Hello Total Noob Here

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Archenges Diles Breau

Hello Total Noob Here

Post by Archenges Diles Breau »

Been playing for about a month just wandering around and doing the suggested things from my 1st welcome mail on EvE. Friend said to join EvEUniversity, thusly here I am. Was just accepted, and am having a hard time navigating all the things that are said to be part of the University. Can't log onto mumble, never used it. Discord was pie. Been gaming since "Pong", a way of saying I've been gaming a long time. This is my first online multi player game. I need lots of help...............
Feefrock

Re: Hello Total Noob Here

Post by Feefrock »

Same there :)
Etienne Darmond

Re: Hello Total Noob Here

Post by Etienne Darmond »

Welcome fellow pongster. Oh the 70's a great time to be a child.

Eve can be very frustrating. Like trying to drink from a thousand fire hydrants at once while looking over your shoulder for the guys who will wedgie you for your lunch money.

Looking at one interesting thing at a time can be a great help and remembering the first rule: Do not undock in anything you can't afford to loose hull, rigs, mods, implants, cargo and all. In fact, embrace ship death and clone death as part of the fun.

So enjoy your time in corvettes. And when you've built up enough bank roll to self ensure enjoy the frigates. Don' be like me and rush into a BS that your char doesn't really have the skills to operate and when you as a player are still learning the basics. And then, thinking that a BS is a big cheese, don't ignorantly jump into low sec thinking the rat bounties are going to be fat. They are fatter than high sec but not fat enough to cover the loss of a BS you can hardly afford in the first place.

Confidence based on skill and increasing challenge is one thing. Confidence based on ignorance, while its another way to learn, but its more costly!

Frigates are much easier to loose. AS to character skills check out the Magic 14. They will serve you well in all kinds of ship activities.

Station trading can be a great semi passive low risk way to generate income for self insurance. Just watch your margins when it comes to brokerage fees, changing orders and sales tax.

Good choice on joining the uni!

o7

see you in spaaaace,

ED out