Flying with Mongo: Episode One-ish

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Joe Elongur

Flying with Mongo: Episode One-ish

Post by Joe Elongur »

Greetings Capsuleers!

I wanted to share my experience flying with Mongo the Mechanic with you. It's kinda special and I think you should try it as well.

So I'm a weird EvE pilot, at least I think I am. I moved out to Solitude in 2016 shortly after I first joined in 2015. I don't know how long Mongo has been out here but I have sure heard of him. He's this E-Uni guy constantly looking for fights. The word on the street is that he starts fights and those E-Uni guys get killed trying to save him while he always seems to get away. Mongo the Mechanic...what a Jerk! I bet he tells sexist jokes! I had this image of such a 5 O'clock shadow buttcrack showing sportsing fan in my mind.

Fast forward to 2023 and I'm flying with him. It's all Syndicate scuttlebug. Dude is totally respectful and skilled. He looks for fights. He teaches when he could ragequit. I've flown with some good people in EvE. It's awesome when you find someone like this. When you find someone looking for that fight, ready to swing until you're a box with a chevron around it...ship up and undock. That's why we're here...why we make the ISK.

So, lesson from episode one-ish: When Mongo says "be ready to crash the gate" three times that likely means the fight on your side of the gate is likely going to be a massacre and you should be ready to get the flux out.

So this is where the Syndicate rumors fall short. He brought his cruiser worth 4 times more than mine in and died trying to save us. So much for the "he always gets away."

Still a great roam :D