[GUIDE] Air Career Programme

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Hippla Tsero

Re: [GUIDE] Air Career Programme

Post by Hippla Tsero »

thanks, I fixed that!
Former EVE University NSC Manager; Communications Manager; Senior Personnel Officer; Mentor
Current EVE University Coms Officer; FC Team member; Teacher

Current pilot at Coreli Coporation (Pandemic Legion), the retirement home of EVE Uni pilots that like pew pew ;-)

UniWiki User Profile of Hippla Tsero
Dinah Arsten

Post by Dinah Arsten »

Great guide, and rather fun in the Sunesis - you go through rats like butter :)

One thing I noticed was that the rat in the final Soldier of Fortune Career Agent mission (The Exam) dropped a Clutch Restrained Warp Disruption Field Generator for me in Hadaugago, worth just in 4M ISK. Don't know if that was just Bob, or if there's always good loot on that final mission.
ImageImage
Jindo Lee

Post by Jindo Lee »

This should be on the wiki... :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dinah Arsten

Post by Dinah Arsten »

Done. Though it would be good to have it confirmed by others running that mission
ImageImage
Hippla Tsero

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Despite some announced changes, all the "shortcuts" still seem to work.
Former EVE University NSC Manager; Communications Manager; Senior Personnel Officer; Mentor
Current EVE University Coms Officer; FC Team member; Teacher

Current pilot at Coreli Coporation (Pandemic Legion), the retirement home of EVE Uni pilots that like pew pew ;-)

UniWiki User Profile of Hippla Tsero
Scooter Lubby

Post by Scooter Lubby »

Hey there, adding more detail to my feedback yesterday:

-Bouncing between gas clouds does still increment the counter, but gas training sites don't count for this anymore. Very easy to jump into a WH with 2+ gas sites and warp back and forth until 15. I ejected from my ship and did it in a capsule so I didn't need to worry about the rats (after losing a Heron to a single volley on an Ordinary Perimeter cloud)
-Data/Relic training sites didn't count for data hacks at all, even the first time
-Anomaly training sites no longer count for "enter a combat site" nor "complete a combat site"

With these changes, soldier of fortune and industrialist were a snap, enforcer took a fair amount of time (had to do combat sites and farm ship kills), and exploration was the longest and least consistent by far. It's also the one most difficult to multibox since a lot of your time is spent searching for caches. Would be much easier to accomplish for somebody living in low/nullsec, but if it's a fresh alt it was pretty tough to find 15-25 cans in highsec.

Still a great experience overall, and super grateful for all your work on this!
Hippla

Post by Hippla »

Thank you Scooter for your input. I can confirm your observations. It seems like CCP made the initial announcements in the patch notes but then did not implement them till a few weeks later. The guide has been updated accordingly.