The Magic 14

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Xanthrax Mandragoran

Re: The Magic 14

Post by Xanthrax Mandragoran »

Dama Arishe wrote:Additionally the attributes for these skills are similar, but not exactly the same:

Int/Mem:

CPU Management
Power Grid Management
Capacitor Systems Operation
Mechanics
Hull Upgrades
Shield Management
Shield Operation
Long Range Targeting
Signature Analysis

Int/Per:

Navigation
Evasive Maneuvering
Warp Drive Operation

Per/Will:

Spaceship Command

So it's a pretty easy newbro Intelligence/Memory remap, and then a Perception/Willpower remap which leads right in to weapons and spaceship skills.

Still a lot of training to get to 5 though. 90+ days with remaps and +3s or so?
Really, don't advise players that just started eve to use remaps. They Will certainly regret it later. Train those skills to IV with the standard remap, train LOTS of skills to III or IV, Than consider remapping.

You have a better Idea of what You want and You have a baseof kevel III skills, also the off map ones.
Apollyons One

Post by Apollyons One »

*bleeding out from wanting of being a sticky*

but yes, dont do remaps as a new player without proper research and a skill plan of at least 365 days
Beyor Zeyson

Post by Beyor Zeyson »

bump - and request for sticky. looks like a good starting set. I have added these to my queue to get them up to 4.

thx!
~^* fellow newbros - check out this podcast! I am enjoying it: http://thelearningcliff.com/start-here/ *^~
WoW holds your hand from 1-85, and makes sure you get a cookie regardless if you win or lose. Eve not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place.
Eoin Eginald

Post by Eoin Eginald »

Apollyons One wrote:*bleeding out from wanting of being a sticky*

but yes, dont do remaps as a new player without proper research and a skill plan of at least 365 days
Second (or third...). I wish I had read this post on my first day.
Marius Labo
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Marius Labo »

Eoin Eginald wrote:
Apollyons One wrote:*bleeding out from wanting of being a sticky*

Second (or third...). I wish I had read this post on my first day.
The "issue" is that commenting in the thread to have it stickied isn't all that effective. One needs to bring it to the attention of those that have the forum moderation powers to do so, rather than hoping someone will do it. They don't necessarily read "everything" that could potentially be stickied.

Another issue is the thread's title. When searching the forum it's most often the title that will draw someone's attention. In this case, no one really thinks to themselves "I need to find 'The Magic 14'." And in the variety of how someone can tend to "monitor" forum activity and such (for example, I tend to use the "View new posts" option as my primary method, works for me as I am often here) if the title doesn't mean anything to them they may not bother to check it out.

I could suggest titles for this thread that could draw more people to looking at it, targeting it to it's intended audience, but since I'm not the OP I don't want to be overly suggestive there.

And as I had previously suggested a great place for this info in on the wiki, ideally in an existing page (prevents too many similar pages from being created which can lead to stale and obsolete pages, etc.) but this hasn't been acted on. Wiki pages don't need to be sticked, etc.
Pintea

Post by Pintea »

Great list. Thank you for the tip.
Rin Inkura

Post by Rin Inkura »

This is exactly what I was looking for. With all the reading I have done on this great game and all the people in-game that I have asked about skill training noone has been able to give such an answer. I am setting up my queu with these skills asap. Thank you very much!!!
From All The Things I Miss The Most, My SANITY Is Not One Of Them.
Finno Issier

Post by Finno Issier »

Just tried making a new character after the 2015-09-29 downtime and expansion, and all these skills are now trained to Level 1 (and some to Level 3) on a new character.

You also get Thermodynamics lv1 on a new char now.
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Yea. Appollyons agreed I could repost it in the HSC forum before we knew about the SP changes. I just updated it. I think there are 2 that are up to 4 already, and the rest, as you say, vary between 1 and 3. Newcomers will want to train those up to 4 (to begin with). And now nobody even has to go get skillbooks for any of these crucial skills \o/ I think it's a great change :)

And you get your racial industrial skill too, so making a basic alt hauler has never been easier!
Image Image Image Image
Beyor Zeyson

Post by Beyor Zeyson »

Finno Issier wrote:Just tried making a new character after the 2015-09-29 downtime and expansion, and all these skills are now trained to Level 1 (and some to Level 3) on a new character.

You also get Thermodynamics lv1 on a new char now.
Aww man. Maybe I will biomass my youngest alt and cash in on that. 8-)
~^* fellow newbros - check out this podcast! I am enjoying it: http://thelearningcliff.com/start-here/ *^~
WoW holds your hand from 1-85, and makes sure you get a cookie regardless if you win or lose. Eve not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place.
Apollyons One

Post by Apollyons One »

Even if the update has added these skills to a base character, they are still skills that should be trained to a minimum level. As I get more time, i'll update what needs updating here and make additions that focus more on the different career type if it's a common request.
StormyMtn III

Post by StormyMtn III »

Its a great list!

Apollyons One

Post by Apollyons One »

i'll get to updating and making expansions on this soon
Apollyons One

Post by Apollyons One »

List has been updated to include the default skill levels for each skill on a brand new character according to changes.
Dravik Demaren

Post by Dravik Demaren »

Thank you for this information! I have updated my my skill plan to make these a priority!

thanks again!

-Drav