Agent Rangefinder 2

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Carrathel (Biomassed 2017.07.08)

Portrait

Post 2011.05.24 08:15

Re: Agent Rangefinder 2.0

And a general thanks from me as well.

This is one tool that's so bloody useful I can't even imagine what people did in the past, but I assume it involved dredging through the clunky Eve UI.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2011.05.25 22:29

Re: Agent Rangefinder 2

Agent Rangefinder 2.0.5 update:

- Added radio buttons to filter by agent division.
- Added "no agents found" type text so that the UI doesn't act all wonky when nothing is found, such as if you're silly enough to deselect all four checkboxes.
- Fixed a typo. Well technically, updated some text that should've been updated two patches ago.

EDIT: Limited spare time hasn't allowed me to test this latest patch very thoroughly yet, so as always please let me know if you find any bugs.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Earl oSatrun

Portrait

Post 2011.06.21 21:17

I think I should add my thanks as well. I use it often.

I'll keep an eye out for any bugs, but am not certain that I'd notice. :oops:

On edit; I looked at ccp's version of what you came up with... I'll keep yours in my bookmarks, but I doubt I'll ever look at :ccp: again.
Last edited by Earl oSatrun on 2011.06.22 02:38, edited 1 time in total.
I had a signature that was epic and more cool than all the other signatures on this board. The dog ate it.
<<

Brother Murphy

Portrait

Post 2011.06.21 23:46

I love the fact that the version :CCP: releases is nto even as good as ARF ver 1.0 I mean it is utter crap! How are noobs suposed to use the filter options, there are 5000 systems in the universe and you have to select one from a scrolling menu?

wtf! Well done Turhan for being awesome.
Lead Farmers - In W-Space, first you get the ISK, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Join our public channel "LFarm" for more details, a friendly chat or to negotiate the terms of your surrender.
<<

Luc Arbosa

Portrait

Post 2011.06.22 17:58

Yes, thanks for providing this tool -- I used it to find a nearby hisec L3 agent, which I was unable to do from in-game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Jaala Creed

Portrait

Post 2011.06.24 06:32

Luc Arbosa wrote:Yes, thanks for providing this tool -- I used it to find a nearby hisec L3 agent, which I was unable to do from in-game.

There is a new Agent Finder with the new patch ingame. Its really handy. :)
<<

Ffreyn Moonflower

Portrait

Post 2011.06.24 06:53

Jaala Creed wrote:There is a new Agent Finder with the new patch ingame. Its really handy. :)

Shame it doesn't even have half the functionality of Turhan's version.
Hong Hu wrote:Do you ever having something positive or supportive to say to members of the uni? Or do you live, breath, dream bitter vet?

I believe this person is a detriment to the exchange of ideas in this forum.
<<

Physicon Ionavor

Portrait

Post 2011.06.27 14:13

Ffreyn Moonflower wrote:
Jaala Creed wrote:There is a new Agent Finder with the new patch ingame. Its really handy. :)

Shame it doesn't even have half the functionality of Turhan's version.

QFT.
Thanks again for this, Turhan!
<<

Karithina Atruin

Portrait

Post 2011.06.28 14:17

I have to agree Turhans is 1000% better than the crappy one they put in game. TY ! :shock:
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2011.07.30 16:08

2011.07.30 16:07

ARF2 is currently experiencing problems due to the migration to the EVE University host Kvasir. We'll try to get it back up and working as soon as possible.

2011.07.30 21:28

Fixed! It should be working as advertised again.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Leonidas Tokugawa

Portrait

Post 2011.08.01 11:29

Seems too work fine when I access it ... Love this. Great Job ... thank you for your efforts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Grumpimus Prime

Portrait

Post 2011.08.01 12:21

Let me add my note of thanks as well, this is an excellent tool. Especially helpful to a new player still working on learning the local geography.
<<

Lucca Exitus

Portrait

Post 2011.12.02 18:20

Huge thanks for you, this is really a great tool, a way better than the one built in game.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2011.12.02 18:42

Yay, people still use it. 8)

Just a quick update: I will, someday update it to use the new Customizable API Keys. But for now, the old keys still work well.
ImageImageImage
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2012.03.21 21:56

You know, sometimes programmers are just so damn good that things just work. :)
As it turns out, Agent Rangefinder 2 already works perfectly well with the Customizable API Keys and in fact has always worked!

You just need to make certain that you have the right information selected for the key. The items that need to be selected are:

Public Information: CharacterInfo
    Public Information: Standings
    Private Information: CharacterSheet
If you have only these selected, then your Access Mask will be: 8912904.

(EDIT: Well okay, I did have to change the words "userID" and "apiKey" into "keyID" and "vCode"... but that was all. Honest. I suppose that I should at least upgrade the version to 2.0.6...)
ImageImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Discussion