Sagittarius Griffins - Vanguard
Satoshi Tomeii
Sone Eto - 3IC
Tom Endares - Logibro <3
Tyler Arnoux
Vrix Torqueo
Wokum
Zev Kuzari - Vanguard
!!WARNING: MEMES AHEAD!! This fleet was extraordinarily dank, and there were memes flying left, right, and center. I have created a collection of the choicest memes from the evening and sprinkled them like a fine seasoning throughout this AAR. If you have a severe allergy to memes, I recommend you avoid clicking on any of the links. :D

Anyway, on to the serious stuff. As Reise was feeling sick again, I took over the NoP fleet for him, allowing him to kick back and relax as one of our logibros. The doctrine was BLAP Vexors, and achieving the right mix of tackle, logi, and dps was a delicate balance with this number of people, but we managed to pull it off, with excellent results. I'm fairly certain logi was flying Exequors, and, although we had fewer scouts than I would've found ideal, we still had plenty enough to find content. We undocked from Stacmon around 02:45, and started on our merry way towards Black Rise.

The fleet was interesting pretty much right off the bat. We got into Agoze and spent some time desperately following our scouts around as they chased content in Vey, Loes, Oueletta, and Melmaniel. Arashi found a couple of Hyperions in Melmaniel (I think? Maybe Oueletta), and we ended up playing station games with them for 5 minutes or so. I decided I didn't want to risk them alpha'ing one of us, and that there was no way we would break a Hyperion's tank before they docked back up, so we turned around and headed back towards Agoze. Lucky us, we got some intel that a small Hurricane gang was heading towards Agoze from the Vey pipe, so I rushed the fleet back towards them while our scouts kept eyes on them. While we were in Loes on the Agoze gate, we got word that they were sitting on the other side of the gate, so we jumped through and got ready to tear into them.

The enemy gang was three Hurricanes, one VNI, and three(I think) Augorors. They were sitting at 0 on the gate, logi frantically burning away. Not waiting to question a good thing, I ordered the fleet to break jump cloak, put out hammerheads, and beat them down before they wised up and pulled range. My target calling was not great, and the Hurricanes were autocannon fit; I thought for sure we'd take a lot of losses.Thanks to our incredible logi team, Our only loss of the fight was a condor, who died to gate guns. Every logi pilot was on performing perfectly, and they easily kept pace with the incoming dps. We managed to kill two Hurricanes and two Augorors, for the loss of a single tackle frig. Great work, team.

Hurricane +78.21m
Hurricane +80.14m
Augoror +29.79m
Augoror +29.79m
Condor -1.09m

After the fight in Agoze, we docked up quickly to repair, and then headed back out towards Black Rise. Unfortunately, it seems that Prince Tojo was caught on a gate trying to catch up to us.

Vexor -43.8m

The road towards Nennamalia was pretty quiet. At one point Arashi found a couple mining ships mining for moon goo off an Athanor, and he suggested we go try to kill them. Because I know basically nothing about how to kill people on structures without being killed myself, I told Arashi to just move on. My lack of understanding of how structures work was further clarified through a helpful visual aid and a comparison to a popular vegetable.

"Sorry, I was too busy being sarcastic to process what you just said."
- Harai Rex, Fleet Commander, speaking to his scouts

After the Athanor encounter, we kept moving through Black Rise, receiving a variety of scout reports for a variety of systems, some of which needed to be repeated for less than excellent reasons. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anything, and ducked into Ichoriya for a quick bio break around 3:45. As we docked up, I complained that Reise was always treated with more respect when he was FC than I was when I was FC. This complaint was swiftly addressed.

"That's ok, they're NPCs, they won't hurt us"
- Harai Rex, Fleet Commander, minutes before getting warp scrambled by NPCs

Our bio break ended at 03:50, and, upon undocking with the fleet, I discovered that I wasn't on the *ahem* best of terms with the faction police (artist's impression here). After a few minutes of futile attempts to get out from under the opression of Caldari State Police, I was forced to embarrassingly swap out my low slots for inertial stabilizers so I could get my brick of a Vexor out the front door.

"Some artists work in clay, others in oils, Gemma works in dank memes."
- Sone Eto, Fleet member

Fortunately for me, there was some content in Akidagi to pick my spirits up. Scouts found a Hawk and a Caracal outside a plex, if I remember correctly, and were able to tackle both of them. The rest of the fleet got in on top of them, and we had ourselves a nice little Caldari ship snack.

Condor -9.98m
Hawk +72.38m
Caracal +33.87m
Capsule +20.16m
Capsule -0.01m

"The logi may be dank, but the memes are danker."
- Mols Halleck, Logibro <3

"If you're being redboxed, broadcast for memes."
- Sone Eto, Fleet Member

After Akidagi, we headed towards Kedama. When we got there, our scouts reported that a Dragoon and a Bifrost were fighting a Stabber on a gate. Always happy to be an honorable third party, we came on in and graciously helped them kill each other.

Bifrost +101.31m
Stabber +56.68m
Dragoon +21.45m

After our little bit of fun with the Stabber, Bifrost, and Dragoon, we gained the attention of the ancient and dark forces that call themselves "Gal Mil." A FEDUP destroyer gang, consisting mostly of longbow Cormorants and Arty Thrashers, caught up with us on the Tama gate in Kedama and promptly alpha'ed a few of our light tackle. Knowing there was no way we were going to catch up to them in BLAP Vexors, I ordered the fleet to get out before we lost all of our tackle.

Condor -0.56m
Condor -9.53m
Capsule -0.01m

"inb4 they warp at 0 and murder us from their optimal."
- Mols Halleck, Logibro <3

Craving revenge, I came up with a stupid little plot to try and catch these kitey destroyers. They were following us gate to gate as we made our way home from Kedama, so in Nisuwa, I had the fleet warp to the next gate at the range they normally warped to the gates at, hoping that they would land at zero on top of us. Unfortunately, they were, in fact, smart enough to have a ship scouting for them so that they wouldn't fall for exactly that kind of stupid trap. I had the fleet resume business as usual, and we just tried to outrace them home. Alas, the war drums of Galmilistan were already beating, and the fiends of Pen Is Out descended upon us with a kitchen sink kite cruiser gang. We ran from them for a few systems, with them in hot pursuit. I knew there was no way we could fight them and not all die horribly, so I just had the fleet running pell-mell from one gate to the next , hoping they would get bored and give up eventually. They did eventually give up the chase, but not before claiming a few blood sacrifices.

Tristan -4.88m
Capsule -0.01m
Vexor -30.69m
Capsule -0.01m

When we made it to Oueletta, we found that one of the Hyperions we had played station games with at the beginning of the fleet was sitting at a large plex. I sent the fleet him, hoping we could burn him down before anything bad happened. As I feared, the other Hyperion was lurking in system, and came in on top of us a minute or two after we engaged the first Hyperion. Knowing there was no way we could kill two Hyperions, I had the fleet scatter, but Sone got tackled and went down anyway.

Vexor -22.58m

The rest of the way back to Ostingele was very quiet. When we got to OST, I was ready to call the fleet there, giving my goodbye speech and everything, when someone suddenly called that they had found a Gila in Dastryns, another in Uphallant, and a Gnosis in Iges. I hastily rounded up anyone who was still in fleet and still in comms, and took us into Dastryns in search of one last bit of content. Arashi went and reshipped into a Dominix, and our scouts fanned out to try to catch something. We eventually caught the Gnosis on the Uphallant gate in Dastryns. He wasn't flashy, but we didn't care. We killed him easily (Battleship DPS helps), losing only a bit of tackle to gate guns in exchange.

Malediction -54.92m
Condor -3.91m
Gnosis +97.48m

After the Gnosis kill, our old friends Salty. grew wise to our presence in their home system, and flew a Drake into us. The Drake jumped into UPH, and we happily followed after him. We tackled him on the other side and started burning him down. He agressed us back and then LIT A CYNO. I had everyone overheat everything they had on this brick tanked Drake, but it was almost too late. As he dropped into hull, two gentlemen from Salty. jumped in on the cyno in their finest carriers, so I ordered the fleet to scatter, no questions asked. Through some crazy luck that we in no way deserved, we managed to put the last few hits needed to kill the Drake into him as we aligned out, and we managed to both kill the Drake and get EVERYONE off grid before they got murderized by the carriers. :D :D :D Arashi also managed to pod the Drake pilot later, which was cool.

Drake +110.06m
Capsule +0.01m

That Drake kill marked the end of the fleet, as I wasn't gonna ask anyone to go back out with a couple of carriers in the neighborhood. I exchanged some friendly words with Salty. in local, and thus ended the night.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 731,307,506.49
ISK Lost: 181,972,514.01
ISK Delta: 549,334,992.48
Efficiency: 80.075%

This was a great fleet: it was exciting, everyone flew well, and we even came out ISK positive. My only real regret is my target calling for the fight against the Hurricane gang. I probably should have primaried the logis right off the bat, but our excellent logi kept the fleet from paying the price for my bad decisions. I really don't have much to say about this fleet, it was a great time! As always, thank you all for joining, and feel free to add to the AAR in replies.

See you all around, and happy hunting o7
Sagittarius Griffins
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Roam 2018.02.20-Here it's finally up

Post by Sagittarius Griffins »

This fleet was very enjoyable. I have to say the 10/10 memes kept me laughing even as my condor blew up over and over :lol:
Gemma Solett
Title: Sophomore

Post by Gemma Solett »

10/10 fleet, nice relaxed atmosphere, and we managed to ruin fleet chat worse than DnG and local.

Lessons I learned:
I should be a propaganda officer
Gate guns hurt (Point! Oh, wait. He's not flashy...[RAPID SPAMMING OF WARP KEY])
The malediction is still the best ship (after the magus)

I did like the idea of warping to the gate at range, if the enemy fleet had been a bit more rushed to chase us it might've worked, but I don't think they would've had any problems keeping up, so they had the time to play it safe and wait for intel. I was especially flattered when you asked me to stay a system behind the fleet, I assume because my mere presence in system was scaring all the targets away when they found out about my elite pvp abilities.

I'll also applaud your timing in posting this, taking it right up to the deadline with this one, just like a real student.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

I nominate this fleet to be the BEST BLAP Vexor fleet so far! Actually, best roaming BLAP Vexor fleet, as we did have quite a good use already, here is a reminder to those who missed that fight: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=104513

Who told BLAP Vexors are bad? I guess that who does not know how to fly them?

Ok, they do have some issues, but today that proven to be manageable.

Excellent Job Harai!