Hello

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Aurio Koraka

Hello

Post by Aurio Koraka »

I'm returning to EVE after a long hiatus. I played for a couple months on and off again since probably 2010, but I never really got into the game, I always stuck to just mission running in high sec. Recently I got the itch to play again. I have a 1 year old son so my mornings are busy and I work evening shift for work, leaving only a few hours a night to play. I'm typically on around 0400-0700 in-game time.

I decided to make a new character and learn the game from the ground up. I started this wanting to do mining, but got really bored fast. Lately I have been trying my hand had exploration and have found it very fun and rewarding. I'm currently training to get into a covert ops ship. Exploring has help push me out of my comfort zone and I started exploring wormholes. I've been glued to the wiki trying to learn about different parts of the game I want to try out. I'm not too keen on PVP but I thought about delving into logistics after reading it is a massive help to fleets.

I look forward to hopefully flying with some of you and learning more about this very deep and complex game.
Aener Aldent

Re: Hello

Post by Aener Aldent »

Welcome, glad to see another new member here like myself. I also have 2 young ones, so my availability is sporadic as well.

Mining definitely seems more like a thing you do on a second monitor while doing other things, but maybe it gets more engaging when you're doing more advanced mining? Exploration is pretty fun, I just started dabbling in that, too. Ultimately, I'd like to do a mix of industry and exploration. I don't think I'll really get into PvP until I am well accustomed to the game and have a steady flow of ISK so that losing ships/fits/etc doesn't feel as painful.

Anywho, I'm sure we'll see each other around some time. Good luck! o7