Agent Rangefinder 2

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
McSnarf

Re: Agent Rangefinder 2.0

Post by McSnarf »

I'd also love to see filters (Show only agents of certain levels, only agents who'd talk to me, only agents handing out kill missions and so on).
Maybe also a CSV export - or at least a non-harmonica view that one could copy and paste.
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Logistics, Professor, ILN Captain, Server Admin

Post by Turhan Bey »

McSnarf wrote:I'd also love to see filters (Show only agents of certain levels, only agents who'd talk to me, only agents handing out kill missions and so on).
Maybe also a CSV export - or at least a non-harmonica view that one could copy and paste.
These were possible in version 1 (http://util.eveuniversity.org/Missions/ ... gefinder1/), though the copy/paste capability may need some user editing because the fields were delimited with hyphens for human readability. I considered adding filtering to version 2, but it made the control area very cluttered with a crap-ton of checkboxes, and the results are sorted by level and quality (and thus also by type) anyway.

Ideally, each corporation's list would show as a spreadsheet-like table with clickable headings to sort by that field. I may add that someday if I can find a good JavaScript library with that functionality that plays nicely with the one I'm using now.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
zaneil7
Title: Freshman

Post by zaneil7 »

good tool
McSnarf

Post by McSnarf »

Turhan Bey wrote: Ideally, each corporation's list would show as a spreadsheet-like table with clickable headings to sort by that field. I may add that someday if I can find a good JavaScript library with that functionality that plays nicely with the one I'm using now.
Ah. The mix of both 1.0 and 2 would be perfect for -my- current use case, but I believe that this is not generally the case :-)
("I want to start running L3 missions for ANYone. Kill missions would be best. What are the best agents to visit for that?")

It appears that there are tons of JS libraries out there for some kind of spreadsheety list, but for agents from one corp, I wouldn't put in the effort.

Still - I am quite happy to have access to Agent Finder 2.0, it makes finding agents bearable :-)

Thanks for writing and providing it!
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Agent Rangefinder 2.0.3 update:

- iPhone and iPod (not iPad) users will not see the full station name nor the agent name. This will allow those users to zoom in a bit and still have all the important information visible and readable (at least in Landscape orientation) without needing to scroll around.
- The Corp Title Bar locator indicator has been changed to "Loc#" to avoid confusion.

Aside notes:

- Even on an iPhone/iPod, it still displays as very wide. This seems to be a limitation of... something. Probably the layout engine.

- There's no easy, generic way to detect other mobile device browsers without checking for every single device type. Grr, silly unstandardized industry. (Maybe HTML5 will fix this.) I opted not to use the shorthand text for generic Android devices on the possibility that Android tablets will show up as such.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Gath Ra'nan

Post by Gath Ra'nan »

http://developer.apple.com/library/safa ... wport.html

It's a meta tag, so Android should either ignore or honor (safe in either case). Otherwise Mobile Safari assumes you're formatted for 800px wide since most everyone is.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Combat · Sir Ninja-Edits-a-Lot · Ribbons
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Oh dang, the interface is awful when it's squeezed down into that size, even in landscape orientation. I'll leave it as-is for now, and maybe come up with a special portable format someday. It's of dubious use, anyway, since it's annoying trying to get API info copied in using a handheld.
ImageImageImage
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Agent Rangefinder 2.0.4 update:

- Divisions now map to the new Incarna 1.5 assignments as detailed in the devblog:

Code: Select all

New Division*                 Old Divisions (Amalgamated)
-------------                 ---------------------------
Distribution (100% courier)   Accounting, Advisory, Archives, Distribution, 
                              Financial, Marketing, Personnel, Production, 
                              Public Relations, Storage
Mining (100% mining)          Astrosurveying, Manufacturing, Mining
Security (100% encounter)     Administration, Command, Intelligence, 
                              Internal Security, Legal, Security, Surveillance
Research (100% research)      R&D (no change)
- Agent Quality is recalculated based upon the changes in Incarna 1.5.

IMPORTANT NOTE! These changes can only account for remapped agents. The devblog also suggests that some agents may change to completely new divisions, or change location, or some agents may even be added or removed. These changes cannot be known by Agent Rangefinder until CCP releases a new Official Datadump.
ImageImageImage
Smoogle
Title: Honorary Member, Daniel Wittaker 2.0

Post by Smoogle »

One of the most useful things I found was a list of agents close to a storyline agents for a list of RnD corps. Any chance you could filter by corp, list storyline agents, with a list of what normal agents will send you to the storyline guy?
:pinkiecrazy:
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Smoogle wrote:One of the most useful things I found was a list of agents close to a storyline agents for a list of RnD corps. Any chance you could filter by corp, list storyline agents, with a list of what normal agents will send you to the storyline guy?
We discussed this earlier in the thread. (Or was it in a different but related thread?) To summarize, it is certainly possible. However, it will likely destroy the E-UNI server or whatever server is hosting it to search for all Storyline agents for all current found agents in realtime. Especially, for example, if you find all agents within 10 jumps of Jita. :)

The solution is to pre-generate a new database table linking all existing agents to their associated Storyline agent. I may do something like this in a future version, but probably not soon. Especially not while CCP is actually moving, adding, and deleting agents also in effective realtime due to Incursion 1.5. 8)
ImageImageImage
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Notice: When using your API Key, it still does not take the new Incursion 1.5 skills into account correctly. But that's not currently a major issue because most people are receiving the following error when attempting to access their API info, anyway. :) (This is the API's text, not Agent Rangefinder's.)
General Error: Scotty the docking manager heard you were talking shit about him behind his back and refuses to service your request.
EDIT: No wait, what the hell am I talking about? The new skills don't modify your effective standing, only your LP reward levels. :roll: Well, people are still receiving the error anyway... so there! EVEmon users may also see:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<eveapi version="2">
  <currentTime>2011-05-19 10:38:14</currentTime>
  <error code="902">EVE backend database temporarily disabled.</error>
  <cachedUntil>2011-05-19 10:43:14</cachedUntil>
</eveapi>
ImageImageImage
Grendel Musana

Post by Grendel Musana »

Very nice tool. I tried it out during my lunch break today. Works well and makes me happy.
Jacob Reuben

Post by Jacob Reuben »

Turhan Bey wrote:The Agent Rangefinder tool has been upgraded to version 2.0. The URL is still the same, so users of version 1.0 will see the new version right away.
Love this tool
Eve University Mentor
Hexfet Seven

Post by Hexfet Seven »

Just wanted to come in here and say thanks for your work Turhan, this tool helped me find my new agent after the patch changes in about five minutes....cheers!
Rifner

Post by Rifner »

And double kudos for ensuring it worked after the 1.5 changes. Much appreciated!
Eve gives me insight into what the ape thought gazing upon the monolith.