EVE University's Random Tip of the Day

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Bosozoku Kane

Re: EVE University's Random Tip of the Day

Post by Bosozoku Kane »

something I discovered today while out of game.

EVEGate mail is much better than the in-game mail system. I highly recommend managing your mail from EveGate rather than in-game.
Acyclic Tau

Post by Acyclic Tau »

Bosozoku Kane wrote:something I discovered today while out of game.

EVEGate mail is much better than the in-game mail system. I highly recommend managing your mail from EveGate rather than in-game.
As a noob, can I ask what the advantages are?
Bosozoku Kane

Post by Bosozoku Kane »

It might be just my personal preference now that you ask. The UI is a lot easier to use I think.
Aestrid Varran

Post by Aestrid Varran »

Bosozoku Kane wrote: EVEGate mail is much better than the in-game mail system. I highly recommend managing your mail from EveGate rather than in-game.
Are you using an app or something? Because, I love https://gate.eveonline.com/Mail/Inbox when I can't log in... but mails can get seriously messed up. Most notably, links don't show and emails that are particularly link-heavy become almost unreadable.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bosozoku Kane

Post by Bosozoku Kane »

Aestrid Varran wrote:
Bosozoku Kane wrote: EVEGate mail is much better than the in-game mail system. I highly recommend managing your mail from EveGate rather than in-game.
Are you using an app or something? Because, I love https://gate.eveonline.com/Mail/Inbox when I can't log in... but mails can get seriously messed up. Most notably, links don't show and emails that are particularly link-heavy become almost unreadable.
I guess I haven't used it all that much. It just seemed to look better but maybe it is not actually that good...
HyperFlareX

Post by HyperFlareX »

You can highlight your own orders in the market!
Open the market, go to settings (in the tab strip up there with 'My orders' etc.) and tick 'highlight my orders'
Ghost Orm

Post by Ghost Orm »

ORGANISE YOUR HANGAR

I only just forund this one out, so thanks to Ashlea Samson.

If you have a multitude of different items in your hangar and are finding it hard to quickly locate something specific, you can use Large Freight Containers inside your hangars.

Simply decide on what you want in each container, drop them into said container and rename it accordingly eg Ammo, Weapons, EWAR, Drones etc etc etc.

If you reach the container capacity, just use and rename another one eg Ammo 1 & Ammo 2.

This way your hangar becomes nicely categorised :D
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Bairfhionn Isu
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Bairfhionn Isu »

Ghost Orm wrote:ORGANISE YOUR HANGAR

I only just forund this one out, so thanks to Ashlea Samson.

If you have a multitude of different items in your hangar and are finding it hard to quickly locate something specific, you can use Large Freight Containers inside your hangars.

Simply decide on what you want in each container, drop them into said container and rename it accordingly eg Ammo, Weapons, EWAR, Drones etc etc etc.

If you reach the container capacity, just use and rename another one eg Ammo 1 & Ammo 2.

This way your hangar becomes nicely categorised :D
Or just get Station Containers. Packaged they weight 10k, they are available in Aldrat and don't cost much, but they can take 100 times the mass of the Large Freight Container.
"Yes. You're good at EVE." --Whisky

I WANT PONIES ON MY SPACESHIPS! :pinkiesmile:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Ernesto Guevarti

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Or just get Station Containers.
Just remember to turn logging off, otherwise you are stuck with a 30d cooldown when you want to repackage them and move.
Ghost Orm

Post by Ghost Orm »

Bairfhionn Isu wrote:Or just get Station Containers. Packaged they weight 10k, they are available in Aldrat and don't cost much, but they can take 100 times the mass of the Large Freight Container.
Cool thanks :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Paledan Safemal

Post by Paledan Safemal »

Ghost Orm wrote:Simply decide on what you want in each container, drop them into said container and rename it accordingly eg Ammo, Weapons, EWAR, Drones etc etc etc.
Just in case it helps, here's how I have named those I have in Aldrat.

001 - High Slots
002 - Mid Slots
003 - Low Slots
004 - Ammo (that one includes drones)
005 - For Sale
006 - Keepit
etc

When I get loot, I quickly sort it into the first 4 containers (or the first 5 if I already know this mod isn't one I'll keep). The "For Sale" container is used for stuff I'm waiting to have enough of before I give them away / sell them. "Keepit" includes tags and other junk. I also have a few others where I stockpile whatever I need hauled for special projects e.g. lately the modules for the ships I intended to bring to the TRECI apprenticeship, stuff I'll have hauled to the LSC when I can be bothered, etc.

On a carebear alt, instead of one "for sale" can (mostly with loot and salvage) you can have several e.g. with ore, PI, manufactured products, components, etc.

The numbers mean that when I load "my items", the cans are always on top, making it easier to repackage / stack / sell the rest.
Apothne

Post by Apothne »

I just use the search function #nofuss
Ernesto Guevarti

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Apothne wrote:I just use the search function #nofuss
Which only works if you don't use any containers :twisted:
Acyclic Tau

Post by Acyclic Tau »

Also, don't select all and repackage, everything jumped out of every container and all the names reset. All I was trying to do was stack some modules back up after using them :(
Angus Adalwin

Post by Angus Adalwin »

Paledan, these tips will do wonders for my organization. Thank you much :)