[WAR] HSC Warbears

Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

[WAR] HSC Warbears

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Chapter 01 : Prelude

Recently we got wardecced by a corporation named "A nice PVE Player" formed by former members of "Spree - Mercs and savages" which is another merc corp. We had very little information about this corporation apart from they were being aggresive against several local (regional) corporations. We did not know their intentions but I assumed that they were after quick industrial ship kills and/or hunting travellers around Verge Vendor.

Their previous engagements proved that they were after hit and run since they were using T3 Destroyers (Hecate and Svipul) with DED Armor Repairer and close range weaponry. After their first engagement and Industrial kill, Capt Steele and Liquid engaged them with success and destroyed both of their T3 Destroyers.

Chapter 02 : Sacrifice of the ILN Sheriff (Gnosis)

Next day they visited us again. At first it was just one of them roaming around and killed Rose Macabre's Harbinger. I undocked a Hyperion to bait the lone pirate. However he did not take the bait and retreated. Some time later we got intel reports of two T3Ds are roaming around our region and HSC quickly formed a response fleet. I was in PvP Gnosis but since we had no logi I had to use Armor Repairer instead of secondary DDA. It was not the best hull to stay on grid but it could make them engage and hold grid until help arrive.

We played gate games for a while, them pulling range and bounce back and forth and try to seperate us and we are holding our position. At some point I ordered one of our tacklers to jump into Jufvitte and tackle one of them if he can and if they engage him back report us so we can jump and engage while they have weapons timers. It did not happen. So I jumped to Jufvitte to let them bait us, since they were trying to yellow box us and bait us to engage them so they can seperate our fleet and take us one by one on different sides of the gate. This worked. On Amygnon side fleet engage one of them and when they have weapons timer another destroyer "baited" me to engage him on the Jufvitte side. I did so and the second destroyer on the Amygnon side jumped to Jufvitte as well and they both engaged me. While I primaried the Svipul rest of the fleet was waiting for the timer.

I know they have DED repairers but I could not anticipate they could repair that good to be honest. I was ready for the incoming damage and I was doomed anyways but I did not want to die before seeing at least one of them dead :)

Pegasus Sacrifice

It took some time but response fleet jumped to Jufvitte. But right on time so they could all engage Svipul and finally we could break it with the whole fleet DPS on him while there was secondary tackling on Hecate as well. First Svipul went down and then I did. Hecate went down faster then Svipul before he can take down any more of us.
Battle Report #01 : 76 million ISK loss, 305 million ISK kill

Good(s)
+ Fast Response
+ Fleet Discipline was not perfect but moderate
+ Tacklers on grid and good dps

Bad(s)
- Having no logistics
- I could have manage the situation better to hold several fleet members so they do not engage the Hecate at Amygnon side while one of them can engage and bait the other one to believe they all engage the Hecate.
- I could have fitted double reps. 1 more repairs (Ancillary) instead of DDA could save my ship at that engagement.

Chapter 03 : Arms Race

After the loss of their T3Ds (second time) they retreated, only to come back three hours later with bigger hulls. Intelligence reports suggest that there is Dominix, Gnosis and Ishtar incoming. So this became an arms race, they upshipped and they brought some good hulls down here to maintain on grid longer with better tank and moreover they are bringing a Gnosis, that can provide me a revenge of my own Gnosis loss.
HSC again quickly formed. Truly I was amazed how fast we gathered! Jacob logged in just in time to bring a Vindicator, I got in Hyperion and we have assorted tackle and Capt Steele's Astarte on our side. Gnosis at Amygnon gate in Jufvitte engaged one of our tacklers and we jumped into Jufvitte to engage Gnosis back. We lost our tacklers there but succesful tackling of Gnosis gave our fleet chance to engage them fully at our own choice of range, brawl to the death. He was a hard nut and Ishtar landed on grid to support him but with range. So we continue on Gnosis. Ishtar warped away while we continue on Gnosis and we were amazed by the damage he was sustaining. Then Deimos made a mistake to warp on top of us while we finish the Gnosis. While we are finishing off Gnosis, secondary tackles landed tackle on Deimos and we switched to Deimos following to Gnosis destruction. Deimos was repairing very good while he is inflicting damage on Astarte. Deimos was very good at repairing but we know that at some point he will lose the capacitor, and he did. His repairs failed and we finished him off as well. Good fights exchanged in local with some good sportmenship words. Later we found out that Gnosis was specifically made for taking damage and holding tackle on enemy combatants. How efficient it was, it is a question but it took some good pressure to be honest.

