Omega worth it for casual players?

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Winny

Omega worth it for casual players?

Post by Winny »

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if it's worth upgrading to Omega as a new Casual player, or does it make sense to wait until I'm more experienced?

I know the boosted skill training is a clear advantage, but as a casual gamer I'm not in a rush. So I appreciate the advice if the other advantages are worth the price.
Adrian Tarmikos

Re: Omega worth it for casual players?

Post by Adrian Tarmikos »

I would say at least wait until there's a skill you want but have to be Omega to unlock it.
Official Newbro
Chester Plebbington

Post by Chester Plebbington »

haver to agree. especially if you're only starting out. theres plenty to be done before you hit that point. it'll give you a chance to know if you're all in or not
Koris the Second
Intake & Progression Manager
Intake & Progression Manager

Post by Koris the Second »

I'd recommend you give the game a couple weeks and see if you like the general gameplay loops. The issue with Alpha accounts is that some parts of the game are functionally locked behind Omega, like Covert Ops cloaking, industry, mining and some of the more specialized ships and that you can only train up to 5 million skill points, effectively limiting you quite hard in terms of what your character can do. If you aren't interested in any of those and are fine with the baseline content/skill point training limit of an Alpha account, you do you!

However, there is an Omega offer ongoing right now. As skill points you train while Omega remain while you're Alpha, you - theoretically - can train a character to do what you want, let your Omega run out and enjoy a "free" character with more skill points than what Alpha would let you train.
Image Image