Returning vet looking for cliff notes of changes to EVE

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Gaeid Modiso

Returning vet looking for cliff notes of changes to EVE

Post by Gaeid Modiso »

I started back in 2009 and I'm an E-Uni Graduate, and I went on to a long nulsec career with TGRAD's. I quit back in fall 2015 after selling off my capital ships and parking in hisec, and now I'm looking to get back into EVE. I'm not a new player, but I've been gone so long it would be nice to be able to catch-up to everything I've missed over the past 7+ years, especially if it can help me find a new direction in EVE (done nulsec, would like to try something new). I found a ton of new player videos and info all over the place, but that info doesn't really help me much, I'm looking more for a returning vet cache of info on all the changes I've missed.

Some possible new directions I've thought about is wormhole living, and faction warfare. I've got multiple pilots that can do just about everything that could be done in nulsec, so I have options ... after I re-learn how to do basic things in EVE and not get blown up.
Misfortune, and recited misfortune especially, may be prolonged to that point where it ceases to excite pity and arouses only irritation.
- Dorothy Parker
Antonin Ferox

Re: Returning vet looking for cliff notes of changes to EVE

Post by Antonin Ferox »

This video from Ashterothi will probably be helpful. It's 1.5 hours, and he covers a lot.

https://youtu.be/4dHpE2Y0mqw