Tips & Tricks for makiing enough ISk as an ALPHA to go OMEGA!

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Sigtas

Tips & Tricks for makiing enough ISk as an ALPHA to go OMEGA!

Post by Sigtas »

Being an OLD player who used to make enough isk ratting up in 0.0 space that was owned by the alliance i was in meany years ago, i find being limited to alpha very restrictive and tbh confusing on how or what is the best / fastest way to make isk without having to grind so much that the game becomes my job,
I do have more free time then most, i have a very limited RL income so cash options will be restricted.
i think i can scrape together about 1bill isk between the 2 accounts that i could use to invest / setup towards making a stable income.
from what i understand i would need to be making around 2.5 billion isk per account per month for OMEGA.

i know NOTHING about "huffing gas",
every time i have scanned down a cosmic sig its turned out to be a wormhole and every time i enter a wormhole i end up dead!
I'm running level 2 security missions on my 2nd main account (will be joining EVE Uni) looking to gain rep to get lvl 3 agent's.

So what i'm asking here is can people post there tricks and or any tips that would help ALPHA players make real isk without killing the game.
Lugos Govannon Annages

Re: Tips & Tricks for makiing enough ISk as an ALPHA to go OMEGA!

Post by Lugos Govannon Annages »

This should be a good starting point

[Praxis, NewBro C3 - LowSkills Ratting Praxis]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

X-Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier

'Arbalest' Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hornet II x15
Caldari Navy Wasp x4
Caldari Navy Vespa x5

Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile x2644
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Missile x2500
Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Missile x2500
Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile x2650
Agency 'Hardshell' TB3 Dose I x2
Synth Blue Pill Booster x2
Sigtas

Post by Sigtas »

Thank you for the Praxis fit, i didn't even know that type of ship existed, i have bought and fitted one out for my Calderic who should be more effective in the Praxis then Sigtas. that was a BIG payout for me, I'm nervous to try her out for the 1st time but from what i have read and watched she looks like the ideal ship for my needs, i am very grateful for your help.
Kor Sanyo

Post by Kor Sanyo »

Watch for calls for Metaluminal Meteor mining ops. All it takes is a Venture mining frigate and basic skills (i.e., its Alpha friendly). Basically, its five pilots working together - 4 miners and a logistics ship (Osprey) giving them remote repairs. The miners chew away at a big ugly rock, while the logi ship keeps some vicious rats from smoking the miners. You can do it with more or less people, but five gives the optimal payout. When the rock is gone, everyone gets a share of the payout (around 17million an hour...) plus you can sell the ore you mined at FedNavy stations for some more isk. There are two standard fits for the venture (T1 - alpha friendly, and T2 -Omega needed). Most of the time, the Ventures are available for free (depending on who is running the op) but even if you buy and fit one up, it pays for itself in about an hour of gameplay. Mining is often sneered at as boring, but the MM ops are profitable and the teams are usually quite social, lots of laid back chatting with a mix of newbros and old vets.
Kor Sanyo - Intaki born, Caldari supplied, and University trained.
The ship is a tool, I am the weapon.
Zokk

Post by Zokk »

I've been researching this as well - though am more trying to figure out how I could sustainably make enough income to keep my account running once it's already Omega (I think the initial step from Alpha to Omega looks pretty rough!).

I think some of the passive income streams like PI and BPO research look quite appealing, but can only really be done properly once the account is Omega.

The other activities I think I'm looking at grinding out a bit more to make some initial isk are FW (which should provide some entertainment as well hopefully) and doing Abyssal sites. Keen to hear other peoples ideas as well though!
Sigtas

Post by Sigtas »

done Metaluminal Meteor mining ops for a few hours on 04/01/24, had a blast, was dead easy, made plenty of isk and had a great FC by the name of Ol' Frosty, could not ask for a better teacher, i even got on mumble for the 1st time and joined in the chatter/banter in the standing fleet channel.
would recommend these ops to anyone.
Araganis

Post by Araganis »

I also can confirm that Metaluminal Meteor Mining and other Homefront operations have a good payout. I`ve also done the first of them in the EvE Uni with a great FC who has explained everything to me.

Unfortunately i don`t find fleets for that often.

But for a new alpha a great option to make isk ..

DannyBac0n

Post by DannyBac0n »

This method i am about to share with you is the greatest way you can make ISK.

And that is, getting a job. Hear me out.

The average wage is around £20 an hour and with that, you can buy 500 plex and get a free skin. To then sell that would be 500x5,000,000=2,500,000,000 or 2.5 bil. This means you can now make 2.5bil per hour.

(1PLEX = around 5mil ISK)

You are welcome.
Time to f*ck up the PLEX economy :D :D :D :D :D