[Kamela] Hail Hydra Thrashers 01.03.2018

Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[Kamela] Hail Hydra Thrashers 01.03.2018

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

Soundtrack

Roam members (18) - NOTE: This section is ALWAYS usually included in my AARs.
Spoiler
B'aldrick Aivoras 3IC
Breeze One
Eddie Dante - scout
Glen Burney - instablapper
Hawk Stjarnafrey
Kora K - scout
Megoste - scout/live bait
Padraic Musbrandt - 2IC/anchor
Phaethonx Brutor
Rebulah Conundrum
Tiberius Auduin - FC
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Willow K
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
Zykey Jovakko
ashahara
violer
We had a surprisingly good turn out, I think at the fulcrum we had 13-15 Thrashers! We can do better, imagine next we had 30. We set desto to Arzad.
In Kamela Zarquu baited two sniping corms. They thought they were smart and warped back to the citadel with a weapons timer. Glen dispatched them in the most becoming way, with a gate-camp thrasher.

While waiting for the intel, a Merlin jumped in to us. We blapped him. Apparently you can hire this guy to defend your fleet. Definitely should have done it!

Kills and Losses
(18:25:37) Kamela, Lamaa
Cormorant +12.87m
Cormorant +14.55m
Capsule +0.01m
Merlin +3m

Megoste was scounting in a tankiest tank tanked Jaguar. however, Kora found a Rupture, who scram tackled him. The damps damped down his electronics and Kora lived and rupture didn't.

While waiting on the gate we promptly converted ourselves to gate camping fleet and snagged this coercer.
(18:40:34) Ezzara
Rupture +26.91m
Coercer +21.35m

Then in huola scouts found a vexor and an ONI. Vexor warped off and the ONI was taking pot-shots that hit HARD. We couldn't catch the ONI (no scrams) and disengaged while damping him down. But Kora died. Love the blood thirst!

(19:09:16) Huola
Thrasher -5.95m
Capsule -0.01m

While warping to the next yellow brick, the vexor was goading in local, inviting us to the medium plex, promising "I'LL KILL YOU ALL!". We turne dthe fleet around and obliged. Burned the vexor, burned to the confessor, which our epic Scout/Tacticals Master Eddie Dante had tackled and scrammed. The confessor was chasing us for so long, he was saltier than Bolivia. After this kill we went to repair and took a small bio until 19:30 and that's where f*ck-ups began.
(19:19:41) Huola
Vexor +39.71m
Confessor +61.29m

Intel was given that a snuffed out Hyperion was fighting the ONI's of earlier at a plex. Not everybody was back from the bio and I made two big mistakes. A. Our fleet's strength is in numbers, I didn't have all my people with me. B. Some people were docked in another station, so we landed at 20km from different ranges. FC was primaried by the ONI and had to warp off, command switch wasn't done properly and people started dropping. Zarquu enforced comms discipline. We headed then back to Kamela to reship.
(19:28:19) Huola
Griffin -4.45m
Merlin -12.78m
Thrasher -6.11m
Thrasher -5.93m
Thrasher -5.95m

Finally reaching our destination of Sahtogas, we killed a Thrasher equipped with a very optimistic ammo load.
(19:46:50) Sahtogas
Thrasher +26.28m

Megoste died. Eddie found a VNI, who was on a plex. The VNI was fast but Eddie scrammed him good. However, the filthy VNI pilot dispatched our brave inty pilot and somehow none of our thrashers had a point on him, so he warped off. He docked, we disengaged, someone else finished our job!
(19:52:08) Labapi, Kurniainen
Jaguar -92.69m
Malediction -37.73m
Vexor Navy Issue +145.14m

With Eddie down, our FC was face-scouting and +1ing for the fleet. Warped to a large, at zero, saw an algos warping in. Didn't move; Stupid, stupid loss. Fleet avenged the FC though!
(20:03:24) Tararan, Kurniainen
Thrasher -6.05m
Algos +13.96m

Here is where I had to step down due to RL and Padraic took the fleet over. I'd love to hear his part of the story.

(20:23:05) Lamaa
Thrasher +11.38m

(20:28:41) Kourmonen, Sifilar
Slasher +4.51m
Thrasher -5.91m
Thrasher -15.16m
Thrasher -9.25m
Merlin -8.66m
Thrasher -5.92m
Punisher +16.4m
Tristan +4.33m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 401,719,755.23
ISK Lost: 222,549,072.75
ISK Delta: 179,170,682.48
Efficiency: 64.35%

What went well:
+form-up was quick and on time
+newbro's joined \o/
+despite last minute fleet, we had okay numbers
+damping and target management went well
+love the mobility
+the extra tank provided by DCUII and STB >> extra DPS, since we took gateguns and no-one died, really good job guys!

What could be better:
-WTB longer lock range
-FC'ing and being anchor would be better
-we could go to null
-a lot of warping
-didn't have dedicated webber/tackler.

What do you think about the doctrine? Did you enjoy it? What were the shortcomings? Let me know!

See you next time!
P.S. some fuckery happened, those killmails are not included :p

Edit: My co-pilot, Leopold, in his pod, ready to reship and blap some more!
Spoiler
Last edited by Tiberius Auduin on 2018.03.02 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
Willow K

Re: [Kamela] Hail Hydra Thrashers 01.03.2018

Post by Willow K »

1) I believe the doctrine was good thought to work better, we need to anchor better or pick our fights wiser due a lot of times, we were spread or rushed.
2) I believe it needs minimum 2 tacklers with webs (we have plenty of points from Thrashers)
2) We shouldn't try to get the Machariel for 2nd time, we failed the first and the system was too busy, second time was impossible as various groups landed on grid, that is my opinion of course.
3) i enjoyed the fleet as i am Minmatar person :)

Good work for the Fleet
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

Willow K wrote:1) I believe the doctrine was good thought to work better, we need to anchor better or pick our fights wiser due a lot of times, we were spread or rushed.
2) I believe it needs minimum 2 tacklers with webs (we have plenty of points from Thrashers)
2) We shouldn't try to get the Machariel for 2nd time, we failed the first and the system was too busy, second time was impossible as various groups landed on grid, that is my opinion of course.
3) i enjoyed the fleet as i am Minmatar person :)

Good work for the Fleet
1. Definitely, I thought this was my biggest shortcoming
2. Hyena or a Keres would be great indeed
2b. Wasn't there unfortunately
3. IN RUST WE TRUST!!!

Thanks for the feedback!
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Joined in a little bit later, some of my observations:
- Last few fleets i joined only had one scout/initial tackle. Probably coincidence but I think having two has much added value, both in speed of finding targets and securing kills (VNI got out, confessor was a close fight).
-Tiberius, i agree with what you said about the hyperion fight. FC switching was probably also slow due to the spread out positioning and us being in the middle of quite some stuff. Scatter was the best call.
- After Padraic took over, we went through some busy systems. I shouldve been a bit more talkative, but was quite occupied with figuring out who belonged with who. Learning point for me. We found a gang of 4-5 t3d's, 2 wolves and i think 2-4 other small ships. They were flashy, at a gate and expecting us to play. Padraic (and me too) had some doubts about wether we couldve taken them. Any more experienced FC with input? Not sure about our numbers but at most 12 arty thrashers?
- So we dodged that gang. Fleetmembers got a bit restless and comms got a bit cluttered. Around Kourmonen there was a lot of activity from no handlebars: lots of machariels & cynabals and other random stuff in space. Despite me relaying this, a 'more vocal' fleetmember wanted to engage a flashy machariel on the gate. I shouldve stopped that right there and then, but didnt for some reason (boo me :-/) Inevitable welp ensued.
Padraic Musbrandt
Title: Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Padraic Musbrandt »

My part of the story.

> FC was primaried by the ONI and had to warp off, command switch wasn't done properly and people started dropping.

At that point I haven't even realized FC has left the grid so I didn't take over the command. Nonetheless I had to warp off the grid a few seconds later and I think B'aldrick ordered to scatter.

When Tiberius stepped down as FC and I took the fleet we were in Tararan. I asked Eddie to check neighboring systems and we had some signals but didn't manage to catch anything and slowly went towards Kamela with Eddie going +1. While we were on gate, a large assorted pack of t3ds and frigates buzzed past us into the next system. I haven't managed to count them accurately. I had the impression there were about 4-5 t3ds and 8-10 frigates but Zarquu estimated a smaller number of frigates. At that point there were 6 or 7 Thrashers and a Merlin in our fleet. I pondered for a while and decided to move on, but Eddie warned that they're waiting on the other side of the gate and in a few seconds they jumped back. At this point I kind of lost it and commanded the fleet to jump the gate and warp to the next system. Thinking about it now, I regret the decision. We were outgunned for sure, but that was probably the case where the fight looked good to both sides. They would probably be able to kill all of us, but we could come out isk positive if we managed to kill even one t3d. So I should've taken it.

Later in Kourmonen intel came about a big fight on the gate and since the fleet was almost over I decided to 3rd party it. I regret this decision again, since we were not in a ranged doctrine. We warped at 50 on the gate and the closest enemy ship was at 50 as well. But I only had 42km targeting range. So while I sat there, unsure whether to come closer to the main fight, their long range ships started picking on us, so I ordered to scatter. I lost my ship before I was able to warp away and I don't know how many fleet members managed to get away, but it was clear that the fleet is over.

What went well:
- I maintained the impression that I knew what I was doing most of the time.

What went bad:
- My decision making wasn't on the spot in both of the engagements.

PS. Can I make it count for FCC progress?