Agent Rangefinder 2

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Rei I

Re: Agent Rangefinder 2.0

Post by Rei I »

Best tool ever, TY!
Chyka

Post by Chyka »

Can't believe I didn't see this one earlier, what a great tool!
Thanks a lot Turhan!
Image Image
Craige Lordon
Title: Sophomore

Post by Craige Lordon »

One more voice of thanks to add to the wind.

Also two feature creep ideas.

A selector to limit the results of agent types displayed/returned. R&D/Story/Advisory/?/ALL(default)

Would it be possible to add the highest Level/Quality actually accessible next to each company name. Saves the step of clicking thru companies to locate the best available.
Oneiros Lucidity

Post by Oneiros Lucidity »

Fantastic tool, thank you so much. This should be added to the official client.
Image.....................Image
Marcus Graiden

Post by Marcus Graiden »

WOW!!! This is awesome!!!
Geyene

Post by Geyene »

great tool - simple, clean and to the point. one suggestion i would make (probably already made) - perhaps a color code on the bar indicating whether any of the agents are available to you based on api (green vs red or something), and perhaps some aggregate info in the bar, e.g. total # of agents, # available to you, and a breakdown by level.

thanks again!

--g
o7

--GUY-uh-nay
Gravedom Tishari

Post by Gravedom Tishari »

I just want to thank you for the tool.
Its super usefull with the api thing to find agents where i can run missions and saves time!

So thanks!
Former Communications Manager
Former ILN Commander
Former XO BG3
Former Black Sheep BG1

Eve University 4 Life
Brother Murphy

Post by Brother Murphy »

I must say you have a great tool (As the actress said to the bishop!)

a couple of questions if I may?

1) Are you accepting isk donations from Alumni who use the tool?

2) Would it be possible to keep focus on one particular Corp after a re-scan if you change system or size of scan rather than have it default to the top? This would help people trying to grind standings for R&D, perfect refine, jump clone access, Pos Anchoring etc........
Lead Farmers - In W-Space, first you get the ISK, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Join our public channel "LFarm" for more details, a friendly chat or to negotiate the terms of your surrender.
Rabkillz

Post by Rabkillz »

Turhan, the greatest EVE tool ever made!! It has help me progress to level 3 missions, and better manage my very limited Eve time far better than I have ever managed before, thanks :cheers:
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Logistics, Professor, ILN Captain, Server Admin

Post by Turhan Bey »

Oops, it appears that a previous forum lag didn't post my earlier response. XD

- Aggregate information in accordion titles: This should be doable. It may take some time, though, as I'm currently doing some other (non-EVE/E-UNI) projects and trying to make up for some major isk losses from a few weeks back.

- Same-corp focus between scans: I'm not sure if this is possible, because it will have to be a function of the lib that I'm using. I'll look into it, though. I agree that it would be handy, as often I'm interested in the same corp between multiple scans.

- Donations: I don't openly ask for donations, but I also wouldn't turn any down, hint hint. :)
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Agent Rangefinder 2.0.2 update:

- Agents with Locator Services are now prefixed with a ">" symbol. Find your nearest accessible Locator Agent!
- An "L#" indicator in the Corp Title Bar shows the highest-level Locator Agent found within range. However, they may or may not be accessible; you must check the agent list.
- Accordion titles now also show faction standing.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Forgot to include in 2.0.2 update:

- Tooltips show mission type breakdown for different agent divisions.
ImageImageImage
Brother Murphy

Post by Brother Murphy »

Is that not going to be a redundant feature soon? From what I watched at FF it seemed as if they would just be having 1 type of mission for each division, so security gives kill, mining gives...well mining etc....

Or did I misunderstand this and it is simply coming soon(TM)?
Lead Farmers - In W-Space, first you get the ISK, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Join our public channel "LFarm" for more details, a friendly chat or to negotiate the terms of your surrender.
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

It will be a more simple feature soon, anyway. :) As I understood it, an agent belonging to a certain division will provide only a single type of mission. So I'll change the tooltip text into "100% some-type". But it will still be something.
ImageImageImage
Geyene

Post by Geyene »

thanks for the updates Turhan. i hope to be able to use them again one day...

o7
--g
o7

--GUY-uh-nay