Searching for a Home System after EvE Uni

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Araganis

Searching for a Home System after EvE Uni

Post by Araganis »

Hi everybody,

maybe you can help me with a complicated topic .. I got the advice to seek a Homesystem after EvE Uni carefully.

What i`m looking for:
Low Frequency of Travelling through the System
Ice Belts
lots of Mining Belts
Near to Low and Null-sec (Research and PI)
Not much Pod-Kills
NPC Stations with research-lab, factory in the near ..
No aggressive Corp there (Maybe build an athanor for moon mining in the future)

I found two interesting looking Systems/Regions and maybe you know one of them or have a look at Dotlan.com

Osmon in Caldari Space
1.) https://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Osmon

Bashakru in Amarr Space
2.)https://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Bashakru

Can you tell me something about these two systems or the region nearby ? Did you know any corporations or alliances there ?
What should i also check ?

I`m glad about every advice and hint
Araganis

Re: Searching for a Home System after EvE Uni

Post by Araganis »

Really ? No one has an answer ? or Maybe is this the false forum ?

Thx for Help ...

Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Arin Mara »

Hello hello! :) The Forum, much like in the days of Rome, is a great place for contemplative discussion about topics most important. :)

Optimization, especially multi-variable, is exceptionally difficult without meticulous recording of observations over a long period of time.
Travel patterns change seasonally and capsuleer corporations can be fickle, while other variables you quote must be verified by hand, for which I do not have the time.

I have a bunch of research outposts all over New Eden, where I park my Herons, Asteros and Stratios, to which I evacuate when EVE University is at war, but I've never been near these two candidate star systems.

My honest suggestion is to do experiments. Pick a spot, fly around, have fun, mine, do industry, observe your surroundings. Move to another star system and do the same. Compare your notes and decide if you want to settle or if you want to continue gathering data or if you want to move to yet another star system. :)

That's how I wrote Null Anomic Burner Missions and Cosmic Signatures in Drifter Systems! :) The results of these experiments made me much more confident in my reasoning and decision making. :)
Araganis

Post by Araganis »

Thx for your reply !! Did you sell everything when you go further or did you leave your ships in the old systems ? What kind of information (And from where) did you collect and especially how can you see which Corp/Alliance is out there ..

Shaemus O'Conor

Post by Shaemus O'Conor »

While I can't help you with your search for a new home system itself, if you want to reach more people with your question I would suggest hopping over to our Discord server. People are much more active there, while the forums are sadly underused these days (as much as it pains my oldschool heart...).

If you haven't already, join the Main Community group in Alliance Auth (and any other group that sounds of interest, perhaps PvE and Mining in your case). That way you get access to a ton of specialized Discord channels with knowledgeable people in them who might help you in narrowing down a system.

Hope that helps! :)
All praise the glorious Griffin!

Communications Officer - Quartermaster Officer

Ex-Communications Manager

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Arin Mara »

While I run the experiment, I leave my assets where they are. Once the experiment concludes, either because I've found what I'm looking for or, more likely, the allotted time has passed, I contact a hauling service to move my assets.

Both Null Anomic Burner Missions and Cosmic Signatures in Drifter Systems reports answer the information gathering "how" and "what".

Observing which capsuleer fly in an area is best done by flying around the area yourself. :) Direct observation produces the most valuable knowledge. There are also indirect ways to observe star systems such as by recording get_universe_system_jumps or using zkillboard to estimate capsuleer activity.

None-aggressive-capsuleer-corporation is an oxymoron. ;) Your best defense is to be strong, prestigious or boring, but WHC Eviction shows that neither is sufficient to avoid catastrophic damage. Never undock what you cannot afford to lose. Additionally, never anchor what you cannot lose.

The best tactic I found to reduce losses is to fly with at least one more capsuleer. :) If there's two of you, the risk more than halfed. :) If you fly with nine other capsuleer, even a battleship scrambles to enter warp. :P
Araganis

Post by Araganis »

Thx a lot for the response ...

I`m into discord and the groups in the allliance auth (pve, mining, etc.)