Venturelition Derby (2018-03-25)

Atomsk Agittain
Title: Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TM™, Sophomore

Venturelition Derby (2018-03-25)

Post by Atomsk Agittain »

This was an attempt to create a version of the HSC Fight Club at AMC with an AMC twist, and I would like to tank eveyone who came out for it.

How it went
Round 1 JohnPlayerNotSpecial vs KevinDogguide (winner Kevin)
Round 2 Atomsk Agittain vs Comeonnnn Sparsid (winner Comeonnnn)
Championship round KevinDogguide vs Comeonnnn Sparsid (winner Comeonnnn)

What should I have done better. First and biggest thing, was I forgot to check ship loadouts, and Comeonnnn had T2 fittings on his ship, and while this ultimately didn't effect the way prizes were allocated this may have changed the actual outcome of the game.

Second, I didn't take into account EWAR, as everyone is in a venture you know which jammer to bring and then it is whoever locks and get the jam off first as the venture has a resit of like 4. So for future games no EWAR, it isn't super fun when you can't effect the other ship.

Third, was I didn't take into account at odd number of people, and thus didn't have my own ship to put in the fight.

Would I do it again, yes, with improvements. Will this reoccur often, no, not because the turnout was small but because if there are a bunch of venture kills laying around on Zkill then more people are going to wander in trying to shoot at miners.