Understanding Recons

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Calista Mortis

Understanding Recons

Post by Calista Mortis »

Can someone please help me understand the roles of recons vs strategic cruisers? What would the pros and cons be of each in a living in a wormhole/ PVP role?

What would a recons strengths and weaknesses be for solo PVP play?

Thank you!
Sebtha Hamabu

Re: Understanding Recons

Post by Sebtha Hamabu »

Calista Mortis wrote: 2023.08.22 03:00 Can someone please help me understand the roles of recons vs strategic cruisers? What would the pros and cons be of each in a living in a wormhole/ PVP role?

What would a recons strengths and weaknesses be for solo PVP play?

Thank you!
I am considering the same thing, although obviously having deep pockets might be a factor, but any advice would be great.
Sanctia Vitae

Re: Understanding Recons

Post by Sanctia Vitae »

Huh. I thought I replied to this a couple of weeks ago...

First, we should set the baseline that recons (both combat and force) are specialized hulls designed for specific tasks and strategic cruisers (T3C) are purpose-fit, making them quite flexible to fill many roles. This alone is a pro/con for deciding between either. Recons will be less expensive than a T3C, but the latter can be refit for a different purpose--on the fly, even.

As far as strengths and weaknesses for recons themselves, that will depend entirely on which racial recon you fly. In general, however, you should consider the fact that combat recons are immune to d-scan, and the force recons can use covert ops cloaking devices.
She/Her
Senior Mentor Officer
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage