[AAR] FCC Hurricanes - Hi VOLTA!

SketchyManDan Williams

[AAR] FCC Hurricanes - Hi VOLTA!

Post by SketchyManDan Williams »

Soooo, I tried my hand at some FCC Hurricanes. Wanted to head to Null to I took us through Thera again.
I've been waiting for this to happen on one of these fleets, and it finally did. The hole collapsed after just myself and our osprey jumped, and the next entrance was 11 jumps away, quite a distance in the hurricanes :/. I thought this was going to put everyone off carrying on with the fleet and let them know if's ok to leave at this point aha, but you were all up for making the travel and our scout led the way there too, so thanks a ton for this :D !

Roam members (10)
Spoiler
Beavis Alland
Castor Udan
DonkeyPunch Udan
Jonathan Wolf
Padraic Musbrandt
Rebulah Conundrum
SketchyManDan Williams
Toma Heleneto
Tye Etch
Wokum
We made it into Thera with 2 scouts, 1 Hero logi, 6 Hurricanes and 1 Corm. I had the aim of heading to Perrigen falls as our hole took us pretty close to the ratting pockets there, and we could find some small gangs on route, but instead, we got to say hello to Volta after they were back from their own roam around Null. The following ensued :lol:

We had all made it into TDP and we're aligning out, when an activation was heard on the hole. I called for everyone to stay aligned and get ready to pop whatever jumps through this hole. A single Loki appeared, awesome, we'll kill a T3 and have a nice start to the roam! Another activation was heard, and another, and then another :lol: and then decloaked around 20-25 Loki and a sabre :shock: . I knew at this point I should've just warped us off the hole, but hey why not see what we can do aha. They bubbled up as soon as the sabre decloaked so I asked for us to burn back to the hole, shoot one of the Loki's and jump as soon as you're breaking. We're polarised on the other side so we're already dead, but let's go down fighting!
We jump the hole and I begin to explain that yup, we're already dead :lol: , but we're going to kill everything small on the field before we die! I noticed that the few shots we did to the Loki before we jumped barely even took 2-3 ticks off it's shield, so there's no way we're going to break one of these guys, but sabres should fall pretty fast :D

(22:03:13) TDP-T3, Thera
Hurricane -62.99m
Osprey -18.47m
Hurricane -78.86m
Sabre +103.62m
Hurricane -82.39m
Hurricane -85.82m
Capsule -1.95m
Talwar +8.75m
Hurricane -89.47m
Capsule -80.36m
Hurricane -79.09m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

The FC got hold of me after the fight, sound guy too, used to be an FC Lecturer for the Uni so had plenty of advice for me! He explained how we managed to bump into such a force. Apologized for the blob and said that they had literally just come back from a bash when they spotted the hurricanes on the way home and thought we we're going to just leave when we spotted the Loki anyway. He seemed happy to see a small gang of BC's going for a roam around Null, it sounded like a small gang of these things don't really happen anymore in Null.
After talking with him in comms for a little while we got talking about an arranged fight in Thera if we can field the numbers to match theirs, something like a BC fight or maybe even Harpies, so keep an eye on the Calendar for this one, could turn into an epic fight on one of the undocks! Also if we give them a heads up when we're using Thera, they're up for letting us pass through if we're spotted, which is pretty cool, but made no promises for what the other corps in there might still do :lol:

After this most of the Hurricane pilots we're podded back towards Stacmon, a couple were up for making the trip back into Thera so we had a shot at taking the remaining people around Null, thanks for coming back guys, It was quite the trek back into the hole!. I had a few Hurricanes left in Thera to hand out, so we undocked them and went for the ratting pockets. Unfortunately in this time, the pockets had died, and other than a few frigates, we found nothing. We quickly learned that these things take a loooooong time to cover any number of jumps, so we called it a day after checking these pockets, and headed back to the hole.

Cheers all for coming out! If you lost a Hurricane here, but wasn't around to get the second one, give us a shout if you're not able to get SRP for some reason and I'll give out some more of the spares I had for the fight :D!

ISK Destroyed: 112,374,079.42
ISK Lost: 579,443,634.09
ISK Delta: -467,069,554.67
Efficiency: 16.243%
Padraic Musbrandt
Title: Ensign, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] FCC Hurricanes - Hi VOLTA!

Post by Padraic Musbrandt »

Should this SRP be applied under WHC or NSC campus?
SketchyManDan Williams

Post by SketchyManDan Williams »

Errrm, not sure aha. I think for WHC SRP it would’ve had to have been a fight somewhere in the chain, but since this was through Thera into Nullsec, maybe the Null SRP?
If you’re not able to get SRP from either, drop me a message in game. I still have a few Hurricanes in Thera for those who die mid roam, I could give you one of those if you like :)
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Padraic Musbrandt wrote:Should this SRP be applied under WHC or NSC campus?
Sketchy was right: WHC SRP is for fights in the WHC scanned chain, and k-systems only directly linked to the WH. Very few exceptions apply.
For NSC campus that should be related to NSC campus at least and be 'around'. You can submit SRP for generic logistics department I assume.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

And about Loki: they often Spider fit so no chances to break them in T1 BCs