Battle Report #02 : 22.5 million ISK loss, 821.6 million ISK kill

Good(s)
+ Very fast response. Was HSC waiting for this moment ?
+ Fleet Discipline was good and fleet focused on primary targets and tackled ships quickly.

Bad(s)
- Having no logistics
- Jacob's vindicator drifted away from engagement and that caused some lost time but he quickly aligned back and joined the fight.

Chapter 04 : Surrender

They surrendered... :P
Victory for the HSC and E-UNI!

"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [WAR] HSC Warbears

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Picture of Ersin leading the army in to battle :D
Spoiler
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Capt Steele
Title: HSC Officer, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, Mentor, Graduate

Post by Capt Steele »

Very nice write up Ersin! Just adding my own two cents for the 1st engagement + thoughts:

Intel via the LiveIntel channel and HSC mumble warned of incoming T3D war targets so we had plenty of warning. We had a corp member out in space but we didn't know if he was afk as he wasn't on mumble or standing fleet at the time but the war targets came into Amygnon and started combat scanning. With prior engagements against T3Ds, I was very comfortable with engaging them with my Deimos while the rest of HSC started switching into combat ships. No logi available so self rep armor ships were requested. I undocked and warped to a safe when intel reported the WTs warped to a planet (We didn't know the afk/uber bait industrial was there). I warped to a nearby safe to monitor on d-scan and noticed combat probes on me so I warped to the planet and saw the Hecate warping into my safe. (Very good scanning on their part - he had the location within 10 seconds.) Meanwhile I landed and saw the Svipul who turned and yellow boxed. I called that I was engaging and the rest of HSC members undocked and warped to me. The hecate landed and engaged me as well when fleet members started to land.

Rest of this was very straight forward and easy honestly. Svipul was called primary and melted under Worm's DPS and my Deimos. Hecate was next and again melted under the combined DPS. Tossed GFs into local (which were returned - cool War Targets are the best!) and we looted the field. I noticed we were lingering in space which always makes me nervous so I called for everyone to get offgrid and dock up. And that was that!

I'm glad the 2nd and 3rd fights went very well also. Six new killmarks for me and a war where Uni ended up isk positive. Success!

Side Note: I wasn't online for the 4th engagement and we lost... Coincidence? 8)

Overall Positives:
+ War Targets Surrendered. Oh I will savor that. (Also decently mannered war targets are rare it seems; we got a cool group. )
+ Quick Form Ups and Eager Pilots!
+ Overall Communication and Coordination was good.
+ Decent Fights (TIL to keep drugs in cargohold for all fights. The Hecate was repping much harder than I thought it would be able to manage.)

General Areas for Improvement:
- AFK in Space + Not in Standing Fleet/Mumble. We can be better about this.
- Pod Kills (Just a Pet Peeve of mine; Remember to use the pod saver tab and spam that warp button well before your ship goes pop! )
- D-Scan + Local. If a War Target is nearby and you see combat probes, don't keep going on about your business like you don't know whats about to happen next :roll: )

o7
ImageImageImageImageImage
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

@Ersin: Laser implemented a GREAT tool that helps to pull reports, you probably know it, but don't use. Take a look: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 8&t=104303
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

@Budda: Yes, at some point of time I need to check it out and start using the tool :)

@Capt Steele : You are war hero :D
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage