Spoiler
Darth Galifreia
De W Javqe
Erwin Madelung
O'Hearn
Pink Pineapple
Tye Etch (Scout)
Yrgrasil
This time we had no Wormhole to some other Region, so i planned some route to nearby Syndicate, sadly we had some early DC in the beginning and the fleet start was a bit slower than i like it (still fine).

On the way to the southern Cluster we got gate camped by some guys around 35-RK9 with some ceptor, sabre and at least a Brutix Navy. We somehow tried to escape them, and as far as i remember Erwin got lost and couldn't make it. So we had our first loss.

Kills and Losses
(15:01:28) 35-RK9
Dragoon -10.1m
Capsule -0.01m

Since we had no way out of the pockets, we moved forward to the intended route. And our scout found a Dominix ratting in an Belt, after he got point, we warped into him. Warping back and forth with the catalysts worked quite nicely and finally we killed him. No idea why i actually engaged him, if that one would've been an PvP fitted Domi or probably had at least some serious tank we would've died there all i guess :D

At around the same time we lost a mate in some other system, and he died to the mentioned Gatecampers we met before.

Here is the Part in Form of a Video: https://youtu.be/0JEAxsjuoMI
Since i stronly dislike my own voice i recommend to mute the audio :D

(15:14:35) U4-Q2V, 6-U2M8
Dominix +194.29m
Catalyst -7.34m
Capsule -0.01m

Since we checked most of the pocket we headed back, i was already pretty sure that we couldn't escape, so we just warped in and killed the Sabre.

- Need to make some more target rules, we had some guy which couldn't reach the Sabre intime, but was actually on top of a Interceptor, maybe with a bit more experience we could've got also this kill.

(15:23:59) IIRH-G
Catalyst -13.14m
Sabre +92.98m
Catalyst -7.51m
Catalyst -7.56m
Catalyst -7.01m
Capsule -0.79m
Capsule -0.79m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

All wanted to do another run, so we went into some new Catalysts/Derpatrons and checked the last ~40minutes the northern Cluster. On the way we were engaged by some Filthy Guys which could kill our Scout, i fleetwarped the rest to a Safe and sadly one of us warped shortly before to me since he was stuck before in some other system. Since he landed on them, he had no chance to bail and got also killed.

We played than a bit this annoying game of kiting and splitting with them, but got at some point out and reformed.

(15:40:06) 97X-CH
Atron -3.71m
Catalyst -7.52m

Next our Scout engaged a Retribution on a Gate but got scrammed and therefore killed shortly before we jumped into the system. We couldn't catch him either.

(16:01:34) T-LIWS
Atron -3.26m

In some system we had only a Belt on the Probe Scanner where i warped the fleet into, it was also bubbled so we landed about ~50 ? Km off a skiff, since there was nothing interesting elsewhere we burned for him, and for some reason he didn't bailed... I assume he was stuck on some Piece of Ore, but well, free Skiff kill.

(16:06:50) KTHT-O
Skiff +267.02m

Afterwards nothing happens on the way back.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 554,291,046
ISK Lost: 68,761,278.68
ISK Delta: 485,529,767.32
Efficiency: 88.964%

- Fleet was surprisingly successful in my eyes, especially for Syndicate
- The gate camps were still annoying
- The warpoff on taking damage was working good
- I assume i was not clear enough on the routes/commands etc, so we got several times splitted up.

Thanks all for coming :)
Last edited by Yrgrasil on 2018.03.18 02:04, edited 2 times in total.
Tye Etch
Title: Sophomore

Re: [FLEET] Solitude Iskalysts - [2018-03-17T14:00]

Post by Tye Etch »

Thanks again for the fleet YRG, very enjoyable.

Pleased with the Domi kill, think it's my first successful kill as a scout \o/

Legitimately can't remember my first loss, did I do some thing silly?

Still a bit bitter about the second, if my tank held a few seconds longer i think the fleet would have made it in time, may try capsule baiting the next time.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Tye Etch wrote:Thanks again for the fleet YRG, very enjoyable.

