Skill training focus

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Sebtha Hamabu

Skill training focus

Post by Sebtha Hamabu »

Greetings.

I am a very new character, but being quite diligent (well mostly) I have read and watched a few videos, so I am rather drawn towards both small gang and solo PVP. I am especially interested in the potential of E-Warfare, and I quite like the Amarr way of war using Tracking Disruption and Capacitor Warfare.

The ships I have in mind to work towards are the Dragoon, then in the mid term the Curse/Pilgrim.

Firstly can this be accommodated within the EVE-Uni doctrine?

More importantly where should my focus be in the skill pyramid? I am 10 days away from finishing my fitting basics, and I have the option of E-War or Tanking. Which should be my priority? While I am certainly not closing down my options, it really fits my temperament of more of a slower pace sneaky type of trolling than full on action of a tackler.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Take it easy and take it all

Lee King

Re: Skill training focus

Post by Lee King »

Hi Sebtha,

First of all, welcome to E-UNI.

Thank you for your post. I always like to say, E-UNI is about the learning.

As for a Curse/Pilgrim, the Uni doesn't have any doctrine with them in AFAIK. Solo PvP I have no idea about.

For damage, which we always need, Merlins, Caracals and Thoraxes are common doctrines. The don't (relatively speaking) take long to train.

As for EW, Griffins (Caldari Frigate - Bonus to ECM) and Mauluses (Gallente Frigate - Bonus to Remote Sensor Damp) are the most common EW. Blackbirds (Caldari Crusier - Bonus to ECM) sometimes turn up.

In the kiting small gang doctrine, we have the following Electronic Attack Ships in use (They take longer to train and cost more at around 20 million ISK)

- The Keres, which has a bonus to warp Scrambler/Disrupter range ( + other bonuses)
- The Hyena, which has a bonus to Stasis Webifier range

The combo of Web+Warp Scram/DIsrupter is great for pinning targets down at a long range.

I don't know what time-zone you are in but there is a KSG fleet on Wed 13th September @ 01:15. It's in PC9, so travel there in a shuttle and grab a ship on contract.

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=127193

I suggest if you want to take part, train into a [Caracal, EUNI KSG T1 Caracal], just to get a taste of PvP before committing your time to train a more SP intensive ship. If you need some ISK to buy a ship, I'm sure one of the more experience members of E-UNI will buy you one. I might see you there if I can make it.

Any questions, feel free to get onto discord (@Orko42) with me, in game or with any other E-UNI member. We are all a friendly and helpful bunch.

Fly safe (or dangerously if you prefer) and remember the best ship in EVE is friendship.

Lee
o7
- "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Lee King

Re: Skill training focus

Post by Lee King »

Ohh. And don't forget about the Uni's Skillbook Program. - https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Skillbook_Program - 3.5 million ISK reimbursement on skillbooks per day.
- "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"