So I had a little Adventure...

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Dio Szaros Macska

So I had a little Adventure...

Post by Dio Szaros Macska »

I'm quite new to the game, and since New Eden is big and I want to see what's there, I was drawn to exploring.
After watching a few YouTube vids on exploring and wormhole space, I plucked up the nerve to venture inside. After a few piddling hauls, I managed to score 47mil ISK in one site! The very next day, I got podded in another wormhole, with a massive 700K ISK worth of loot in my hold :lol:. After sulking back home to Dodixie, taking a break and logging back in, the ganker had dropped 10 mil in my account! I sent a message to thank him, and he more-or-less admitted to feeling sorry for me :oops:. It was very cool of him to do that though, certainly didn't expect a random act of kindness from a ganker. :D

After that, I did a few days of ratting, then bit the bullet and applied to the Uni. Once in, I made sure I took classes on wormholes and exploration. A bit more knowledgeable, my confidence back, I ran a couple of wormholes and scored 52mil ISK.

Tonight wasn't so great. It's stink hot in the UK, I slept one hour last night, and I've been at work all day, but I'm playing anyway. A few wormholes with sharks lurking (yes I wussed out immediately), a measly 900K ISK worth of loot later, and I'm ready to pack up. Then I found a wormhole to hi-sec. "I wonder where this goes...".

It was Myyhera. No idea where that is. I checked my assets, Dodixie is 38 jumps away, including a run through 4 lowsec systems. Now I'd never left highsec, so I checked the planner to take the safe route. And it routed me through 4 lowsec systems.
"No, a safe route!"
This is the safest route.
"Oh flaps :shock: ".
Guess I'm doing this.

So a quick run through lowsec, and it wasn't that bad. The systems were quite empty, and I'm low enough down the pecking order you'd have to be really spiteful to gank me. As I following the route home, stopping to loot a few pirate sites on the way, I'm now docked in Tanoo, where I had a corvette I abandoned after the SOE arc, 20 jumps from home.

So that's my first EVE story. I tried to make it interesting, and if anyone else found it interesting, I may write more. I'm looking at doing Noob's Night in the Hole tomorrow, real life permitting, so maybe I'll run into some of you there!

Fly safe! :D
ImageImage
Strawberry Berzerker

Re: So I had a little Adventure...

Post by Strawberry Berzerker »

Congrats on your hauls! Glad you had a fun time and survived losec. :)

I like exploration but I've never made much isk from it. I'm glad you've had better luck than I. Looking forward to hearing about your first encounter with WingSpan or other locals. ;)
Dio Szaros Macska

Strawberry Berzerker wrote: 2023.06.23 19:27 Congrats on your hauls! Glad you had a fun time and survived losec. :)

I like exploration but I've never made much isk from it. I'm glad you've had better luck than I. Looking forward to hearing about your first encounter with WingSpan or other locals. ;)
Cheers mate! :) It took a little while sucking up the poor hauls until I scored big. I want to try other things too but for now exploration is my main source of fun in this game. I'm also looking to do the Intro to Fleets Sunday, and if I feel I can get my head round that, the Magic Merlins after. Surely I can get a good anecdote out of the weekend 8)
ImageImage
Alfard Firn

Post by Alfard Firn »

I'm glad you survived low sec, the first time I went to low sec I was retrieving a ship I bought and immediately after undocking it someone podded me. Lesson learned!
Dio Szaros Macska

Alfard Firn wrote: 2023.06.24 12:42 I'm glad you survived low sec, the first time I went to low sec I was retrieving a ship I bought and immediately after undocking it someone podded me. Lesson learned!
Ooh, that's nasty! Hope you've had better luck since then!
ImageImage