Pleased with the Domi kill, think it's my first successful kill as a scout \o/

Legitimately can't remember my first loss, did I do some thing silly?

Still a bit bitter about the second, if my tank held a few seconds longer i think the fleet would have made it in time, may try capsule baiting the next time.
Nah first kill was fine, we were a bit slow with the fleet warp etc, i probably shouldn't have waited until everyone got out of the bubble, actually i think we really need a second scout which can take over in these situations. The second loss was just unlucky that he got you into scram range, else you would probably had survived i guess. But still its an Atron after all, maybe i can build some more tanky version for you and other scouts in this fleet actually.
Erwin Madelung
BANNED
BANNED
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Erwin Madelung »

Thank you for the fleet. I think it was very successful and we learned a lot.

Code: Select all

We somehow tried to escape them, and as far as i remember Erwin got lost and couldn't make it. So we had our first loss.
We tried to engage that Brutix he kited away. So you fleet warped up to a save. I didn't recall my drones in time. After we were at teh safe I warped back to get my drones. Brutix was there again (or still). I took my drones and jumped through the gate so that I don't die. Warped off there and docked.
Then I was too impatient and wanted to team up with you again. So I try to move though that gate again and they killed me. You can see the people on my killmail. Waht got me in the end was the long scramble range of the garmur I think because I was able to escape the bubble.
Overall my errors were: I put drones out when I shouldn't have (yet), I went back for them, and I was to impatient with the rejoining. Should have just sit that out a bit. I blame my eaalier disconnect so my mind wasn't fully with the fleet yet.
Since we checked most of the pocket we headed back, i was already pretty sure that we couldn't escape, so we just warped in and killed the Sabre.
I really like the ISKalysts. They really deserve their name as they trade incredible well.
We played than a bit this annoying game of kiting and splitting with them, but got at some point out and reformed.
Here we didn't kill anything. But I think we learned something about splitting up and so on.

Looking forward to the next fleet.

PS: The miner kill was juicy but not a lot to be learned from I guess. Except they had a bubble up. Would it be better to ping before dropping on a belt? Probably not. All other miner were already gone when we landed. So pinging around might be even worse.
Yrgrasil

Post by Yrgrasil »

Added the video for the domi part in the AAR

https://youtu.be/0JEAxsjuoMI

Since i stronly dislike my own voice i recommend to mute the audio :D
Pink Pineapple
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Solitude Iskalysts - [2018-03-17T14:00]

Post by Pink Pineapple »

Thank you everyone for the fleet! Was lots of fun, and I learnt a whole bunch.
Was my second ever fleet (1st one was the 14th anniversary fireworks one).
Hopefully I didn't mess up too much!

I was definitely that guy on top of the interceptor :cry:
Definitely noticed it (Interceptor), but decided to focus on the Sabre, despite being completely out of my reach.
Agreed, we would have gotten the kill if I had given the situation a little more thought!

Really glad I stayed up for this one :D
~Pink Pineapple
O'Hearn

Post by O'Hearn »

This was my second fleet with you, Yrgrasil. This one was much more comfortable for me. The pace takes some getting used to. I don't know if that's a null sec thing or an Yrgrasil thing. :)

I think you handled random newbros disappearing off to wrong systems well. Both DW and I had weird moments where we ended up in the wrong system with no idea how it happened. I think we both blamed faulty ship AI. Actually, I suspect it was accidental D-click in the overview.

It didn't sound like you were enjoying the cat and mouse with the Saber/Ares multiboxer, but I found it very exciting. Again, I saw how big a deal it is to know what enemy ships are capable of. When the Ares was kiting us, I thought I could predict his arc and cut him off. But you insisted that we anchor, and that probably saved our lives, because if I had managed to cut him off, I'd have been isolated, which was exactly what he was fishing for.

The problem of Mumble chattiness in fights didn't happen this time. I think that's because you warned against it during the newbro talk, and it helped a lot. I found it much easier to focus during fights, and felt like I contributed meaningfully to two of the kills.

