all the HAC, nano, assault frig, BC, BS, and capital fleets around. The reason why I went one size up is because we are stuck for about 3 months flying frigates and I wanted to offer something new to you guys - looking for a bit of change up.

at the moment, i'm exhausted and don't see what else i can offer. the interest for the fleets i post is minor. of the almost 40 fleets I've run upon rejoining we never really exceeded more than a dozen people which reflects the interest level. that's actually a bit bad for a corp of 1'400 folks and doesn't put me in a very good light. also people who seldom FC have gotten almost 2, 3, even 4 times the numbers in the past.

over the months, it has been stated on a consistent basis that my views and ways are not shared at best. be it stagings, fits, ways of trading, ways of scouting, and other stuff. this is probably also one of the reasons why we fly in the small group that we are.

thinking of next steps, but stepping aside and letting other / new fc's take over might actually be our best bet to once again get increased participation in e-uni pvp fleets going.
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Biwako Acami »

Activity numbers during summer is a roller coaster ride and its not something that only affects lowsec fleets. Despite the number of members we have, not all of them undock to do PvP. But FCs like you who create content can still instill a change even if it is subtle. When I started out as an AMC member it was the first structure bash in NSC that drew me to PvP and life in dangerous space. It didn't turn out like we'd hoped, mostly getting wiped out by third parties who saw the reddit post about the structure but they did kill the structure for us.

I would rename the AAR to Unfortunate Vexor Fleet, because if you got people to form up and undock then its a success. Circumstances around what happens after you undock is just EVE being EVE.
Just a humble scout
Pink Kondur

Post by Pink Kondur »

Alexander Oromov wrote: thinking of next steps, but stepping aside and letting other / new fc's take over might actually be our best bet to once again get increased participation in e-uni pvp fleets going.

I for one really enjoy your fleets and the way you lead them, so please don't stop doing them unless you don't feel like FC'ing anymore :)