EVE University's Random Tip of the Day

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
LeFleur
Title: Le fleur de haute sécurité, Graduate

Re: EVE University's Random Tip of the Day

Post by LeFleur »

Rectar en Meunk wrote:You can turn off auto-repeat on analyzer modules. Saves some cap while you're playing the minigame.
Thanks a lot, this will also help when you have to retry, because you don't need to wait for the cycle to complete.
Jared Tua'tha

Post by Jared Tua'tha »

Shift-click to overheat a module...Ive been clicking the tiny green arc up until now....
Diehard Minmatar - The real mans race of EvE
Schirrous (Biomassed 2014.02.12)

Post by Schirrous (Biomassed 2014.02.12) »

Jared Tua'tha wrote:Shift-click to overheat a module...Ive been clicking the tiny green arc up until now....

That's brilliant!! I've been doing the same thing forever.
MD X

Post by MD X »

You can also overheat the whole group (high-med-low) by clicking/using the hotkey for the icons right next to the module icons. Makes it easier to overload your prop, web and point at the same time when you try to get a split-moment tackle on.
Rodrigo Rosenthal

Post by Rodrigo Rosenthal »

If you pod someone ( http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=115753 ) who is in a NPC corp, you will lose standings with that particular corp and faction http://gyazo.com/b283427b916b6c5b540394d1c2841cd8.

I found out that the hard way, when my LVL 4 agent was not available to me anymore.

Thanks for the guys in Mumble and Chat.E-UNI who helped me figuring this out.
Aidlywo B'earake

Post by Aidlywo B'earake »

Remember to 'Un-Mute' yourself after listening to a class.

It is quite embarrassing admitting to your campus fellows that you had obviously been talking to yourself for the last 20+ mins :)
Graduate | Explorer
Mentor | WHC | Solitude

Time and Patience are a Capsuleers strongest Weapons
Rhomnir Korba

Post by Rhomnir Korba »

If you have probes out when downtime hits, consider them lost - not even the "Reconnect to Lost Probes" option brings them back.

Always recall your probes just to be extra-paranoid :ccp:

(I just found this out the hard way, lost 5 Sisters Combats. D'oh!)

-- Rhom
Career Brick-Tank Pilot and ex-LSC Officer | ex-NSC | ex-WHC | (former) Shiva/NC. | Merc Coalition.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Bob qui sunt eius
Paigan DeCychor

Post by Paigan DeCychor »

Found this out by accident yesterday...

You can rearrange your module icons by dragging and dropping them, even changing the rows they are in.
ImageImageImageImage
Roman Tala

Post by Roman Tala »

second both the comments about still appearing in local and 2k decloaking radius...learned the hard way as a noob on those points
Honsou Nikumo

Post by Honsou Nikumo »

The latest patch of eve has introduced the "Weapons Timer" (can not jump or dock) to the Bastion Module so if you see this, don't freak out (like I did) xD
Fazzini

Post by Fazzini »

When you repair your modules from heat damage with nanite paste, don't forget to display passive mods...first time I started playing with overheating I forgot that and destroyed all my passive armor hardeners and was doing sites for a while wondering why my tank was so poor all of the sudden.
Oh Takashawa

Post by Oh Takashawa »

Don't forget to go through your overview presets after an expansion that adds new in-space stuff, in order to add the new item groups to the overviews where you want them displayed. Particularly important for the new deployables from Rubicon.
Oscha Esservic

Post by Oscha Esservic »

Not skilled to fit a rig or a module to your ship?

Get it attached anyways by fitting it directly from the Market Deliveries section of a station hangar. (You need particular corp rolls to see the Market Deliveries hangar).

God send for your low skill OOC alt.
May fortune favour your sails,
and reason grace your path,
if not in this life,
then in one hereafter.
-#
Aestrid Varran

Post by Aestrid Varran »

When I learned this one, I figured everyone else just knew it, and I was late to pick up on it, but, apparently not.

When you set a destination, you don't have to keep scrolling through the overview to find the yellow gate or station (or try to choose the right gate when more than one is yellow). Each time you jump through a gate on your route, the next destination is automatically in the "Selected Item" window. So as long as you don't click anywhere else in the UI while you're traveling, you can just keep hitting "jump" every time you land until you reach your final destination.

Every once in awhile, the "Selected Item" window shows up black, but I think that's usually when I'm wandering around doing other things (including tabbing out of EVE).
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Honsou Nikumo

Post by Honsou Nikumo »

If someone attacks your Mobile Tractor Unit and your Drones are set to Aggressive, they will Auto Aggro the person attacking the MTU, causing you to have a Limited Engagement Timer (blue symbol - top left corner) with that person, meaning they can pew pew you without concord intervention.

So don't drop your MTU on the warp in beacon. =P

Unless you want to fight. xD