Oh, and someone died because they warped to you at the wrong moment. That was a lesson. I've heard "Don't warp onto a fleet member without asking first", and this was a good demonstration of why not.

Good fun, glad I joined in, will come again. :)
Yrgrasil

Post by Yrgrasil »

wow, lots of response :o
Erwin Madelung wrote: PS: The miner kill was juicy but not a lot to be learned from I guess. Except they had a bubble up. Would it be better to ping before dropping on a belt? Probably not. All other miner were already gone when we landed. So pinging around might be even worse.
I think that was the right choice to go there directly, we had also Hulks on Dscan, where i think that these got out even before we landed, if we had pinged we would probably have also missed the skiff at all. Most people panic if there lands a fleet on grid, i wouldn't be suprised if that guy has tried to get out of the Belt before and panic clicked the warp button as we landed instead of moving away.
Pink Pineapple wrote: I was definitely that guy on top of the interceptor :cry:
Definitely noticed it (Interceptor), but decided to focus on the Sabre, despite being completely out of my reach.
Agreed, we would have gotten the kill if I had given the situation a little more thought!
Don't stress it, its a Uni fleet, we're allowed to do things like this. We learn from it :D I will probably add some "What if the target is too far away" Section to my Newbro speech, since i'am sure you will not be the last in this situation.
O'Hearn wrote: This was my second fleet with you, Yrgrasil. This one was much more comfortable for me. The pace takes some getting used to. I don't know if that's a null sec thing or an Yrgrasil thing. :)

I think you handled random newbros disappearing off to wrong systems well. Both DW and I had weird moments where we ended up in the wrong system with no idea how it happened. I think we both blamed faulty ship AI. Actually, I suspect it was accidental D-click in the overview.
I think the pace of the fleet will result in people who get lost, i need to find a way to hold the people together in the future. But i don't want to change the speed, i like it burning through systems and finding these lonely guys in their anoms or belts. But normally i play Logi in these fleets...
O'Hearn wrote:It didn't sound like you were enjoying the cat and mouse with the Saber/Ares multiboxer, but I found it very exciting. Again, I saw how big a deal it is to know what enemy ships are capable of. When the Ares was kiting us, I thought I could predict his arc and cut him off. But you insisted that we anchor, and that probably saved our lives, because if I had managed to cut him off, I'd have been isolated, which was exactly what he was fishing for.
Yes i didn't enjoyed this very much (i'am not the biggest fan of kiting at all), on the other side i think this was a nice lesson actually. And as you all were anchored i tried it 2-3 Times to get this guy, i just don't wanted that anyone tries it on their own, because of the isolating thingy you already mentioned.
O'Hearn wrote: Oh, and someone died because they warped to you at the wrong moment. That was a lesson. I've heard "Don't warp onto a fleet member without asking first", and this was a good demonstration of why not.
That was probably a too general advice, if we're not in combat etc its perfectly fine to warp to a member, but my information was that he was still one jump ahead, and so i didn't even considered the option that someone was on the way to us before i fleet warped away.

Thanks for the huge amount of Feedback! I appreciate it.
De W Javqe

Post by De W Javqe »

A little behind on AAR, but ok... This was quite the fun! It was at least more fun than the Kitchen Sink Frigs that you did last week(you weren't bad, it's just that we didn't get alot of kills) this was alot more fun!

It is kinda sad that my time zone don't allow most Events and Fleet ops to be available to me unless I wake up at 4am, so this is quite refreshing! It is a much more accessible 11PM start.

This was alot more fleshed out because of the more organized Mumble chat, and overall it was alot more refreshing. The panic level can be felt, but it was alot more calm because OUR GREAT FLEET COMMANDER OF GREATNESS-NESS (XD) was good at keeping the panic level down alot more than last time.

The Dominix catch was real good. We got it out of wind and the pilot probably panic-stricken. I wonder why I got out while down to hull ALL THE TIME. I really don't know why, but I guess, luck?

Well, I totally would join these saturday night fleet ops again and again(it can't be even more of a easy time to jump in and play)!
PvPer that still stays in HSC.
Image Image Image Image