Slasher -2m
Vexor -42.8m
Vexor -20.2m

Stats
ISK Lost – 98.35m

Overall Thoughts

✔ (Positive stuff)
1 – Kotor scouted for the first time ever and was quick to learn and execute
2 - This was the first I had to learn to think as an FC (Thanks for all the help Mongo and Nys)
3 – Although I welped us, everyone seemed happy enough
4 – Again Mongo and Nys were super helpful in terms of thought process and what should happen and I gained an appreciation for FCing, the thought process behind it, and hopefully it will be the first of many to learn more and hopefully one day become competent!

✘ (Negative stuff)
1 – We were welped by a Slepnir and two armageddons
2 – I'm still clueless when it comes to FC
3 – I realised how little I still really know and that I need to make a more concious effort to learn all the different ships, their capabilities and on what grounds you need to engage them

Summary

The fleet came about a bit ad hoc-ly as we decided to try do a roam and try find something. Kotor volunteered to take on fleet scout and Mongo kindly offered to help me learn a bit about being an FC. We decided to roam down M2-CF1 and loop around Y9G-KS. Things were mostly quiet until we arrived in A-Z.

Kotor identified 15 in local but most people docked. We had the idea for him to poke their home stations to try draw them out into a fight. As we drew a Slepnir out we decided to pull back into 5-TOPZ and see if we could engage on the gate as we were followed into the system. We knew going in that it would be a tough fit but as we were brawl fit we decided to give it a try.

The Slepnir came into the system. Kotor hero tackled quickly and we overheated weapons to try burn through the active shield. Unfortunately before we could make much progress 2 Armageddons jumped into the system and made quick work of pointing and neuting us. We dropped quickly one by one but I think everyone had fun and I most certainly learned a lot from the whole roam.

In retrospect pulling back further system may have reduced the time for the Armageddons to get to us or stopped them completely. I think if we were to do it again that would have helped but I still think it was right to engage to see what would happen and to get more experience in PVP.

Thanks again guys and appreciate the guidance!
Mongo the Mechanic

Re: AAR -Ad Hoc Learning Roam in NSC

Post by Mongo the Mechanic »

I just wanted to give props to Puzzled and Kotor for taking on the roles that they did. This was an excellent learning opportunity and a prime example of what the NSC should be doing as much as possible, learning how to fight and roam in Nullsec.

I hope others try their hand out at getting out into the thick of it like they did.