Phileas Levesque - Celestis
Torg Navatin - Augoror
Vladimir Antonovich - Augoror, Punisher
Won Trild Trild - Rupture
Xivik Skord - Malediction
Zoltan Irvam - Augoror
averoth trojan - Vexor
Kills and Losses

2 Vexor's were shooting a ANI. We grabbed the ANI and Vexor's buggered off.

(19:32:58) Vlillirier
Augoror Navy Issue +96.25m

No content was to be found, we warped to Akidagi and landed on a HCOOK fleet, we waited, they jumped, we cross-jumped, we set up in a medium but didn't have enough time to get into proper position, and even if we had the time, it wouldn't have mattered much anyways. a gazillion of stuff got into us. we got a deacon into low armor and that's about all that happened from our side. we lost most of fleet and blew up most of our ships and in return we found out that mallers don't track anything that's brawly and small sized.

(19:54:03) Aivonen, Akidagi
Malediction -51.9m
Augoror -14.07m
Capsule -0.01m
Augoror -14.26m
Augoror -29.67m
Arbitrator -17.53m
Arbitrator -16.42m
Maller -37.84m
Atron -5.77m
Augoror -14.67m
Celestis -24.82m
Omen -29.45m
Maller -25.97m
Maller -25.67m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -20.5m
Vexor -36.23m
Maller -20.38m

We reshipped into frigates, went one jump and got turbo dunked on once again, we were too scattered around, only 5 of the 14 people still in fleet were with us. Whelp #2.

(20:23:40) Nennamaila
Federation Navy Comet -32.03m
Punisher -9.57m
Punisher -7.49m

Some of us were lost in after fleet action.

(20:34:16) Nennamaila
Rupture -19.75m
Capsule -0.01m

Some of us tried to reach Heydieles, but got shot by 2x Tornado station campers.

(20:40:51) Aldranette, Heydieles
Atron -6.28m
Osprey -18.11m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 96,250,192.64
ISK Lost: 478,420,429.4
ISK Delta: -382,170,236.76
Efficiency: 16.749%

Overall evaluation
  • better numbers than last time, Xivik did great scouting, really enjoyed that
    we are slowly blowing up the free ships we were given by a anonymous donor ^^
    It was a classic Cookie Monday whelp to HCOOK and there is nothing that we can do about their numbers and SP than avoid them even more

FC is the worst! first, i shouldn't have taken the fight with the cruisers (because the outcome was certain, but i kind of took it because it was the most uneventful fleet ever, all systems were empty) and second i shouldn't have taken the fight with the frigates (because I knew it's only 5 on grid, but i waited quite a bit, because i was expecting a 10 vs 10 fight with our guys sliding into the plex, but apparently, we didn't have 10, but only 5 with no-one outside of the plex)
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] 19:00 NOP Armor Cruisers - 13th August

Post by Alexander Oromov »

and the sad thing, this was my 30th LSC fleet and it was the worst fleet so far #derp :o
Drebin 679
Coordinator
Title: Freshman

Post by Drebin 679 »

Despite being turbodunked twice, it was a fun fleet to take part in! I liked that I tinkered with my arbitrator before joining the fleet, changing things based on how I would be fighting. Didn't make much of a difference in the end :p

Regarding jumps survived, we made it 19 jumps from Stacmon. Mike Kingswell was the winner with 18, and will win... things he bought to give away to the bid winner. He'll have then for next week.

A second raffle was held to see who could guess our ISK efficiency ratio. I won by guessing 28% (Alexander guessed 3% :p), and was rewarded with a 666,666 ISK bounty and a Merlin SKIN from Mike.

And for this being the worst ISK ratio of 30 fleets, let's consider this a closing of the FC Alexander Oromov book, and the opening of FC Officer Oromov book :)
Former Incursion Coordinator & Wiki Curator
Image Image Image
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Drebin 679 wrote:Despite being turbodunked twice, it was a fun fleet to take part in!
I second this.
Personally I liked us taking on a fight even though we were not sure if we could come out of it. You learn nothing by just picking sure wins and easy enemies. And somtimes you just have to watch your ship explode and enjoy the fireworks!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Alexander Oromov

Thanks guys, was definitely in need of some encouraging words, I was a bit angry about myself taking those fights.

Looking forward to a better fleet next time with more content and less cookies.

Adrien's contract is out, he will get a brand new Combat Suite.
Zoltan Irvam
Title: Teacher, Freshman

Post by Zoltan Irvam »

Hi,

obviously HCOOK is hosting a german free for all lowsec roam each monday at 1800 - which found us this time... So this was probably the reason for:

- not a lot of peeps out
- their numbers

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/black-ri ... eets/92582

PS: not sure if we really could avoid this fight... unless we had started bailing at first sight of the bait BS...

Zoltan
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Personally I would have also take that fight to try this Maller setup since it is new for us and we are still trying to learn the capacity. The call for not taking the fight at gate but forcing them into the FW Complex was the right one, but it caused some problems due to CCP. We jumped and I Think half of the fleet reported buggy overview and interface. Here I should have speak up and inform the FC about that but I just typed in fleet but it would be best if i speak up to inform the FC. That caused the whelping of fleet since people just could not adapt this blank overview and interface. So we need to take our revenge next monday then !
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
averoth trojan
Title: Freshman

