A Visual Weapon Identification Guide

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Mazzic Karde

A Visual Weapon Identification Guide

Post by Mazzic Karde »

Hello All!

My name is Mazzic Karde - long story short I put together a guide for weapon identification while in space as the other guides I found online were not very clear or very helpful. The identification of enemy ship weapon types in PVP is extremely valuable information that can give you an edge in a fight.

You can find the guide at the link below:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... OGpjTaBIc4
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: A Visual Weapon Identification Guide

Post by Uryence »

Mazzic Karde wrote: 2022.08.16 15:56 Hello All!

My name is Mazzic Karde - long story short I put together a guide for weapon identification while in space as the other guides I found online were not very clear or very helpful. The identification of enemy ship weapon types in PVP is extremely valuable information that can give you an edge in a fight.

You can find the guide at the link below:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... OGpjTaBIc4
Hey, thanks for making this and for popping in to post it! Will be filing it carefully.
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Arin Mara »

I was certain the Wiki had such an Identification Guide for Weapons, but I was wrong. There is only a Visual wormhole identification, created by none other than Hirmuolio five years ago.

I've added the Visual weapon identification Wiki Page creation to the list of Wiki Projects. If you are feeling up to it, feel free to pick up the Project yourself. :)
Mazzic Karde

Post by Mazzic Karde »

I did find one in my travels... but it's just a bit out of date! Great for nostalgia purposes though!

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Turret_recognition

How would I go about helping with the wiki? I'm a huge fan of the service you guys provide for the game and its players and have learned a lot from this source so it would be great to give back!
Tanko Potomus

Post by Tanko Potomus »

This is very cool! Can see myself practicing on PvE to have a bit of time without the chaos of PvP combat for proper ID, and hopefully transition to PvP knowledge!
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Arin Mara »

Mazzic Karde wrote: 2022.08.17 18:09 I did find one in my travels... but it's just a bit out of date! Great for nostalgia purposes though!

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Turret_recognition

How would I go about helping with the wiki? I'm a huge fan of the service you guys provide for the game and its players and have learned a lot from this source so it would be great to give back!
Hah! So there is a Page after all! :D ahhahahahaha

How would you go about helping with the UniWiki?
See UniWiki:Welcome, browse the Template:UniWikiNav and than take your pick from UniWiki:To-Do List or UniWiki:Projects.

If you want to pursue a special project, you can always talk to me. :)
Hironaru

Post by Hironaru »

As a returning player, this is good information; thank you!
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Mazzic Karde

Post by Mazzic Karde »

I've also updated the guide to include range and tracking speed information assuming level 5 skills and no ship bonuses/drugs/range ammo/tracking ammo for baseline comparisons.

Newly included as well is a set of slide decks for memorization through Brainscape.com - a free account will allow you to access the slide decks without advertisements and etc. Details for accessing the slides are in page 2 of the Guide linked above!