Post by averoth trojan »

yeah, like mike said, quite a nice fleet, even with the whelping. it's nice to see how long cruisers last on grid (was uber surprised to see how long tmy vexor lasted on grid), to see what you can take down, etc, so no feeling bad alexander, thx for showing us new things, LSC combat officer you xD

ersin, as far as the ccp shit bug goes, i did speak up in mumble cuz i saw the frantic fleet chat and figured alex won't have time to see it, but i'll make a point of yelling something like ALERT ALERT next time :))) but to be fair, i don't think it wouldve made too much of a difference, was too late to warp to a station i think, and i for one could still target through the fleet history so i just anchored on alex and got the primaries, not much different from a normal overview fight; was just a bit annoying cuz i couldnt see how many ships were on grid, who the potential primaries are, how close we are from them, etc, so the learning part was f*cked, but the result was probably similar imho.

cya at the next one and thx again!
Phileas Levesque

Post by Phileas Levesque »

As said by others, I don't think the whelping is a problem. After all, Cookies did to us what we did to that poor Augoror. We're looking for interesting fights rather than PVE-innocent ship murders, don't we ? :P ( what ? no one is innocent in EvE ?? )

The overview bug was the problem. I didn't understand what was happening at all, couldn't target anything at all... So I can't say I learned much during that fight, and it was very frustrating, I'm sure we could have done "better" without that. By better, I don't mean winning that fight, but maybe eating a few cookies before dying.

Q : I use the new Overview, was it the case of all people who suffered from this bug ? How about those who didn't get the bug ?

Assuming we will meet the cookies, maybe next time we should be fitted for anti-frigate duty ? Not sure what that implies, though. We should try to do better. ( well, that will not be difficult to do better :wink: )

Q : And it leads me to a question : we know they have many Enyo's, so would a Blackbird with the gallente racial jammers be interesting in that case ? As a Celestis, I would have been pretty useless against short-ranged assault frigates, even with a working Overview...

Alexander, like the previous one, the fleet was quite well-organised, and I like this cruiser size.
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Phileas Levesque wrote: Q : I use the new Overview, was it the case of all people who suffered from this bug ? How about those who didn't get the bug ?
I use the new Overview and did not have any bugs.
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Post by Torg Navatin »

Quick report from logi's perspective on the HCOOKie-cutting: they melted us extremely fast. Unfortunately my log rolled over, but I could swear we're talking 10-15 seconds for an Augoror, max.

The main issue was that we didn't have time to set up, and were still in rocket range. Plus, they were really focusing fire. I think I didn't even manage to overheat my hardeners (melted within a cycle or two). Maybemaybemaybe if we had been totally on the ball with staggered reps on the primary we may have had a chance, but we would probably never had a chance to cycle reps quickly enough when they'd have switched aggro.
ImageImage
Alexander Oromov

Torg, thanks a lot for the logistics perspective, those are great insights and I think we can learn from them. First and foremost, we didn't have enough time to set up properly. It might have gone a bit better if we had the time.

Phileas, you can never be sure what you will be fighting on a roam, so Blackbird and Celestis are a fine choice. Sometimes it's perfectly useful, sometimes not so perfectly, but still, the Celestis would have been amazing with targeting range scripts on the deacon logistics.

Ships on frigate duty would be Caracals, Vexors, Stabbers. We definitely can try to fight them again in different ships, I am however more concerned about headcount, rather than ship types.

And thanks for the compliment Phileas. Very much appreciated.

averoth, thanks a lot for the feedback and sorry i didn't hear you. apparently you did report the overview issues, but somehow it didnt come through. next time yell ahead until I listen. I also think that most people probably knew how to target from the overview, but i also believe the bug did cause some people to panic and not apply their dps. so, the outcome might have been the same, with maybe one or maybe two kills on our side if we had overheated right away.

Ersin, good last words: "I think we need to take revenge next monday than". I think that's the spirit Ersin! 8)
Captain Cean

Post by Captain Cean »

Some Tipps from Retired Cookie FC
Alexander Oromov wrote: Ships on frigate duty would be Caracals, Vexors, Stabbers. We definitely can try to fight them again in different ships, I am however more concerned about headcount, rather than ship types.

Caracals are not the Best choice cause you have limited burst damage and T2 Frigates have a massive Tank (ADC+High Restiance) so they can often just hold the burst dmg or even when you burst 1 logi you dont have DPS left to kill another ship usally and you will die in the reload.

Vexor should be a realy nice call, Stabbers will proably just burn cause they are to thin.

Another important Fact in fights like this is YOU ARE THE LARGER ONE'S. You have nearly no chanche to out run or out track Frigate Guns so you should focus to maximise damage in Fights like this Dont orbit the target just standstill in you optimal range and put as much webs as possible on the primary.
If you Orbit them you just help them cause your own speed let them speed tank you.

Frigate Gangs with this Fire Power are a nightmare for Logi not cause of the DPS, cause of the Fast cycling weapons and high scan resolution. They can just switch 2 Targets and decycle guns before logi have lock them. So broadcast early Frigates can just lock limited ammount of targets so if you are locked you already broadcasted for secondary target

For Target Switching the Logi Frigates we use are uselay boosted with deadspace reps that means even without overheat they have rep cycles below 2 seconds. So that means if you see a ship start holding reps (as soon as the HP bar start grow) you should already have broadcasted secondary and instantly switch, you cant DPS between Frigate Reps cause they rep faster then you Shoot.

And you should often switch targets -> Limited target locks on logi frigates

Also Neuts are pretty annoying for the Logi Frigates -> Cause they have Frigate Cap

Also for the Blackbird Question -> This aren't enyos this are ishkurs -> Drone boats, i Designed that Fleet to Counter the most Ewar. So if you bring ECM the FC will Proably call the ECM Boat as Drone Target (If you are Faraway) and contine Shooting with the Guns the Mainfleet. You just cant out run this setup cause that is what it was Designed for. You need to Brawl it.

P.S. my English Still Sucks :D
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Thanks that’s great insight and your English is great - o7
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage